Cannatrol users

@Jasper LOL
Crickets are all you’ll hear chirping. It may “sound” easy, but the Trol team had it dialed in long before they started in the cannabis realm. It’s amazing that the SAME technology is used in the cheese and aged meat industry, and coincidentally works for cannabis.
I was sold on the 1st run I did, and I primarily only do outdoor runs, so really only use mine once a year.
After many many discussions with @Jetdro and he taking the plunge also, having him, who grows 10X what I do per year, and has been for quite some time, in the Cannatrol “court” speaks volumes. It just plain works!!!
It takes any and all guess work, worry, and frustration out of the dry/cure process, and makes it so simple that a 1st time grower can have superior tasting product at the touch of a button.
Over 400 replies!!! Never thought this thread would reach anything close.
THANK YOU for the participation and discussion Cannatrol owners!!!

9 Likes

Biggest plus for me is the storing of my buds and me not even thinking about them . When I reach for a bud , it’s better than the Last one I reached for . Wet sponge once a week or so , it does the rest .

Can’t imagine not having one now , waiting on my second unit to be delivered

7 Likes

Idk why I keep stopping by here and reading…
It just furthers the envy! :rofl:

6 Likes

@Jetdro It’s the “peace of mind” that I referred to long ago. You and I both went thru the up and down the stairs, checking, checking, adjusting, worrying. Now it’s hit the button, empty the tray a few times, and, walla, buds done.
And like I said, you grow 10x what I do thru the year, so you are going to use it way more than I do, and I was sold after my 1st run.
I’m not one to really “tout” a product, but the Cannatrol has made worry free, easy work of drying/curing, and don’t have the wife complaining (bonus)
It’s a big up front cost, but worth every penny to me for the ease of drying/curing-storing all of my hard work thru the summer.

3 Likes

I’m on my 1st run W/ the Cannatrol & just today I went into the 4-day final cure. Does the water tray on the back always have water coming out? in the cure cycle as well? I guess if the sponge is damp, it will pull water out.? on 2nd day of DRY I put the PVC cup W- Sponge in it! I want to put a 3/8 tubbing to drain hole & remove the dam tray! I wish this Cannatrol unit had a Phone app to check my Temp & Dew point ect, would be nice. Cheers - Growers luv 100% Stay Lifted

5 Likes

@Bigterps420 typically what I’ve found, is after the 4th day, it’s pretty stable and done filling the tray. For me, it’s been once a day for the 1st 4 days, after that, it’s pretty much done.
As far as having an app, no need, the Cannatrol does EXACTLY what they say it does, and no need to check it after hitting the start button.
Welcome to the Owners Club and enjoy the hell out of the “set it and forget” ease of drying/curing!!!

6 Likes

Love the idea of a tube to a bucket or drain… perfecto!!! I’m about to stick my 2nd… and last harvest for a while in mine… gotta move… frigging sucks bad! But what can ya do? I haven’t been able to follow along like I’m supposed to… but I’ll be lurking here and there until I get settled again… I miss this place, I hate not being here every day… my life has been in total disarray for a month straight… but I know somehow we will get it lined out… then back to growing which has become my passion beyond passions

5 Likes

I agree with @kgrim… that machine never needs to be checked for Temps and humidity… it stays within 1 to 2 tenths of a humidity digit or temp degree. Consistency with this machine is unrivaled!! So seriously no need for an app. You could take a pic of the settings and refer to it… because that’s where it’ll be constantly

5 Likes

I’ll say it again because it’s been a while… but 30 plus days in that machine, (longer cure) is phenomenal compared to the 4-4 default

3 Likes

I put one of these inside my unit just to cross check and peace of mind. Dead on accurate.

2 Likes

Yup… it’s truly a rocksteady machine as far as keeping it right where you set it… I watched mine … then realized it was unnecessary lol. It literally didn’t budge, but maybe a tenth of a point for a fraction of a second here and there… day after day week after week, nothing but consistency

1 Like

90 bucks isn’t bad for something that accurate, I may get 1 to ensure sensor calibration in my big tent… thanks man

3 Likes

I just bought a Cool Cure a couple of weeks ago and packed it full of wet trimmed buds (Super Lemon Haze, very smelly) yesterday for my first run. Using the factory pre sets, already emptied the drip tray twice.

Can’t wait to try the cured bud.

6 Likes

I also have another but the slightly cheaper still within a percentage point or so for my tent plus it has a VPD offset.

Welcome to the Users group @Hobbes. By day 4 you should be all set with emptying the tray, a few days later, enjoy the 1st taste of your harvest, and the longer it sits in the Trol, the better it will get. Grove bags after the cycle works also.
Once again, Welcome to being and owner & the users group!!!

1 Like

@Kgrim
Your like an Ambassador

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I love the idea of Cannatrol, BUT the Freaking price In CAD is enough to make me :laughing: squint.

3 Likes

Should wait them, im sure they will get cheaper… :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

The offer is extended to you also @CADMAN,
Save on taxes, have it shipped to me, drive over the bridge, pick it up and take it home. I’m 7 miles from the Bridge in Sarnia. The conversion rate sucks, but you can save not paying all the taxes.

1 Like

I appreciate your offer very much.

Don’t have a passport my friend. @Kgrim

2 Likes