Cannatrol users

I’ve recently seen an Australian prototype of a competitor to this. At the time I didn’t know what Cannatrol was so the numbers went over my head a bit but I think I heard “half the price” mentioned.

Currently I wet trim and then dry in brown paper grocery bags in amongst the plants, for about 10 days then put in Mason jars and burp as needed, which is about as basic as you can get. In the past, most of it would go as soon as it was dry and I’d just hold back enough to last me until the next crop. So only more recently have I discovered how much better it gets with a bit of age. It seems crazy that this thing can do in 8 days what would take me at least 3 months, and apparently it can do it even better in those 8 days.

2 Likes

Dont get too excited… lol.
My Cannatrolled weed is good, but honestly 8 days was not so great. Now that Its been 30+ days, its better than at 8 days, by far.

But, if I compared the Cannatrol to my two conventional Dry/Cures done prior, I’d take my conventional stuff at 8 days. After 6 day dry, and into Grove Bags it was very good, highly smokeable, and only got better with additional curing in Grove Bags.

After 8 days in Cannatrol, the results werent as tasty as my conventional tent dry. Not even close.
These are just my results, my observations, and my grow.

Again, this is just 8 days. Not saying anything about Cannatrol performance beyond the 8 days… That changes everything.

Just as with conventional drying and curing, the Cannatrol can have a learning curve.

Just my 2 pennies…

4 Likes

I agree… 8 days won’t beat a full blown jar cure in my opinion

2 Likes

I understand it’s just your observation, but it don’t explain anything in the way of WHY. Why would there be this big difference? You have a highly controlled sealed environment vs. an external system that, even with electronics, is gonna have much wilder swings in humidity and temperature when compared to a Cannatrol.

WTF is going on with these observations?

4 Likes

Well, apparently the environment isnt sealed and highly controlled, or it would perform the same regardless of locale.
Its a tool to use and has a learning/settings curve. Curve is per user, per locale.
People have grown weed many different ways to get similar results. Same with the Cannatrol, Im guessing.

4 Likes

One of the problems with some people is they cant keep their nose out of the cannatrol. When you put your bud in their dont open the door again until it is in the hold cycle. If you have to rotate buds becuase you dont want a flat side, turn them once every other day.

Another problem is room temps going over 75. If it gets in the 80s in the room with the cannatrol the bud is going to lose terps from the heat.

6 Likes

Anytime i opened my door to mine… once shut was back to setpoint in seconds… now as long as people don’t sit there with it open . . id say it’s fine unless they are doing it tons of times every day…

1 Like

Sealed I suppose not as much… highly controlled abso friggin lutely

I say that about sealed because it uses ambient room air… but again… locale with ac units shouldn’t be a problem really… maybe in a desert environment a little… I know yall have humidifiers lol… so again… doesn’t matter if you keep your home reasonable or at least the room or whatever the cannatrol is in…

1 Like

I would have thought the same, and have stated it several times. Been shut down. Would think it takes short time to equalize or remove ambient air and then stabilize.

Very true. Conditions bounce back very quickly. Ambient air is moved from system and homeostasis is restored.

1 Like

Hey guys, harvested LSD this past weekend. Here’s a few photos

Ended up finding some mold on a few of the upper colas :neutral_face:
Worked around it. Probably lost just around 2oz dry. It was there a short time, Im sure. Im closely looking at this stuff with light and magnification daily.
Never would have seen it if I didnt buck the buds…
I saved one cola that had no signs of mold as a trophey, and to further check. Its the smallest Cola I had, that wasnt affected.

I was set to do a low and slow 8 day dry/8 day cure, but finding mold changed thngs. Doing a default run 4 day dry /4 day cure, but set store just a tad higher at 54.2° Dew Point.

Removed and emptied water tray Sunday after 23 hrs… Poured into measuring vessel, and 225 ml. Around 3/4" deep in tray.

Emptied this morning before leaving for work, and solid 1/2" in tray.

Cannatrol is Cannatroling :100:

If you want to see the entire mis-adventure, tune in here! James' lil Octo-Burner. One 2x2 Tent. One Octopot. One BIG-ASS light to rule it all! - #369 by supersecretjim

Was smelling sooo good in the unit yesterday. Just open the door, and amazing. Little bit less of a smell this morning.
Just as with prior Blue Dream/Skywalker OG run, no smell outside unit. If I didnt open the door to check things… You’d never know.

12 Likes

Hey @Jetdro im quite late to reply here but what you did was a 66F and 60% rh dry for 15 days and it worked out well?

1 Like

He might not answer till he’s back. That is if he decides to come back.

5 Likes

If he was around, he would definitely not like having to say it for the umpteenth time… :100: you know that’s one of his favorite things to do, LOL.

I’m kind of bad that way historically myself…
I’ll teach you once, no problem.
I’ll teach you again… listen good this time , idiot.
I won’t even attempt a third time :joy:

I believe the numbers are 68° F bulb temperature and 53.5° dew point for 6 days, and then straight to Grove bags for cure.

4 Likes

That is one hell of a machine, takes all of the hassle from trying to dry out naturally, great stuff @supersecretjim :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

As a testament to what @Jetdro had posted prior and what I pasted above, here’s my current Cannatrol stats. Slope to 54.0 has already been reached. Reached hours ago, actually… with two days left on Dry cycle. To be followed by a Cure cycle programmed to bring weed down to 56% -57%RH.

Putting my faith in this things default setting only because of my mold scare

3 Likes

Found this online recently. Supposed to be sweet settings for any dry cure, but they have been tried by others using Cannatrol

Apparently need to convert the RH to Dew Point… and cant be fully programmed, so requires baby sitting.
Confusing as hell. Has anyone else seen this and used it?

1 Like

Drying in the mid 70’s seems like complete BS. Along with really low RH… disaster according to the people that are trying to do it scientifically.

2 Likes

I know it seems crazy… Even Cannatrol brings it to 57% during default cure.

Here’s small excerpt from the web page…

We want to begin our dry phase in a precise climate of 72 degrees fahrenheit, or 22.2 degrees celsius at 55% relative humidity and a 1.2 kPa, over the course of 48 hours. This is considered our phase 1 of drying and will begin that process of evaporating that surface moisture, while pulling the inner moisture of your flower toward the surface through adhesion. After the initial 48 hours, we will increase our pressure slightly, as a transition to phase 2. By increasing the tef, or mp and kPa to 74f, or 23.3c, and 1.39 kPA respectively, while reducing our rh% to 52%, we increase the rate of transpiration, while not overwhelming adhesion, leaving that chain intact as that moisture is pulled closer to the surface. After a 24 hour adjustment period. We move into the final phase of our dry, which is phase 2. Increasing temperature and VPD to 75 degrees fahrenheit or 23.9 degrees celsius, and 1.5 kPa for the final 48 hours will reduce the remaining moisture content in the near-surface layers down to a final dry moisture content of 10%.

Here’s with Kyle Kushman podcast…

And on youtube with Kyle Kushman…

Someone on Reddit ran it, and said its awesome with his Cannatrol. Wondering if anyone here has tried it.

Ok Trol owners,
1st “full” prototype drain tray is done. I’ll be putting a WIKI up later this evening. Too busy to do it at the moment.
But, just letting everyone know, I DIDNT forget about you!!!

10 Likes

Sofaking awesome :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
I cant wait. Just need to see if I can print locally here in Vegas. Sure there’s options

Dude… :hugs:

3 Likes