Cannatrol users

Typically you hang whole plants upside down in a sealed room at 60 F and 60 % humidity , the respected hang dry procedure

1 Like

yes that i understand but you confused me with that statement

1 Like

Well I have a unit in hand.
My only complaint so far is I wish they were super discreet. The company name “VT Dry and Cure” would set off any UPS guys in the know. Also the “stealth” plastic was worn down and you could see Vaportrol on the box. I’m a bit paranoid about that kind of stuff.

4 Likes

Should have said 15 days at 60/60

1 Like

didnt want to correct ypur statement but i agree the second would of been better for my understanding
but to your defence im french so my english could lack understanding maybe

1 Like

ya know, ONCE IN A WHILE, when i post…IM STONED!!!

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

i never imagined anyone here would indulge in such consumptions :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I just ordered mine a few days ago, and I’m stoked (and hoping that the unit arrives before I chop in a few weeks). Stoked, I say!

Question on the glass front: I know that they have different options for covers/overlays for the front (which I didn’t pull the trigger on, I just went with the “Clear UV Glass” option). Is the UV protection enough to prevent light damage to the terps, or should I overlay the front with some nice light-blocking contact paper (or a shitload of stickers or whatever)?

My unit will be in an area where ambient AZ sunlight will be entering the room through new UV protected windows. It won’t be blasting the unit with direct sun, but it’s definitely the brightest room in the house (except my tent, LOL).

Incidentally, I’m happy to see that this group is chill for the most part, and that’s why I joined. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

5 Likes

First off, let me say welcome to the OG @MoreOfABrewerReally. The Greatest Show on The Interweb. We are a very chill and friendly community, unlike other forums.
2nd, welcome to taking the step forward and your purchase of a Cannatrol. As far as the glass
goes, you should be fine. It sounds like you’ve got Low-E glass in the windows for the house, more than likely Argon filled. Combined with the glass in the door, I really wouldn’t worry too much.
I’ve been in the glass business for over 30 years, from running a tempering plant, to owning part of a large glass shop, so I’ve seen the industry go thru the changes.
Glad you found the owners thread. Take the time & read from the start, I know it will take a bit, but, there is a lot of great info that’s been exchanged between us owners. And you won’t get hassled or berated for making your purchase.
Kick back, enjoy a smoke, read, and engage the community, and you’ll soon be ready for the seed giveaways also.
Once again, welcome to the OG and enjoy the forum.

6 Likes

7 days at my settings , completely dry

10 Likes

Looks like an awesome tasting smoke!!!
You think of you sloped it down a little further, you’ll be able to pull it sooner???
Really looks like the Trichomes got locked on to those buds!!!

1 Like

So Ed and David both tell me the dry process , no matter where I set it , what they call equalization, is done in 2.5 days essentially . Maybe out to 3.25 days if heavy load and dense material . So rest of time they consider the cure. Once bud stabilizes it begins cure according to them .

At defaults here , 4 days produces 68 percent bud . At my lowered setting it produces 58 to 59 percent bud . Quicker and lower didn’t seem to harm or see any difference other than by day 8 the bud will already be Harding up , which would take , the old way , 15 hang , 10 to 15 days in a bag .

I much prefer my bud at 57 to 58 percent . Do not like it at 62 or more . Don’t smoke it at 62 .

I’m gonna tweak tomorrow one last time and run 4 day dry at .25 higher than this last run .
.2 higher on cure setting and same on hold

3 Likes

do you share your setings?

3 Likes

even if he does i would assume things would be different in different climates ? i might be wrong though no wait i usually am :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@204medismoke you are right.
Settings are a “base” to start with.
Where @Jetdro runs his, might not be ideal for me. I tend to run a little cooler than other users, some stay at defaults.
It’s really getting runs done, and experimenting with what is working best for you.
That’s actually part of the “fun”, figuring out what works best for you. The same with “conventional” methods, everyone seeks 60-60 as their target numbers, because that’s what’s been ingrained in our heads, but might not be ideal in others environments.

3 Likes

yea thats what i figured i read in here thanks for the confirmation! wonder when their going to make a deep freezer sized unit that can do 1-10 lbs at a time,

2 Likes

She’s loaded up boys!!! Now I know what it can hold, and my next run is over 2x what I put in this, so I’m pretty :slightly_frowning_face: :worried:

10 Likes

Lol ive been saying this since day 1… its not possible for jarring methods to beat this machine … at best they can come somewhat close to equal… but only with much effort and worrying and thats if you happen to be perfect lol

6 Likes

That looks really nice! Nice variety of vibrant colors!

3 Likes

I have my cure set to exactly that… 58 percent … and I really liked it… I can’t wait to get more in and try more settings… but I have to say… it definitely gets way better after like say day 15 of curing… and then again at around day 25… major differences in my opinion… so much smoother and the darkness really portrays during smoking more richly

3 Likes