Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 2)

It absolutely does, and I wasn’t offended; I’m still not complaining. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m just working with the system you guys set up. The reason I asked my first day is because collecting IBL/landrace seeds is the main reason I signed up here, though I certainly never intended to sign up and then take off without engaging… it’s because I’ve already collected a fair amount of them and was already intending to do preservation runs eventually, and the idea of spreading landrace genetics around appeals to me. Then the first day I signed up, I found that I was just a little late for your preservation run of a heirloom landrace, so I figured I’d look into it. If you’re willing to now, I guess I’m asking again; if not, I’ll be fine without and will still come back tomorrow and next year. :slight_smile:

However, whatever seeds I might or might not be getting, I still think people like @MoBilly should be allowed access to whatever damn threads they want, even if he hasn’t read 25% of the messages on the forum. :stuck_out_tongue: And a system that doesn’t allow for that could use work, that’s all I’m saying. I also said above that I don’t think it can be changed anyway, it’s probably hard-coded and out of all our hands, so c’est la vie.

3 Likes

Wow Doug Dawson, now I learned what sock accounts are! I am glad things got better, I fully get it. I do have a question, how is the reading of 25% if messages posted in the last 100 days measured? What does messages mean? Just wondering if for example I am studying autos and go back in time and read a lot of posts from one member does that slow down my progress towards the 25%?

2 Likes

Always happy to have @MoBilly around. Feel free to hang out in either or both my BOG run threads :wink:

2 Likes

I’m a simple man I give what I dont need and almost never take anything without giving.
When I first joined I sent a handful of seeds to :canada: even extras cuz i dont grow autos. They never gave me a good review but idc.

check this thread out. @keene
Explaining user trust levels and permissions

3 Likes

If there are concerns with the TL system, read and please make your comment or suggestions, here:

If you have thoughts on site features or other suggestions:

There are also a number of other FAQs within the community subtopics:

More general information, which we suggest that everyone take a moment to read, including information on how this site is managed can be found under:

https://overgrow.com/faq
https://overgrow.com/about
https://overgrow.com/tos
https://overgrow.com/privacy

8 Likes

Sorry bud, I am not sure. Loki posted some FAQs below and I would imagine the info is in one of those.

Sure bud, fire me a PM.

3 Likes

It’s technically “posts” in the last 100 days - each time someone starts a new thread, or responds to an old thread, that’s considered a post. If you’re reading posts from last year, even though you’re learning, they’re not counting towards that 25% since they’re not from the last 100 days. It doesn’t actually slow down your progress though, it just doesn’t advance it… of course, it’s not particularly necessary to get TL3 to participate in everything except the Private Lounge area, seed run co-ops are still open to TL2. I’m probably just being nitpicky to even point it out so much, since as people have said a lot you’ll hardly even notice the difference between TL2 and 3 in practical terms - since it’s so private, it’s not used all that much by people who want to just chat, apparently. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry just seeing what was up with the 113 new post in the free seed thread, but I see now and will not be participating.

1 Like

Not to be a ‘dragdown’ or anything like that cuz. but i didn’t know or care about what or how many posts I read or not lol i just read what interested me. … and ‘voila’ i was there before I knew it had happened. Then I was like, wait, what? How the hell…

I didn’t even KNOW the rules regarding such stuff
It was almost a year before I did any trading or giving away or asking for

edit… and when I actually DID start doing anything, the first thing I did was hand out a lot of beans to folks lol

6 Likes

I do believe I probably rivaled @DougDawson aka OGSANTA! lol If not more than. I ain’t talking a pack here or there, but 3-5 packs+ at a time just giving to the community because I saw the want/need. Every time I did a multi-pack giveaway lol it always seemed to run over the nmber of packs I offered. But it wasn’t a big deal since I always, already had plenty to share. The beans weren’t what I came to OG for cuz

9 Likes

I should have been anyway bro. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are definitely what we all should be, in a perfect world. :slight_smile: And, had the seeds I was storing been useful in any way, I would’ve started up by passing those out. Sadly, I chose to throw away all my Blueberry F7s because they probably were originally from DJ Short’s Blueberry F5s (and as I said in another post, even broke crackheads refused to smoke that bud more than once - literally) and those were the only ones I had - prohibition is no fun, and I didn’t know Overgrow existed. I spent more than I probably should’ve on genetics before coming here, but I don’t have enough of any one strain to be handing them out. Eventually I will be doing preservation or other seed runs of my own, but yeah - for right now I’m still killing half the seedlings I pop. I still have big plans and want to collect landraces to eventually breed, though!

That’s all it takes cuz… the want to. That’ll come for you soon enough! Share the love and sow the seeds!

3 Likes

In the meantime, I will help you on your journey cuz, DM you addy info and I’ll shoot you off some beans

3 Likes

Just grew jelly rancher/hella jelly this summer, it was a really practical plant imo, quick flowering, really tight internodal distance; I would try to spread it out a bit if you can manage, but aside from that I’m sure you’ll love it. I washed some for bubble hash and the family loves it; they say it’s a very energetic smoke.

And dont forget about BigMike55’s two threads.

3 Likes

I came here because Mark fron Strainly asked me to show my grow using his Blue Cookies beans. Dont know why he said OG since he evidently is not a member here. Anyways. I came here started a thread like I told him I would. Couple weeks later, just out of the blue, @corey sent me a DM asking me if I would like a pack of his Purple Headband. (I promise to run them soon, haha). And I just stayed. Man. That seems a few minutes ago.

8 Likes

And that was how long ago!? Damn legit OGer!! you are @BigMike55 !! :clap: :clap: :clap: :pray: :hugs:

I’m there every day @BigMike55 :slight_smile: :v: I can’t stalk you any more than that. LOL.
Until recently I had way too many irons in the fire to get them all hot.

1 Like