Carty's Collective

You gotta love those thick stems and tight spaced nodes! They look to be built for massive buds.
:wink:

5 Likes

Thanks, good eye… exactly my thoughts. I’m getting pretty excited about her.

Today she was fed and did some staking and leaf tucking… here she is the day before…

The 2 Sour Stomper by Mephisto are a good week behind her in age.

I’ll get an updated shot of her after LST soon ok

14 Likes

Definitely! I love to watch some well thought out training. I’ve been known to bend a few. lol

5 Likes

Thank you MoBilly… getting more and more excited about this and bringing back a few of my own creations… Gabagoo is just 1 of 3 . Miss Piggy and Mr Magoo are otw back from Canada from 8yrs ago or so… all original stuff… thank you Barefrog…

The next run has been started, and since it’s a photo period run it should be posted here or in it’s own thread, not decided yet…

7 Likes

Hey @Carty, how are you getting around? Working out well for ya?

1 Like

I’ll be growing a few plants in memory of our friend Matt of Goat & Monkey Seeds

I was lucky enough to get something from his private stash, Molokai #5 x White Runtz, and I kept a few testers I passed out for him… Urkle x W. Runtz

After this I just might spend 2022 growing nothing but Matt’s genetics… he was one of the nicest guys I’ve met… and like many I’m upset, mad and Sad, very sad… but, he deserves to be remembered and I’m gonna do just that…

The 30th I dropped 10 seeds into cups of water to begin this RIP grow…

Matt’s Memorial Grow and the Blues… because I’ve got the Blue’s…
1 - Molokai #5 x White Runtz feminized G & M Seeds
1 - Urkle x White Runtz feminized G & M Seeds
Non Feminized
2 - Herijuana x Toxic Blue
2 - Draig’s Blue Ice
2 - Blue Mist double potted
2 - D’Grape Fire double potted

After 24hrs all seeds sank, then went into damp paper towels and into a dark warm spot… Our oven Mit… lol.

hey, it works. 2 days of this and I usually get tails.
upon checking all the seeds, ONLY the Goat & Monkey Seeds germinated…
not a single seed of any other strain so much as showed a tiny tail. so Matt is talking to me eh? hehe.

10 Likes

Same as usual… start them all in 1gal pots using Foxfarm’s Strawberry Fields soil made from mushroom compost… excellent loamy soil.

Fill pots halfway, water in lightly, I use 1cup… then fill to just over 3/4 full and water in with half a cup. this settles your medium with hand packing it which you never want to do. if you plant your seedling and then try to water it all in, the seed might sink or flip upside down… so you want your soil settled…

I use my plant marker to make a 1/4" deep hole, more if the tail is longer…
place the seedling down into the hole and drop some dirt over top of it and give it a little sprinkle, walla, your done for 2 days.
M1

now we wait.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear @Carty…guy was way too young.

1 Like

For sure… and he was just the most generous person… we met and he decided to sponsor me and had for the past 2yrs. I gave almost all he passed to me along to friends, but he knew that and said, when your ready hit me up… in the end I had 5 feminized seeds out of hundreds… Matt had me do a big give away of a few White Runtz crosses he wanted tested, but didn’t want anyone knowing they were from G&M seeds… I mailed out 30 pks of 25 seeds ea…
$4ea, not cheap… but it’s like I say, Karma always finds it’s way back to ya…

My buddy BigSur has made copies of all of Matt’s work and is passing them all along to me. I just might grow Goat & Monkey all year 2022…

6 Likes

That would be a nice tribute to what sounded like a generous soul. Sorry again my friend.

4 Likes

I figured it would be a cool thing to do. And the signs continue to show.

Urkle x White Runtz popped up overnight and by end of day today Molokai #5 was also up. Upon seeing this, I tossed out the Blue Mist and dropped a 2nd
Urkle x WR. This will give me 3 feminized seeds of Matt’s to grow out and only
room for 1 or 2 more out of the other 5. so the race is on to see who’s shows up female and the prettiest… Matt deserves that. hehe

Gabagoo staked and seeded…

14 Likes

Looking sharp. Nice tribute as well. :v:t4:

2 Likes

Really getting frustrated with this grow however. Gabagoo is at day 35 and should be displaying cotton balls at least. The other 2 plants are a week behind the Gabagoo and are already further along. and those are skimpy plants for Mephisto… If I recall now I had issues with their Sour Hound a few years ago. dang it.

I trimmed up the bottom of the Gabagoo in hopes it will help the plant concentrate it’s energies where it is needed, maturing the flowering cycle

7 Likes

Beautiful work my brother!
Don’t forget the DBI are almost 20 years old. We haven’t had success with germinating these old seed. It may take a lot more time. It’s time to get rough with them, unless you’ve already have. haha I do hope that find some are still viable for you!

1 Like

Yeah, I did. they were the last ones to sink to… so. and yes, I need to give them more time so I pulled the 2 and have more for later down the road. The Herijuana x Toxic Blue were also very old . I tested them all with my teeth and boy are these old dry seeds… I see a 10 day germ, patience eh? grrrrr, No… lol.

The more ya think about it the more I like the idea of the plants being mostly from Matt of Goat & Monkey. Seeings how I"m doing a memorial thread in his honor. I put down a 2nd Urkle x White Runtz to make a total of 3 feminized plants by Matt… I already love the leaf structure of the Molokai #5 cross…

I’ll run these about 3wks in the 1gal pots and then up pot them seeing how I won’t need to sex them…

I did have 1 other plant pop up… D’Grape Fire by Oldsog who knew Matt…
a strain I’ve grown already and love…

see ya soon…

5 Likes

I believe you’re doing the right thing! It is indeed a great tribute to your friend Matt! I’m sure he’s looking down proudly on you!

Your killing it with your Gabagoo brother!!

It’s not surprising the DBI were last to sink. Remember Lady Z and I couldn’t get them to germinate. I sometimes wonder if there was too much desiccant durring storage. Plus their age. Had the same issues with Pre- 2000 Blueberry and Afghani #1 crosses all same age.

Grow on my brother!

4 Likes

Well that was quite the adventure to page through…I went whoa over Carty Ogre :flushed: That is quite the specimen of genetics. That deserves a hat tip! You’ve done very well throughout your grows. Just reading your seed collection posts tells me those pine06 are a special opportunity of curation. I would feel honored to do them w Xmas and send the hybrid back :wink:

6 Likes

Thanks… I’ve put that project in good hands… the one we are discussing sharing is a strain had it’s own loyal followers… In the works so stay tuned…
Shoot me a pm… I think that would work… love seeing people work something I was just sitting on… long as you get to them soon ok…

5 Likes

And get this… I added the 2nd Urkle x WR seedling and didn’t even germinate it… dirt, water, walla… so both are up now…
Photos in a few days

5 Likes

D’ Grape Fire and I love this plant… 1st grow was amazing…

Goat & Monkey memorial run

The little one in the rear was just born, but look at how dark green it is compared to the others… she’s gonna be something special…

6 Likes