Cannabis Current Events (Part 2)

If smokable cannabis is not approved by the FDA…will doctors still perscribe it despite not being approved.

Can doctors get in trouble for perscribing non approved medicine?
If the feds wanted to crack down …would these perscribing doctors get in trouble?

It’s already not approved and they are.

1 Like

So you are saying that the fed will rescedule cannabis but not follow the rules set forth by sch.3.

Why are they even doing it if they will not follow the rules they are setting forth. :woozy_face:
To me that makes no sense.

They aren’t currently following it for schedule 1 now are they?

Are you now pretending everything the government does is good and they never do anything silly or pointless? The government always makes sense? Lol

1 Like

So according to you, everyone will continue to ignore/break federal law and nothing will ever happen?

Do you think the pharmaceutical companies that invested billions in their drug will accept unapproved copycat medicines to be prescribed?
Do you think drug companies can have an impact on how cannabis is prescribed going forward?

This conversation feels like it’s just drumming up scare tactics for no proposed solution.

Think of how much corporate money that’s been pumped into the cannabis space. Do you really think that a move to Schedule III is going to cause a change that will prevent these companies from getting money by dispensing cannabis? HELL NO.

EDIT: And my state med program already prohibits smoking cannabis (Vaporizing is allowed but not smoking.)

4 Likes

I don’t see how stating facts is a form of scare tactics,
The federal govt. has stated this not me.

Folks seem to be saying…
The feds say they will lay out rules for cannabis as Sch.3 but you can just ignore the laws and do what ever you wish.

If that is what you are going with…good luck… :rofl:
Sure folks are already ignoring sch.1 laws but some folks are going to jail at the same time.

This bullshit where some are arrested and some are rewarded for doing the same thing is extremely corrupt.
At least that is my opinion…

1 Like

Lol we are already doing that while it’s schedule 1 and the penalties are higher…

1 Like

Can we agree that moving forward medical cannabis will be bought at a phamacy and will not be in a smokable form?

A dispensary may be seen as similar to a pharmacy if it registers with the DEA as I posted before.
Basically, a dispensary will have to follow the rules the DEA sets for a pharmacy.

You musta missed this…

Your answer seems to be …
We continue to ignore federal law.

Will that attitude prevent you from getting jail time?
Do you offer that same advice to those who have been jailed recently?
I wonder what they would say if asked…“.Is it a good idea to ignore federal laws?”

I have a feeling their thoughts may differ from yours. :wink:

This reminds me of speeding 10 miles an hour over the speed limit.
Some would say it is safe cause they never pull you over.
Well sometimes they do.
What then?

Every one has their own appetite for risk, they need to make those big boy/girl decisions for themselves. Those of us who are actually currently growing as already breaking federal laws… So, there’s that

1 Like

On this point we agree completely. I also think the legalities of the situation are too numerous and contradictory for any one person to have a solution, though. Remember that we’re talking about federal laws, the ways those laws may change, the ways those laws have been selectively enforced over generations, the ways the selective enforcement has chagned over generations… and that’s before we start to talk about how all of this combines with 50 states all having their own laws around it.

I apologize for accusing of scare tactics. I misspoke. I do not think you are trying to drum up fear so much as point out the inconsistencies and then take them to logical conclusions. And we will never run out of inconsistencies on this topic! :smiley:

I do not agree on this. My opinion is that it will be too difficult to enforce, especially as more states have legalized for adult use and allow smoking. There are plenty of doctors who see the benefits their patients receive from smoking their cannabis as medicine. Not all doctors, sure, but still there are lots of them.

It seems like the conversation here is being funneled into a specific, narrow focus. I understand the concern over the potential impacts of these changes. I empathize with those who feel that the laws are set up against them in this situation.

But I also think that we need to keep the big picture in mind and recognize that for years there have been millions of Americans who legally purchase and consume cannabis daily without a single hassle from the federal government and that’s while cannabis was under Schedule I. Now we’re talking about what happens when cannabis is rescheduled to a more lenient category. It makes no sense to me that we should be worried about the federal government suddenly choosing to crack down on medical patients after a move to Schedule III.

4 Likes

No one is denying this, you are arguing points no one is making.

2 Likes

I just don’t want to have to share my info with the DEA to make medicine for my patients. That’s a couple bad election cycles away from potentially getting me put in prison.

7 Likes

Your point was…ignore the current laws cause they are not being enforced.
Well that is exactly what I am arguing.
What you propose is creating an environment where some folks go to jail and some folks get rewarded.

You can’t have it both ways.
Either everyone is safe or no one is safe from prosecution.
I don’t feel it is good advice to suggest we simply ignore the law cause they probably won’t bust us for doing so.

1 Like

You do know the AMA is the most powerful entity in the world right?
Might they want a say in this new multi-billion dollar medical industry?
Might they wish to exert some force on this issue?

They are not greedy, there is plenty of room for competition, right?
The drug companies love competition so all are welcome to collect some cash from this new drug… :upside_down_face:

Do you think the makers of Epidiolex are good with folks buying the active ingredient at the local gas station?

Will these drug companies have an effect on cannabis laws as a medicine moving forward?

I suspect they will…

2 Likes

is now the time to pirate all the old issues possible?

1 Like

But we currently have to both ways.

1 Like

It’s litterally what we are all currently doing, if you grow.

1 Like

No, it’s not, you’re being an alarmist again.

1 Like