CBG effects on schizophrenia, paranoia, anxiety and mood

BORING BACKGROUND
I had a little too much of the plants from the landrace site last night. they were a lemony smell and skunky effect
I started to lose touch with reality, voices were whispering to me…
This is quite a regular occurrence with high THC strains for me.

The other day I had been online to order a kilo of hemp as I had done about a year ago (~£50/Kg = 2.2lbs) to make some more CBD oil.
I was disappointed to find the greed has permeated the market now and all that was available was grams for £7 and up.

I then saw CBG source a high CBG, low CBD, low THC strain.

I have been thinking about getting some seeds growing and trying some high CBG strains, so this seemed to cut out some middlemen.
I reluctantly ordered knowing it would be a one-off, 1g of High CBG hemp arrived today at a cost of £13.

SMOKE REPORT
I have just smoked some so here is my report of findings:

Smell - Distinctive but in-explainable, have had hemp phenos with this smell before, hints of fruit / orange peel, old floorboards maybe oak (not pine) if I had to describe.

Taste - Hempy and very creamy flavour. Cream

Smoke - Smooth, thick and pungent

Effects -
2 minutes
Im feeling quite relaxed, when I went to write this post I was feeling a little edgy about coming online but that passed with 2 minutes of smoking half the little “1 skin”

5 minutes
I was lying on my bed typing this very relaxed
its like the tail end of a high as it fades you get that dazed feeling, a feeling I only remember having the next day after a large smoking session from quite a few years ago.

10 minutes
My hands are tingling and shaking, my back will not come unstuck from the bed, deep relaxation, getting harder to type, sleepy.
door bangs* external noises not creating adrenaline rush/fight or flight response anymore
feel very groggy now

15 minutes
sleepiness passes, head clearing, feet tingling
analgesic feeling all over body a bit like codeine feeling
heart beginning to pound a bit

20 minutes
All active effects seem to have ended, relaxation and cold, numb body remain
VERY COLD vaso-constriction?
still awake, CBD had me asleep this far into my first go…

40 minutes
A new wave of “high” just hit me, my spine just relaxed and cracked back into position. sleepy again, warming up, now cold again, flushing hot and cold. Back has still not left bed, cant move body, arms heavy, still very clear headed
Very much a body stone.

60 minutes
Finally rolled onto my side tht was hard work, pulled cover over me but didnt sleep
mood is very level, feel “in the now”
I think the CBD was stopping my anxiety as its been creeping back for a while.

90 minutes
Ive been thnking about the chinese in the fridge foe half an hour getting some :slight_smile:

5 hours later
the laziness wore off, the calm mood remains

CONCLUSION
Schizophrenia - feel grounded not persecuted, no delusions of grandeur
Paranoia - Nobody is going to kill me
Anxiety - Do feel some impending doom and heart palpitations, no adrenaline. the small amount of CBD/THC was masking this I think.
Mood - Very stable, hard to be up or down when your this relaxed. This is the winner for me
Body - All my cuts/scrapes feel numb. no back pain

I will try this with CBD, then THC, then all three together and see what happens
reports to follow

9 Likes

sometimes those pure sativa will shred your mind with a speedy, narcotic sometimes even hallucinogenic feel…

vaso-construction was the reason for your cold feelings yes… that’s the beauty of the different breakdowns like cbg, cbd, and thc… they all have wide ranges of what they can do and help with

very detailed smoke report, by the way, it was a good read.

2 Likes

Yes I figured spending so much on a gram I’d at least try and make it worthwhile
not so much info on CBG still, it is definitely different to CBD
Im not sure its what I need I think CBD is better but ill try them together when I get some CBD oil again

1 Like

also if you need hemp seeds I can still get them…i wasn’t kidding when I said they grew wild in fields around here lol

1 Like

they are easy to get here, just trying to find the right combo of cannabinoids here is hard due to legalities
Thanks for the offer though

1 Like

I have a cultivar with 20% THC and 1.5% CBG. I can attest to the mind clearing ability of CBG. :+1::seedling:

3 Likes

Slept really well for 2 nights in a row
but feel groggy in the mornings

Ive smoked some more of this.
For me personally, this is like smoking an indica used to be before all my mental health issues, so this is great
Obviously something in my brain got rewired and THC isnt hitting the spot like it used to.

Weed makes less sense to smoke if this becomes easily/cheaply available
this feels like medicine to me
I tried it with High THC strain and it did level me out but this CBG hemp alone is far superior
Honestly wasnt expecting it to be so effective

I still need to try this with CBD maybe ill become a hemp smoking hipster douche

3 Likes

Interesting. First time I have heard of CBG.

Hopefully, some seeds become available at some point so people are not getting ripped off for medicine.

3 Likes