Type 3 chemovar first-time experience

Hello everyone! I’m fairly new to these forums, but you may have seen me around here and other places.

I’ve been consuming for 25 years, and growing for 21. I smoked cannabis regularly that whole time, until about 5 years ago. At this time, THC-dominant cultivars that I both purchased and grew myself (organic living soil), have gradually taken a huge toll on me. Shortly after I first started using cannabis in the late 90’s, I sometimes got bad effects, no matter the strain or source. Such bad effects were mostly seizures, where my head felt like it was being electrocuted, and sometimes resulting in severe panic attacks and/or black-outs. These bad symptoms only occurred once every 6 months or so, until about 5 years ago, when they multiplied to the point where it happened nearly every time. There was never any definitive pattern, as sometimes the same strain/bag would be fine, and other times not. There was no pattern in cannibinoid levels with the type 1 chemovars sold in local dispensaries, or from seeds I’ve grown myself…some very low 5-10% THC (lab tested) resulted in these problems, and also, some very high 30%+ THC worked fine.

Out of frustration, and a few scary hospital visits, I stopped smoking late last year, and continued to grow because it’s my passion. I continued to grow THC-dominant cultivars for my father with PTSD, which helps him, but I haven’t used any myself.

Back in April, a good friend of mine sent me a few different CBD-dominant cultivar seeds from reputable sources, and I have been growing a couple of them, but my latest is only about half-way through flowering.

I live in the US, in a state where it is legal, but there is no market for type 3 chemovars anymore – all of the dispensaries selling them switching to type 1 when we went legal a couple years ago, due to the law changing to make hemp or legal levels of THC flower illegal to market for consuming. Therefor, I had no way to purchase any locally, and to be quite honest, I was a bit scared anyway, after the progressively worse symptoms I had recently that gave me quite a scare.

I was sort of hoping these very high (22-37:1) CBD:THC ratios of the seeds that were sent to me, produced effects that would calm me and help with my condition. That is, these seizures also now occur randomly, about once per week, even when not smoking. Doctors think I might have some type of epilepsy, but more tests are needed.

Last week I decided to purchase both CBD and CBG-rich flower from a reputable online business. I was very hesitant to try them, as the samples in the mystery starter box were labeled as maximally uplifting, with a graphical scale from relaxing to uplifting on each sample pouch. I tried one of them when I received them today despite this fact. Then I tried the other two samples that were sent.

Let me just say that I have felt a lot more relaxed and focused today than I have been since I quit consuming. I’ll add to that, that I had no bad effects whatsoever, only positive. Finally, I can say that I do get fairly “high” off of them, despite being extremely low THC (and carboxylize-able THCa combined). It turns out, I must have an extreme THC sensitivity. I like how I’m feeling right now, and I love these terpenes. What a treat!

15 Likes

I’m sorry that you have to deal with that! That is amazing to hear that you potentially have found some relief from this condition my friend. Depending on your supply of the seeds, I know that Hoku Seeds is pretty reputable and has a handful of good reviews on the OG topic too - https://overgrow.com/t/hoku-seed-company-genetics-anyone-got-them/135414?u=organical

I truely wish you good luck in figuring this thing out :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much my friend. Truly appreciate it. I’m excited about the prevalence of type 3 starting to pick up. More time is needed, but I think this actually helps my condition. Medical cannabis for the win!

3 Likes

Veering towards cbd:thc strains myself :slightly_smiling_face: takes the edge of and better for sleeping.
Hope you continue to feel better and find the right medicine :v:&:green_heart:

4 Likes

PM your “personals”, I’ll send a sample of BOTH Hoku AND hempseedsusa.com offerings. Give me TWO/2 weeks to complete previous obligations. Wishing you success in your quest, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I sent an email to Cannaflower, where I bought the flower from. Yes, I know that they are expensive compared to the competition, but I wanted to support a local business and they have pretty high standards, grown organically in living soil, like me :slight_smile:

Anyway, I told them that their mystery box only included 3 energizing strains, when I was looking for more of a night-time relaxing smoke. Their customer service is pretty excellent, after talking with them for a bit about their products. In the end, they offered to send me 3 new ones at no cost. I’m puffing on some OG Kush type 3 hemp at the moment, and it’s nice for sure:

CBDa: 16.30%
CBD: 0.50%
CBGa: 0.62%
CBG: 0.06%
CBC: 0.05%
THCa: 0.58%
THC: 0.08%

3 Likes