Carty's Collective

I was thinking the same thing.
I will run a germination test when I crack those jars…

Chers
G

4 Likes

What up ya’ll… Took a small break, caught up on sleep… did some drawing, went for a swim… pool not ready yet. brrrrr…

Carty’s 2cents: When I do a partial pollen chuck or painting, I harvest my seeds off the wet sticky plant and air dry them for a week, then put them away in my collection that I simply store at room temps now… so average of 75f.

Outdoors in nature. Seeds are designed to fall off of plants and drop into the soil for the next season… this occurs at the end of grows as the seasons are changing to winter. Seed falls into the dirt, and even if it gets moisture will not germinate unless above 55f. As the sun arrives in early spring and April showers, ground has thawed, well, May flowers has begun. all done el natural but temp.

Question is: Storing your seeds in the freezer should be a good thing. Which I used to do until my collection hit well over 200 and the box no longer fits… keep em dry and they should last… but same with freezer you’d think. but, what happens on power outages or you take them out to go thru them and have them out long enough to thaw, then refreeze… repeat how many times during it’s life… this may affect your seeds quality. so pick one… LOL.

Frozen seeds need to stay frozen until your ready to germinate them IMHO.

Good thing we all have so many to make up for any losses… hehehe

10 Likes

Right, bro! That’s why I believe I have had more luck just keeping some in a dark cool dry environment as opposed to the inconsistencies in temps with freezing and thawing. Not so much with just quick grabbing a strain as they stayed organized now and the only ones We’ve used where immediately used, after the warmed up to.room temp and the others never left the freezer. but loss of power, on and off I’m sure had a major roll in viability. I’m more inclined to believe the refrigerator might be the better option.

1 Like

Let’s take a peek into the closet eh?

Putting on weight and leaning a bit with a little way to go ECSD x TK

Her today

Bubblegum Auto

Gorilla Glue Auto

W White in preflower

24 Likes

Babies are doing great at a week old

I culled the strain by Ethos as it just wasn’t up to par… these look great, loving my LBL f2 strain looks… Trashberry is catching up fast despite being days behind replacing a strain that I thought was a no show… but after using it’s soil to top off the others… 3 seedlings have popped up… lol.

17 Likes

Babies coming along just fine n healthy…

I went ahead and up potted the Trashberry because it’s feminized… the others will begin to showing sex as I flip the lights to 12/12 and start a new batch of seeds and like last rotation, no veg but begin them on 12/12… Usually this works best with Indica dom strains…

15 Likes

Strains I’m considering for next run…
Carty’s Sponsor
Glazed Bananas fem by Oldsogcoc
Gruntz by fem Oldsog
Super Silver Papaya Haze and Super Silver Cookies Haze Oldsog

Gifts/Trades
Bruce Banner x Narkush
GG bx3 x UBC by Cryptic Labs
BOG’s Sour Stomper F3
Ghost OG x Blue God
Grendal x Alien -06
Pre98 Bubba x Blue Powder

Autos
N. Cheese Haze fem
Strawberry Milk & Cookies fem
Dosi Jedi Camel Toe Fem
Ghost Rose x MI5 fem
Dark Illusion fem
Purple Lot Lizard fem

I’ll have room to begin the usual 8 plants in 1gal pots…gotta grab some soil and a few things… move some stuff aboot… walla.

Until then, curious as to see what you people want to see grown…

11 Likes

Ghost OG X Blue God sounds interesting…but then again what doesn’t? :laughing:

7 Likes

Carty is my new best friend! For serious :muscle:t2:

raw

16 Likes

Sugar Tits :rofl: Such a great strain name :icecream::coconut::coconut:

4 Likes

This makes my spidey senses tingle.
There’s bound to be some stupefying and unique smoke in there.

3 Likes

I knew @Carty is good with plants, but i never knew he can write this good 🥹
That handwriting looks amazing brother :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Fucking a right it is. Keep your eyes peeled for a VERY exclusive strain coming from that.

3 Likes

Everything looking supet and frosty! The babies are looking great too, bro! I’m watching closely at the Cap Junky f2, MAC and your LBL F2 lemon Tree Pheno from Loran, also the straight UBC Chemo. So many strains…Thank you, for sharing with an old friend Bro! There will be another care package out soon. Just waiting on something, I think you’ll like.

I wish you luck with the GG4 Bx3 x Chemo! We haven’t grown her yet, but I thought she sounded worth the coin.

Keep up the great work my brother and partner!

4 Likes

HeadyBear… that strain was from my partner Draig… we share about everything now and I wanted to use that to make some stuff… iX3u and I are going to attempt a few projects together…

I’ve known Draig and his wife for, dang, forever… she taught me to grow, put it that way. The 2 of them are awesome growers, old school… Currently doing a project together that is close to all of us… Celtic Stone (Keltik is how u say it)
Hopefully to bring the OG community something special by our friend Deadvet.

Sugar Tits… oh I see many different ways to go with this one… names, oh the names… hehe. this is getting to be fun again… Thanks ya’ll

9 Likes

I’ve been watching that one develop since it was just a co-op vote!
Such a cool piece of cannabis history being preserved.
I’m gonna vibe with that strain because my people are Celtic (more recently welsh-irish)

3 Likes

Let’s talk plants eh…

*Johnny Potseed, bro your ePe Le Blue is incredible. best growth overall…

GMO. your UBC Chemo x M39 looks amazing brother… I can see crossing her to the Original UBC Chemo Barefrog just sent me…

Here you can see a few of the doubles, 1 has been culled leaving the keeper of choice of the 2…

My LBL f2 “Lemon Tree” Seeds direct from Loran… The plant is looking great with them jagged leaf’s… the smaller one was culled …

Cap Junky I plucked seeds out of this bud…
100_0066 (2)

plants are doing awesome

Miracle Cookies

13 Likes

It’s official… Carty is now an official OG’r

18 Likes

Found you @Carty, I only had 59 posts to catch up. Things are def looking good in your grow!

4 Likes

Hey Dude… your PePe Le Blue plants are amazing and already developing branching… gonna flip soon so I can sex them… any info would be appreciated

4 Likes