Cannavore Selections

Thanks for digging up those pictures! The Absolute Unit offspring appear to be quite photogenic as well.

6 Likes

An absolute unit for sure super sad I missed out on those :sweat_smile: that ssdd cut sure does look frosty :drooling_face: those lazy sundaes ain’t no slouch’s Either!

3 Likes

Very very nice all around ! Awesome work

3 Likes

Finally got my shit together. Beans to GLG are flying now.

20 Likes

Counterfeit kush yes please!!

4 Likes

Man, I thought I was searching the wrong beanery, as I could find them!
I thought DAMN they sold out fast LOL!
Cool 7/28.
I’m running Pirate Sweat x Dirty Sanchez, and Slush Puppy x Now n Later x GMO Waltz
Still smallies right now.

7 Likes

update after coming home from shambhala. Everyone has bounced back from the hailstorm and a single fuck is to be given by these young ones.

9 Likes

Seen the drop is on GLG. Looks like some good stuff!

1 Like

Yes it is! Funk lovers don’t sleep on the Dirty Sanchez stuff. Like I mentioned above, for most of these, the last stock I have was just sent in so what’s left is what’s left!

24 Likes

@Cannavore Just wanted to stop by and say I am a huge fan of your work. Your Bodhi guide is what got my seed buying addiction started haha. You have some amazing looking crosses of your own going. Is GLG the only bank to carry your work? What would be your flagship cross that you think is a must grow that I should pick up?

11 Likes

Pirate Sweat x Dirty Sanchez in 4" pots being up potted to 1 g’s.
Will do, Slush Puppy = Now n Later x GMO Waltz to 1 g’s.
They are getting poked into my medium mix, ferted with DownToEarth goodness, a mix I put together, so any uglies are on me.
They went into 4" pots on 7/9 and into 1 g’s today 8/1.

Will update, in a month or so.
webe

12 Likes

@The_Lazy_Hippie appreciate it. Well I don’t make a ton of seeds and usually it’s a one and done pollination so I’m not sure if I have anything that would classify as a steady flagship just yet. My first “real” work was the GMO x Dawgs Waltz and it’s crosses… among those, the Garlic Sweat, Lazy Sundae, & Dirty Sanchez among others have proved themselves to be winners and so now I’ve begun working the Dirty Sanchez to F2 (w/plans to go further) and crossed it to some other loud/skunky/old school smelling cuts to match the old school skunky weirdness that is Bodhi’s American Skunk Selection (which is the mom to Dirty Sanchez). So I guess currently you may want to check out the Dirty Sanchez F2. DS F3 project isn’t in the immediate future so what’s out there is out there from those for now.

My future plans are looking like GMO x Dawgs Waltz F3, Dawgs Waltz F6, Garlic Sweat exploration, Lazy Sundae F2 & beyond, something completely unrelated to my GMO Waltz work (a NLD x Afghan combo), as well as continued preservation (in limited quantities) of old lines I have fridged up.

15 Likes

Nice. The cross on that one is just Now n Later x GMO Waltz… the name of the cross is Slush Puppy =)

i know there’s a few crosses with that name, at this point it just seems inevitable that name duplicates arise =\

keep an eye on the pirate sweat stuff. bodhi’s cut as well as my S1’s sometimes hermed… usually at the end of the run like Chem D but i’ve seen a few early ones pop up too in Garlic Sweat.

6 Likes

Hey Cannavore, thank you, fixed that =, and will keep an eye for a herm. I really do not get excited about them. Sometimes some of my best working edibles came from herms.

5 Likes

Awesome @Cannavore, thank you for the reply!

Dawgs Waltz is High & Lonesome cross of Purple Urkle x Tres Dawg correct? What traits are you selecting towards to try and stabilize?

5 Likes

Yes it’s originally from H&L! I got these at F4 from a friend. The F5 is already stable, it’s for a fresh generation so I don’t lose the line. It’s highly inbred and losing vigor at this point but also contains terp gold lol. Waltz is personally my favorite purple and I say this as someone who doesn’t like purps.

I have the F5 which I will be making into F6, I’ve got various hybrids I did like GSC, Animal, GMO, Giesel x Dawgs Waltz, and the Poodle Nuts cut wouldn’t be hard for me to grab so ultimately what I’d like to do is a backcross to try and restore some vigor without losing any of the beautiful purple gassy funky grape skittles terps and fun high associated with the Poodle Nuts/Dawgs Waltz.

9 Likes

H&L was just on a podcast talking about how he had to go back to Appalachia F2 because when he tried to work the line any farther than F3, it lost something.

6 Likes

@CocoaCoir Yeah for sure. I think something similar happened to Bodhi with his Goji F3 male as well as his worked Deadly G variant of 88 G13/HP.

Luckily with the Waltz seed generation I have I think vigor is it’s number one flaw. It simply can’t keep up with other strains in a multi strain run and always gets drowned out by the more vigorous and/or stretchy stuff.

There’s two main genotypes. A green type that tends to lean towards Tres Dawg and raunchy afghan smells grows more straight up and down with broader leaves (the less desireable IMO), and the purple types that sport multiple shades of color, grow more urkle bush-y that have that lip smacking loud gassy skunkish juicy grape skittles candy terp profile.

There are also OGKB looking inbred (& mostly sterile) mutations that pop up too. People like to flex these mutants but outside of the OGKB cut and direct traits from that cut, plants that have that ducksfoot cookie look are usually dogshit and discarded in my garden.

The GMO x Dawgs Waltz F1 had a bunch of nice plants that I thought were practically DW on roids due to the GMO vigor injection. Terps were a little different (doughy grape skittles gas) but with a little backcross magic and some time n work it seems like something that can be done.

9 Likes

yeah sometimes it seems the dank funk and the herm are linked lol. for future pirate sweat needs i’ll be working my Garlic Sweat. in my opinion it exceeds Bodhi’s cut, which has many valuable traits but tends to fall flat (at least for me) when it comes to smoking the bud. it was almost always my last jar grabbed. much preferred the hybrids.
radio ridge nursery recently ran some garlic sweat and they confirmed my feelings on it too, that it’s a winner!

7 Likes

Slush Puppy about a week after up potting, into my fully ferted mix.

Pirate Sweat x Dirty Sanchez about a week after up potting.

See ya in a couple!
webe

15 Likes