Chat room (let's chat!) 💬 (Part 2)

Sorry bud, I am not sure. Loki posted some FAQs below and I would imagine the info is in one of those.

Sure bud, fire me a PM.

3 Likes

It’s technically “posts” in the last 100 days - each time someone starts a new thread, or responds to an old thread, that’s considered a post. If you’re reading posts from last year, even though you’re learning, they’re not counting towards that 25% since they’re not from the last 100 days. It doesn’t actually slow down your progress though, it just doesn’t advance it… of course, it’s not particularly necessary to get TL3 to participate in everything except the Private Lounge area, seed run co-ops are still open to TL2. I’m probably just being nitpicky to even point it out so much, since as people have said a lot you’ll hardly even notice the difference between TL2 and 3 in practical terms - since it’s so private, it’s not used all that much by people who want to just chat, apparently. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry just seeing what was up with the 113 new post in the free seed thread, but I see now and will not be participating.

1 Like

Not to be a ‘dragdown’ or anything like that cuz. but i didn’t know or care about what or how many posts I read or not lol i just read what interested me. … and ‘voila’ i was there before I knew it had happened. Then I was like, wait, what? How the hell…

I didn’t even KNOW the rules regarding such stuff
It was almost a year before I did any trading or giving away or asking for

edit… and when I actually DID start doing anything, the first thing I did was hand out a lot of beans to folks lol

6 Likes

I do believe I probably rivaled @DougDawson aka OGSANTA! lol If not more than. I ain’t talking a pack here or there, but 3-5 packs+ at a time just giving to the community because I saw the want/need. Every time I did a multi-pack giveaway lol it always seemed to run over the nmber of packs I offered. But it wasn’t a big deal since I always, already had plenty to share. The beans weren’t what I came to OG for cuz

9 Likes

I should have been anyway bro. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You are definitely what we all should be, in a perfect world. :slight_smile: And, had the seeds I was storing been useful in any way, I would’ve started up by passing those out. Sadly, I chose to throw away all my Blueberry F7s because they probably were originally from DJ Short’s Blueberry F5s (and as I said in another post, even broke crackheads refused to smoke that bud more than once - literally) and those were the only ones I had - prohibition is no fun, and I didn’t know Overgrow existed. I spent more than I probably should’ve on genetics before coming here, but I don’t have enough of any one strain to be handing them out. Eventually I will be doing preservation or other seed runs of my own, but yeah - for right now I’m still killing half the seedlings I pop. I still have big plans and want to collect landraces to eventually breed, though!

That’s all it takes cuz… the want to. That’ll come for you soon enough! Share the love and sow the seeds!

3 Likes

In the meantime, I will help you on your journey cuz, DM you addy info and I’ll shoot you off some beans

3 Likes

Just grew jelly rancher/hella jelly this summer, it was a really practical plant imo, quick flowering, really tight internodal distance; I would try to spread it out a bit if you can manage, but aside from that I’m sure you’ll love it. I washed some for bubble hash and the family loves it; they say it’s a very energetic smoke.

And dont forget about BigMike55’s two threads.

3 Likes

I came here because Mark fron Strainly asked me to show my grow using his Blue Cookies beans. Dont know why he said OG since he evidently is not a member here. Anyways. I came here started a thread like I told him I would. Couple weeks later, just out of the blue, @corey sent me a DM asking me if I would like a pack of his Purple Headband. (I promise to run them soon, haha). And I just stayed. Man. That seems a few minutes ago.

8 Likes

And that was how long ago!? Damn legit OGer!! you are @BigMike55 !! :clap: :clap: :clap: :pray: :hugs:

I’m there every day @BigMike55 :slight_smile: :v: I can’t stalk you any more than that. LOL.
Until recently I had way too many irons in the fire to get them all hot.

1 Like

glassmancometh on twitch can make that made a few octo’s he’s on insta also
dbags

11 Likes

I joined OG in late 2020. So almost a year you guys and gals have been putting up with my crap!

5 Likes

Yes i feel the same way, I am not counting. I read what is interesting and now connect with OG members and its fun. When I have been here long enough and participated enough the system will move me along. When I have my first successful seed run I will be happy to share. I have found the OG community to be a great resource and members supportive, helpful and generous.

1 Like

Hello,
the changes we have made in June are well documented here: Introducing Regular Emeritus - #39 by LemonadeJoe

There was big discussion at the time that led to this decision. You can read a lot of reasoning there related to privileges, trust levels and seed-runs…

Seed Runs Co-Op Logistics/Cost/OT Discussion Megathread
Introducing Regular Emeritus

and if you go even deeper in the history, there was:

Limiting access to seed-runs, auctions & fundraisers

There will always be two conflicting sides and interests. We are looking for fine balance, which is the unachievable ideal. It is impossible to satisfy everyone.

BTW. The solution is probably very easy. I’ve sent @MoBilly his stats, so now he knows exactly where he stands and how to reach trust level of Regular soon.

12 Likes

I was talking zero turn mowers, not loaders. That did just clear it all up for me though :laughing:

I mean most times you’d be right :wink:

I just spent my day, once again, fighting my driver’s door lock. As of now she is working…

1 Like

I understand all the reasoning behind limiting seed run co-op threads and posting in that forum; what really bothered me about the level situation here is not only that @MoBilly in particular is enough of a regular to be there already, but that in this case he and I are both locked out of the Private Lounge where @JohnnyPotseed had his thread moved to protect from Google bots. It seems like limiting the Private Lounge thread to members or higher would serve just as well, to me… there’s no seed runs going on there, are there?

I totally get wanting to prevent people from abusing the seed runs, and I’m not trying to argue about it. It’s in order to keep community runs in the community rather than being taken advantage of. Not that it’s relevant, but I support that it even if it mildly inconvenienced me. :stuck_out_tongue: I’d rather be able to sign up for the seed runs myself without having bots taking every open spot 5 minutes after it’s posted, and once it’s hit Google’s databases.