Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

Heres a comprehensive list if you haven’t got one.

Oxalate-Food-List-Summer-2020.pdf (134.8 KB)

7 Likes

Thank you, I did not have that. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes
9 Likes

“The Biden administration will take a historic step toward easing federal restrictions on cannabis, with plans to announce an interim rule soon reclassifying the drug for the first time since the Controlled Substances Act was enacted more than 50 years ago, four sources with knowledge of the decision tell NBC News.”

“The Drug Enforcement Administration is expected to approve an opinion by the Department of Health and Human Services that marijuana should be reclassified from the most strict Schedule I to the less stringent Schedule III, marking the first time that the U.S. government would acknowledge its potential medical benefits and begin studying them in earnest.”

7 Likes

It should read…
"After ignoring good peer reviewed scientific evidence for more than a deckade this is the first time that the U.S. government would acknowledge its potential medical benefits and begin studying them in earnest. We are sorry for lying and we ask forgiveness from all the folks that were wrongfully imprisoned due to maintaining that those lies”

Signed
Wefleeceum and Howe
US Government

9 Likes

Just seen this but @JustANobody and @Northern_Loki are on the ball

When can I travel across with grass

3 Likes

They have been ignoring solid research and political committee recommendations for much longer than a decade, more like 7 decades.

Just found out that the corporate owner of Etain in NY is :drum::drum::drum::drum: Scott’s miracle grow

6 Likes

We are still a long ways off from that I think.

2 Likes

Oh I know. I just got big dreams lol

1 Like

About damn time an administration did this!

It should have never been schedule I in the first place.

At least now they can really start researching the medicinal benefits of this wonderful plant, and hopefully banks will start working with marijuana businesses now.

3 Likes

The us gov already has patents on pot. If you’re in dc you can go look them up. They already know

2 Likes

Big changes, hang on to your seeds

4 Likes

Biden sends massive cash windfall to Calif. pot industry

https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article/biden-rescheduling-cannabis-19431986.php?utm_source=flipboard&utm_content=ChefJeff314%2Fmagazine%2FCannabis+Currently

4 Likes
3 Likes

because the legal change could mean a multimillion-dollar tax cut for his business

I wonder if the multi-million dollar windfall will keep poison out of legal cannabis.
Naw, they will just put the cash in an offshore account and keep poisoning their customers and patients.
Why would they?
In the last 10 years they have done nothing, the potency testing is a joke.
Will they make more money if they fix this?
No?
Then they will not fix it.
Ahh, legalization is nothing like they promised.
Not at all what they told us it would be like.
The Govt. is getting their money though so that is all that matter to them.
If a few people are poisoned along the way so what look at the cash we made.

https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article/banned-pesticides-testing-california-cannabis-18678450.php

Stoners have known this for many years but it is breaking news today…LOL

Groundbreaking study cracks one of pot’s greatest mysteries

The Hopkins team has filed a patent application for combining limonene and THC to reduce THC-induced anxiety, suggesting the team believes there are possible pharmaceutical uses for its findings. Patents are deeply controversial in the medical cannabis community. Many longtime medical marijuana practitioners and growers worry that pharmaceutical companies will take credit for work done by people who have spent decades working in the shadows with an illegal plant.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m sure they do. I meant more for colleges/universities (etc). It should be much easier now for them to study the plant. There were a lot of hurdles due to it being schedule I.

I’m looking forward to seeing what type of research is released in the future.

5 Likes

Does anyone actually believe that that won’t be the case? I think not.

6 Likes

Did you see their catch phrase is Buy weed from women.
It should say Buy weed from Monsanto… :astonished:

They are probably given special treatment for being a minority company too.

BTW 10 years ago skunkface and his group all insisted this would never happen and said it was just fearmongering. :rofl:

6 Likes

The original owner was a woman. She sold out to etain. Guess they kept the slogan for buying women owned!

2 Likes

Missouri is going to ban Cannabinoid products from Hemp. A short study will happen followed by a ban. The Corporate Store can not have any competition.

https://health.mo.gov/news/newsitem/uuid/c32bc962-9fad-4a37-a43e-721c6709a8d2/dhss-issues-health-advisory-regarding-risks-associated-with-consumption-of-hemp-derived-intoxicating-cannabinoids

4 Likes