Chat room (let's chat!) šŸ’¬ (Part 3)

Take a look at @GrouchyOldMan 's auto topoff setup for the micro octos. i REALLY like the execution (kinda like a multi-bucket RDWC / DWC thing). Float valve sits in its own ā€œtubā€, all tubs are same level, water always finds its own level. No roots in the float valve tub to create accidents. Iā€™m even looking at that design and thinking add nutes to the float valve res for all, and with a small enough pump you could have a slow drip top feed.

Some plants are super thirsty. I have a frankenstein cutting, well now its a bush, here, and she easily drinks a gallon a day (full reservoir), so its either refill daily (currently), or modify to the auto topoff and mainly deal with nutes.

3 Likes

I do have the automatic watering setup I bought and havenā€™t used yet and thought about if I could rig it up to the pots somehow.

I wanna know how you get those perfectly shaped, baby blue buds.

1 Like

Check this link out:

Step by step how to do it. I know ā€œauto topoffsā€ make people nervous, and for good reason, failures = floods. But his method with the float in its own pot, and all octos on the same level as the ā€œfloat potā€, he eliminates a lot of the failure points (roots cause all kinds of problems.). I really see this method as a viable, and rather safe topoff setupā€¦ And if your plants require the same nutes, even makes that easier!

4 Likes

Ya gotta be careful with those. I heard if you light em up they really ARE fire! And donā€™t pack em in a bong! :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah. With an explosive head rush.

1 Like

Iā€™ve read through that before and planned to brush up on it again before running them. Definitely some good info in there. Iā€™m both looking forward to using those pots and at the same time feel like Iā€™m a beginner grower to some extent. Feeding through the reservoir is a little different than rarely feeding at all :laughing:

Just make it a scheduled thing. Tues / Sat are my fert days. I use the FF trio when top watering soil, but thereā€™s solids in that that I wouldnā€™t feel disperse thru the system easy enough. Advanced Nutrients has a bloom / micro / grow trio that I have used with success in the solo micro octos, and I think will lend itself well to the distributed water versionā€¦ I literally just mix up 1g water, 14ml of bloom, 14 of grow and 14 of micro. When I set this up as a connected system the res will be a bit larger and I will put a small air pump in there for circulation and just adjust for the gallons there. Then just add straight to that res the adjusted amounts.

2 Likes

That was a cutting from the ā€œBic Plantā€! (runs before slapped for initiating Dad-joke supremacy)

:rofl:

:confused: am I the only one that has ā€œwater onlyā€ days versus feed days?

I feed daily and then water only when I run out of a nute batch. Often what happens is I end up with 1/2-1/4 of what I need to water that day in my nute bucket so I top-it off with water making a diluted solution which then acts as a salt-flush when then used (as flushing works best with a very mild nutrient solution versus just plain water)

So far so good and I havenā€™t gotten a lock out yet :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

No. For me those days are Wed, Thu, Fri, Sun and Mon :rofl:

1 Like

:fist_right: :fist_left:

Took the boat out for a few hours. Nice and calm.

No fish, but the boat ran great.

19 Likes

Hey all, round 2 is active.

8 Likes

F-King EPIC man I love it. Watching :eyes:

4 Likes

some really interesting stuff. Im waiting to make my move :slight_smile:

1 Like

My wife asked if I would hate her for going to sleep early. I told her she didnā€™t need to go to bed early for that.

Sleeping on the couch tonight.

16 Likes

Well I find your sense of humor delightful but I wonā€™t sleep with you eitheršŸ˜

5 Likes

Love it :point_up::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

tough-crowd-comedian

Haha I totally read this in Rodneyā€™s voice.

7 Likes
5 Likes