Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Legal homegrown marijuana in N.Y. a step closer as new rules OK’d

The regulations allowing anyone 21 or older to grow marijuana are subject to a 60-day public comment period before they become official

By Brendan J. Lyons

https://www.timesunion.com/capitol/article/n-y-cannabis-regulators-approve-homegrown-18671399.php?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=topic%2Fcannabis

9 Likes

Huh, what… ???

3 Likes

https://hightimes.com/weirdos/feeding-the-beast-edibles/

2 Likes

They dragged that along for a long time.

2 Likes

I find this hilarious for some reason :joy:

1 Like
7 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

Are these experts part of the pharmaceutical industry looking to have lifelong paying customers?

7 Likes

Just because the experts in pharma treatments don’t have a sophisticated enough test yet to see the changes weed makes it doesn’t mean it’s not working or is a placebo.

It’s funny how they worry about the possible side affects and addiction of weed but not from pharmaceutical drugs that these people say is worse than weed.

Even if it is a placebo affect so long as the patient benifits what’s the problem, other than the pharmaceutical companies losing money. Some things that change our spiritual, mental and emotional states can not be measured at a physical level, sometimes it changes our metaphysical vibration allowing our chackras to start functioning properly again, especially the emotional one that gets shut down by dissociating from the lengthy experience of violence and fear in a war zone.

9 Likes

A counterpoint… I’ve always been reticent about coming out and saying this, but I’ll just go ahead and do it… I’m married to a psychiatrist. I actually believe that the studies are correct… there isn’t evidence to support that cannabis is an effective longterm treatment for PTSD (Is there an effective long term treatment for PTSD? Sometimes there is no cure for the trauma people go through). As much as people want to believe that there’s some sort of medical-pharmacological industrial complex that wants to keep people sick so they can make more money… it simply isn’t true. Doctors would love to cure people and be short on work.

All of that said, the answer is to legalize cannabis and let adults make their own decisions about how they treat the maladies of their lives. Explain the risks, try to reduce harm, and let people decide for themselves.

11 Likes

I completely agree.

I agree with this caveat, doctors would love nothing more than to be short on work, but like most common businesses, for-profit hospitals are owned and managed by private entities or corporations and prioritize generating profits for shareholders or owners.

11 Likes

My doctor is pro cannabis in principle but doubts its actual benefits. But, if you feel better you feel better.

8 Likes

Like they even know what they are talking about…

They dont…doctors are dumb asses

They dont care…and all it does is jeopardize their practice

Its federal law…no medical use .

1 Like

I think that’s a gross over generalization of an entire field of professionals.

5 Likes

Not just Americans here.

1 Like