Micro Octopot Grow

Glad I could help!

3 Likes

We may want to make a group by ? Lol

4 Likes

did someone say group buy?

5 Likes

I feel like I’ve crossed a line and am reinventing the wheel here but just looking at them is making me want to use them.

3 Likes

Bro once you see the difference in you grow ( size , health , yield ext. ) you’ll be hooked

The big ones will allow you the ability to leave them alone for a few days with out worrying

I’m going to try the little ones for the small tent just for fun

I think they will be great for moms

3 Likes

Octo Auto Fill System

Hola Amigos,
I received my Octopuppy 2-pack from the Amazonians and decided to convert one of the new pots to an auto fill system.

I have this ridiculous Acapulco Gold SativaGirl who towers over everyone else in the room at six feet plus. She is drinking her 1-gallon rez dry nearly every day lately so hooking her up to auto fill will test the concept and make my life simpler.

Here’s an annotated “How To” picture show.

Here’s what comes in the box. I haven’t found any need for the brown “Support Legs” or the white wicks that come with the pots.

Closeup of a 1/4 tubing" Bulkhead fitting that is used to breach the wall of a container. The little blue clips are removed before you push the tube into the fitting. You push the clip back in place to lock the tubing in place. The two red washers are standard garden hose types. One goes inside the Rez and the other goes outside. The plastic nut at the bottom is on the inside and tightening it squeezes the two washers to prevent leaks.

Drilling the hole for the Bulkhead is really the only tricky part. The spade bit is 5/8" and I’ve clamped a backing block of plywood to prevent cracking the plastic. Slow and steady wins the day. After the hole is complete I’ll de-burr the rough edges of the hole with a bit of sand paper or a file.

Assembly is simple, just plug the tubing into the fittings, turn the two valves on and add a few gallons to the large reservoir. To add more octopots to the system you just extend the main line from the Controller and add a “Tee” connector for each pot from the main line to the bulkhead fitting.

The float valve sets the water level in the white “Controller” bin and that same water level flows into our Octo rez. You can see the water in the Octo and in the net cup. Full up!

That’s all folks! :v: :green_heart:

15 Likes

Impressive thread brother…

2 Likes

ezgif.com-gif-maker

4 Likes

Fucken A. Well done!

:dove:

3 Likes

So glad I found this thread. Just made this account to comment. I’m making my own based o. This design. My only question is, what works best? Hydroton in the net pot or just the grow medium?

I’ve had good luck with the hydroton pellets in the netpot.
Someone did try it with medium only in the net, and I think they reported too much moisture getting pulled into the root zone

4 Likes

So, this afternoon I knocked over my one little clone from the amazing Undertow mom.
Snapped the stem 90% through, and way down near bottom. Aaaagghhh!

I duct taped it, but it’ll be a miracle if she makes it.

So, I clipped the tiny top of the plant and stuck it in a clone dome.
:grimacing::crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Nice save on the clone cut

2 Likes

Of course I had to modify what you’re doing, and now I’m wondering if I’ll regret it lol. I found a nice two gallon container to use, and I went with two gallon pots and four inch net pots. I’m a little concerned my larger pot will have a harder time wicking up the moisture. I guess time will tell. Thanks again for this thread!

Cool to see Octo’s being run here. Agree with Papa, Jacks works better than TTF. Very nicely done in the mini octopot!

1 Like

Reading your threads is what got me interested in Octopots. Enjoyed those threads. :smiley: :+1:

5 Likes

They work well.

Letting them dry a day or so before the refill helps, as does a 5- 7 day dry spell in week 4-6 of flower.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tips. :smiley:

2 Likes

I have a mango smile running in a 2 gallon pot on the octopup right now. It’s the first time I went with a bigger size pot.
I though it would make the plant grow much larger. But the truth is… it’s the same. The plant is almost identical size as the last MS I grew in the 1/2 gallon pot.

Plus, I’m also running a Jack Herer auto using the older 1/2 gal pot and it is gigantic! Much bigger than the MS.

So, It seems that the pot size doesn’t really matter much. As long as they get a good amount of roots into the res, it’s gonna do good things.

MS left, JH right

15 Likes

Thanks for the comparison man. Both plants look killer. My first run with these is going great. Happy I jumped on these for sure. Also got some Mango Smile crosses that I made going outside and maybe one or two in another octopot. Love this thread!

2 Likes