Cannatrol users

So it will kick on when water reaches the sensor and kick off when it’s low enough… it’s absolutely perfect for the back of the cannatrol man …

2 Likes

Looks like the back of the cannatrol is about 3 inches tall… so would need some type of modified drip tray… but if we figured that out… this would make it set and forget completely

1 Like

I can think of two ways to increase tray capacity. Increase the size or increase the evaopration rate of the watrer. A small PC Case fan blowing on the water tray would evaporate the water faster. Maybe add a sponge to soak up and evaporate the water even faster.

3 Likes

They work good I’ve installed hundreds of them from different manufactures for ac equipment. THEY DO WORK.

2 Likes

I keep a sponge in mine. That way, instead of having to disconnect the tray, I can just grab the sponge and squeeze it out. After each batch, I clean the tray and sponge. It is not ideal, but it is a bit easier on my back.

8 Likes

That’s a great idea! Good thinking. Especially if it’s not elevated.

I still think that pump with an alternative drain tray to accomodate the pump would be the final solution to ever needing to even visit our cannatrol at all… especially if you find a way to route the hose to a drain or washing machine drain pipe or ac drain…

1 Like

I’m liking the email cannatrol sent… looks like the dyi projects will struggle with doing the same thing i.m.o.

1 Like

I’ve been seeing a couple of these products recently. I’ll edit this post to share others when I find them again.

TerpKing cooler

Thoughts?

1 Like

Looks small, but defiantly interested considering the price. Hopefully this is the beginning of these curing and storage units coming down in price.

1 Like

I saw some others, one that were metal disks, about dog bowl sized that you put onto a large plastic tote.
Seems legit, I used a cardboard box and a plastic tub a while. I don’t have a lot of space in the house, and everything not put up is in danger with all these kids and pets, so drying is always a challenge.

1 Like

Very curious about this as well for long term storage of flower. Right now in OH we are getting slammed with hot, humid days. Even in my basement where i typically store my bud, its 70-75 degrees

1 Like

I’ve looked ar several of these machines… and it looks like you’ll get what you pay for… they seem smaller… and they seem less pinpoint accurate as far as it’s actual functionality… but nevertheless… a better alternative than jars

2 Likes

Well, for what it’s worth I joined the club and have ran my first harvest through the machine. Basically used @Jetdro ’s settings.

I like it. No smell while in machine. My wife likes that. It does produce smokable product in 4 days, if that is important to you.

Zero hay smell here. Yes, it is subdued out of the machine. But I put some in a Grove bag and it smelled up within a few days. Pungent when ground up.

I wonder how many of the complaints about hay smell are just new grower learning pains? Put a good product in, my limited experience so far is that you’ll get a good product out.

6 Likes

I’d believe it. Even if they are just new to Cannatrols. A lot of these old heads have their system down and loosing the reigns to a machine can feel like some bullshit.

Also, I wonder if people know what hay smells like. I’ve smelled the “greenish hay” of weed drying, but hay-hay smells like hot dust and tumbleweeds. I would not want actual hay smelling weed, but the green stage is to be expected as any plant dries.

5 Likes

Lol @hay smell I practically grew up in a barn full of winter feed hay bales of Timothy and such beings as my grandparents ownened a dairy farm. So I defiantly know what fresh hay and seasoned hay smells like

4 Likes

Thats Awesome! @Tripl3fastaction

Just out of curiosity, did you do Jetdro’s 6 days in Cannatrol, then move to Grove Bags for a period of time? He only uses Cannatrol to dry, then straight to Grove Bags.

He doesnt run full term in Cannatrol. Im still messing with my settings, but have a new batch of LSD harvesting in 2-3 weeks :grin:

3 Likes

I wasn’t planning on getting this, so I had to stagger harvest a tent that wasn’t planned that way. So I harvested 2 plants, put them in for 3 days. Then I harvested another plant and, despite severe warnings not to do so :grinning:, I added the fresh material into the Cannatrol and ran everything for another 5 days. Took it all out at once and put in Groves, and they have turned out real similar to my old style dried plants.

Plants 4&5, about 9 dried ounces, finally went in the empty Cannatrol using @Jetdro ‘s settings. After 6 days I put some in bags and left some in the box. Both options have turned out as good/better than my old method.

6 Likes

All Three Cycles on 12,3 Celsius and the Weed is amazing , after 6-9 Days in the Cannatrol put it in Grovebags and in the fridge by 18 Celsius.

1 Like

First 48 hours in Cannatrol

Kinda cool. Found video while cruising around last night. Not my stuff,lol.
Not sure if people have seen this one yet

5 Likes