Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Well, well.

9 Likes

What in interesting point! I never considered that.

2 Likes

Some folks insisted that the the FDA does not regulate hemp products like CBD etc. :thinking:

The 2018 Farm Bill did expressly recognize the FDA’s authority over hemp derivatives.

2 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes

Legalization Nation: Florida legalization bill may not be a win for all

https://www.greenstate.com/perspective/legalization-nation-florida-legalization-bill-may-not-be-a-win-for-all/

10 Likes

Without homegrow, it’s still illegal, IMO.

9 Likes

2 Likes

Folks better wake up.
If you have not read the comic it may be a good idea.

Once a bad law is passed, it is very hard to get it fixed.
Cannnabis prohibition is proof in itself.
Cannabis prohibition is based on lies and deciept.
That still has not been fixed.
Do not think things will get better in the long run cause the govt. cares about you, they do not.
Legalization is about the money and nothing more.

The war on home growing is real. :grimacing:

7 Likes

They HATE the Michigan model. With a 12 plant limit in Michigan, you could theoretically grow enough to keep you and your friends in smoke for good and none of you ever need to spend a dime in their “dispensaries”. They will do ANYTHING to make sure we cannot grow legally. This is the same model big booze used after prohibition ended and is why it was illegal to brew beer at home until the mid 70s and is why to this day you are not allowed to distill your own spirits.

9 Likes

I do fear my plant count will soon be lowered.
They will say everyone else is getting by with just 2 plants there is no reason you can not too.

Now you are just fearmongering…or at least that is what they told me. :rofl:

This is why they will soon say we are contributing to the black market.
The dispensaries here already send paid employees to protest at the capital.
The deck is stacked, they hold all the money and all the power.
I feel it is just a matter of time before plant counts are reduced or home grows are eliminated altogether.

7 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

I’m glad to see SnuSnuSnu telling the Senate to work with and change the bill rather than declare it DOA.

3 Likes

This bodes well for all of us here at OG :+1: :seedling:

14 Likes

Home cultivation by consumers would not be allowed under the proposal as drafted.
pulled from below

10 Likes

Agreed, hopefully the 7-figure budget at NORML will allow them to graduate/mature their marketing/lobbying efforts to put out these sort of articles via mainstream platforms versus these industry specific niche sites that aren’t converting anybody new

7 Likes

Two cases argue that CT’s legal cannabis is unconstitutional

https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/cannabis/article/ct-cannabis-cases-constitution-highbazaar-19395996.php?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

3 Likes

Interesting case study but it won’t go anywhere unless they’ve got an ace in their back pocket/some juice behind the scenes…MSOs have this state on lockdown and politicians in their pockets. The wise ones hire former politicians on their boards to ensure smooth operation in choppy waters :face_with_monocle: Social equity licenses meant for those impacted by the war on drugs are being awarded to politician’s relatives/spouses and in some cases the same politicians that were advocating against legalization. The only thing that keeps occuring upon reflection of the aftermath, is that government programs/involvement often do the opposite of their stated purpose. HaHa, CT was the only state consumer protection agency to allow the permissible mold limit to INCREASE 100X from 10,000 CFU to 1 million CFU per sample size.

CT is notorious for corruption. Current governor has made money off of no-bid state of CT contracts, Mayors going to jail for corruption then getting re-elected, voter fraud…the list goes on.

4 Likes

I don’t actually know so I’m just assuming that the big corporate folks are treating workers like dirt enough to cause this big stink going on in Missouri.

5 Likes