Cannatrol users

My guess is over dried from the start possibly. Or crap genetics the buds should smell good at the start of the dry and improve with a cure if there hay smelling after initial dry down chances are they won’t get any better.

1 Like

Around 72-75* for bag storage temp

When broken up they have a ok smell

Over dried from start of run in the machine? I put them in wet and don’t hang the plant prior to putting into cannatrol

1 Like

Busting Myths: Where’s the weed smell…? - YouTube

Video is from Cannatrol

That could be part of the issue as I always hang in a 60% and 60 f room for 2 weeks . Once that’s happened I then start the cure.
Maybe someone else can chime in about fresh wet bud going straight into the cannatrol !

I put mine in wet as well… no hay smell… I’m not sure what’s up… I think you aren’t giving it enough time have u tried curing for longer? I’ve heard of this hay smell during curing I can’t remember what causes it… I’m thinking too wet for too long or it could be you’re not letting it cure long enough… how long during cure cycle? Anything under 10 days curing is a waste of a cannatrol in my eyes… because it can and will change in that time period… I’m at day 50… still not stopping there! :joy: I thought we narrowed down the hay smell to bad bacteria … I assure you… IT is NOT the cannatrol

1 Like

Lmao I’ve seen your work, there’s a reason I’m always picking you and Ifish and papalags and jetdros brains lol… you all already have amazing bud, don’t be so modest :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you if I win a lottery I’ll definitely be buying one.
Too bad cannatrol didn’t work on the barter system I’d have 2 by now. Lol

1 Like

looks like this is a great investment, it’ll be quite a while before i can afford one but it looks like it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Anything over 70 terps are gone , and not coming back .

I hang 2 days before Cannatrol , run the 8 day program , then Grove at 58 percent and 52 degrees .

Cannatrol is NOT hurting your crop , my guess is your feed program , lots of N and green green leaf

7 Likes

so how far do you cannatrol owners trim? just fan leaves? all fan/sugar leaf? leave on stem/branches? or down to the buds no leaf or stems? i see multiple methods on cannatrol instagram so i’m curious, what works best for you?

1 Like

I trim as close as possible for space @anonymous4289

2 Likes

You’re saying the cannatrol temp needs to stay under 70 while running the 4day/4day cycles?

1 Like

For sure… we all keep it below 70 if not even lower like 65’s… I’m at 67.9 @Animosity as @Jetdro said… above 70 terps gas off the buds… below 70° F … they lock in… and are retained for smells and flavor

1 Like

Did you do a final flush? Maybe nutes left over? I’m curious as to what it really is now … it’s like I’m having dejavu or something… frigging weird lol

1 Like

Saw that cryocure is releasing a home machine that is “only” $10,000 =) It looks to be a freeze dryer that is purpose built to not remove all the moisture from the flower like a regular freeze dryer might.

Just curious if anyone has smoked any cyrocured flower before and what your opinion was.

1 Like

I just dont like anything freeze dried… I think it’s damaging no matter the method… under a microscope those trichs look like an alien ship knocked em all over sideways… but that was all dispensary stuff who knows if they used a cryocure…

1 Like

I’m pretty skeptical myself. The buds look amazing as they don’t really seem to shrink down much and I can see the terpenes being preserved potentially better like they claim. I can also see it being total bullshit and the buds being so dry they disintegrate. Thats why I was hoping someone who has tried it might be able to chime in. I don’t think there are alot of places offering it yet. If anyone is near a dispo that offers cryocured flower I might be willing to sponsor a little tastes test for science lol.

1 Like

I’ve tried “freeze dried” bud, and I wasn’t all too impressed, broke into dust like it was over dried.
It does what it says it does, 12-24 hours, and your buds are dry, but if you’ve ever tried freeze dried fruit, then you get the idea.
Sure, the Cryocure has NOW come out with a mini, as their sales of their “home” model suffered at $50k. Let’s not forget, $10k ONLY gets you the base machine, now add the vacuum pump $4.5k, trays $950 and their “moisture analyzer” $2.4K and you’re well into over $17k.
I’ll stick with my Cannatrol all day long and wait my 8-10 days. Even a bottom line Harvest Right, costs over $2.5k with horrible customer service, no support, and more failed units than a manufacturer should have, probably around 40%.
The only thing that I would see a freeze dryer good for would be bubble hash, and at that, I’ll still wait a couple weeks for it in my freezer, then finish the dry in my Cannatrol.

4 Likes