Chat room 2017-2019

You need to edit the first post in the threads using the method described above (it’s a “wiki” so you can edit it and add your name to the list). If, despite trying, you still have troubles I’ll add you.

then

It is much much easier if you use a computer and a mouse. Just highlight the portion to quote. Using your fingers on a touchscreen (e.g. a phone) is a challenge and takes practice.

4 Likes

That would be awesome if you could put my name on that list! I’m going to try and quote yr text first and see if i can manage that. If I can do that , then I will try to get my name on that list. Who does safe address go to? I figured computers are probably easier, but I only have my phone for now. I’m going to give it a go now.

2 Likes

I’ve added you to those two lists in the meantime.

If you are asking what this means, it means a postal address that you would have no problems receiving seeds at and that you’ll be sharing the info with the folk shipping the items.

Depending on where you live, the generous folk that handle the logistics are:

Africa: MikeM
Aus: Johnnybsmokin
Canada: Shadey
Latin America: MadScientist
UK/EU: Gaz29
US: MomOnTheRun

4 Likes

Thankyou so much for doing that. I fell asleep shortly after our exchange last night. I tried quoting again. I’m only able to highlight one word. When I hold my finger down at the start of a sentence, that word lights up and the word quote appears. So I tapped the word quote and only quoted the previously highlighted word. What am I doing wrong? I honestly never imagined I would regret not learning computers. If someone had sat me down and explained that someday I would use computer skills for overgrow it would have made all the difference! Lol! Thanks again. You made my day.

3 Likes

So I get in touch with mom on the run in US, regarding safe address correct? Just watched a WIKI tutorial on you tube. Some comments were over a decade old. I think I am behind the times a little… thanks for taking pity on me😬

1 Like

And who do i see about distribution fee? Or do i wait and see if there are enough seeds first?

1 Like

Yes. She’ll be able to answer questions about the current distribution fees (postage, packaging, etc), as well.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I’ve had no problem germinating seeds that were simply indented because of their size or the growth of seeds around them. I recently made some f2’s and a few seeds came out as 3 lobed and symmetrical, they look dark and well formed so I think they will be ok.
I never have any germination problems with twins of any kind or conjoined seeds.

I have had no luck with seeds that look like they opened and then healed. I’ve only seen it a few times, but there’s a great photo example of this in the speecees seeds thread where a few people got seeds that had popped and then closed back up.

I have definitely seen seeds sprout out of the buds while their mother plant was still growing.

4 Likes

I’ve actually seen that also with outdoor plants that were left longer then normal growing right out of the nug.

5 Likes

You gonna try cracking those old beans? Curious to see if you could get them to germ. Kept in the fridge or freezer all these years?

2 Likes

I remember when I 1st started growing indoors in a tent with HPS lights, the plants got Big and would never finish up . I sat there for a few weeks thinking they are never going to get ripe (amber) low and behold the one plant seeded (same strain) out of trying to survive, I found out when I saw about 6 baby seedlings under the plants.
Whoops…

5 Likes

They have been stored correctly, I’ll get to them at some point maybe next spring.

2 Likes

I’ve seen seeds w/ridges like that on quite a few Mexican/Central/South American landrace strains… the majority were pure sativa or extremely sativa dom strains.

What fun I would have with a handful of unknown seeds from the late 80’s/early 90’s. The treasures that may be found in those beans… the dominant genetics that may be found and what they are… and what they contribute to the plant and how.
I would be wearing a permagrin for quite some time!

4 Likes

I’ll prob try and grow some sooner then later if I can figure out where to fit them in the current seed popping plans.
When I do I still have a few seeds I dug out of Humboldt weed in the late ninties I’ll try and grow with them ,that way they can be crossed back to there elders.

2 Likes

I have a variety of older genetics I need to dig into, I also have some I call desert Storm that were brought back with a old army friend. They are a lowland afghan and highland Afghan bred together that was being grown locally in the area. I’ve grown a few out and there rather earthy resin tasting type plants with rock hard nugs.

3 Likes

What’s that called when seed Sprout from a bud while still on the plant? Viviary or something close to that. I saw a good picture of that somewhere recently. Perhaps on the real Seed Company site? It’s not quite the same but years ago while looking for a spot to grow in the spring, I came across somebody else’s spot from the previous year. They had obviously left some males when they grew the crop , and only took the colas from their plants. Every bud was thoroughly seeded. Numerous Sprouts were coming out of the buds that were still on the plant, and the ground was littered with them. It appears that many of the Sprouts on the ground that survived were born this way, as many of the roots hadn’t penetrated the ground yet . It could actually be a good survival strategy for humid areas. It keeps the seeds off the ground away from rodents( tho birds may have a field day), and the old soaked buds looked more like sphagnum moss than buds. Very similar to the Chinese style of creating cuttings while branches are still attached, by using a bit of damp moss encased in clay, wrapped around the section of Branch they want to root. The Cutting is prepared very similar to a traditional cutting, except that of course it isn’t detached from the plant until roots have grown. Pretty cool.

4 Likes

Yep good video on cloning on tree (air layering)

3 Likes

I can’t begin to thank you enough for putting my name on that list. I’ve been having a really rough go of things lately, and seeing my name on that list really cheers me up. I haven’t even had time to practice quoting, but I Googled the word Wiki, and I think I understand now that I just needed to edit the opening post of the preservation run thread to get on the list. Probably a good thing I didn’t attempt that though. Who knows what I would have done lol!! Thanks again.

6 Likes

not sure where I should let everyone know this, but thelandraceteam is releasing Kalamata Red June First!!! They probably take pre-orders ,flowering time 11 to 14 weeks!!! I haven’t read the description yet, but I’ve been wanting that one! So psyched! Super rare and damn near extinct!

5 Likes