Chat room 2017-2019

:warning: This is General Chat topic and serves as a mix of topics or a topic of “last resort”. Before posting, try to first decide if it is not preferably possible to

• update your own topic or add to relevant topic of another member
  • or start new topic for the subject
  • and lastly post your message here in General Chat…

Many interesting subjects can get buried quickly in this Chat topic… and that is a pity!

Specifically posts regarding actual events happening or your garden updates deserve their own topic.

Also consider checking out our official Overgrow.com Chat on Discord

Thanks for understanding!

And as the village idiot, i just cant find my way to it? Or, if there is not one…well, that be a real nice feature (-:

11 Likes

@Heritagefarms Had a package recently plucked out of circulation. Tracking says ‘returned to sender’ but it just evaporated. Been two months now.

2 Likes

That’s lame mine still says in route but it’s beyond late. I’ve had things take extra long before but not when it’s sent flat rate, which this was. This would be the first one to go missing , pisses me off.

1 Like

edit: yes I’ve had some problems with that too

Nope those we’re all received successfully. Was something I was trying to send somebody in the name of sharing, nothing I don’t have more of but still annoys me. Mostly because I can’t assume it’s trashed due to them occasionally taking unexplainably long to deliver things

1 Like

:nerd:

@Upstate @Heritagefarms @DiggySoze

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Anyone got any tips for a pulled muscle? I’m ready to cut my arm off and my grow is starting to suffer because I can’t do as much with one arm

4 Likes

If it just a sore muscle and not torn tendon or ligament use a sling over your shoulder to support the arm and rest it. Use ice off and on for 20 mins if need be (if sore or swollen)
Try to ace wrap arm to your side so it does not move under your weight while sleeping and re injure it.
Sleeping is the hardest part with arm injury I slept in recliner with my arm straped to me just to support it not to tight . Do you have any muscle relaxers or anti inflamatories they will also help.

3 Likes

How to make a sling
1st page I found many more

3 Likes

Haven’t had an mri yet but about a week I went to grab a bucket of bolts at work. Thought it was almost empty but it wasn’t. Felt a pop in the muscle that from the neck to the shoulder. What’s painful now is from the top of my shoulder to the bottom of shoulder blade in the middle of my back and the outside of my shoulder and down the side of my arm. Hospital said sprain which is a stretched tendon but haven’t had the time to get it checked further. Sometimes my fingers will go numb and feels like something cold on my hand by my hand isn’t cold

3 Likes

OK That is a back muscle from the sounds of it , did they say if after a week or 2 if pain is still as bad to follow up with ortho-Doc if need be?
If it gets worse you should have MRI to see what you did, the mechanism of injury is diffinitely there with that heavy bucket.and the sudden pull.
You may have torn the rotator cuff , I hope not.
Do any over the counter drugs help?

“Sometimes my fingers will go numb and feels like something cold on my hand by my hand isn’t cold”
Now this sounds like you may also have a pinched nerve in the workings, if you have good med, ins / I would get check out again if it is not getting better soon, hand going numb and never having done that before the injury concerns me.
What is pain lvl from 1 to 10 now?

2 Likes

It comes in waves. The muscles start twitching and shortly after they stop i get a burning pain outside lobe of my shoulder going down the outside of my arm. Already been to my chiropractor and got my back adjusted when it first started, that helped numbness left. Came back few days ago and went and got adj again and its better. I’ve always gotten arm numbness but only when working with my hands at shoulder level and above. I’ve got bad ass insurance but hard to take time off because I’m the crane op and also the foreman so everything stops when I’m not there

5 Likes

@Daytripr69 :point_up_2: :neutral_face:

:evergreen_tree: sorry i know they aint free

1 Like

Oh that is right you op a crane I forgot I had read that on the site .
The arm numbness could be related to a neck problem too, does your neck ever hurt ?
My fingers go numb if I hold my hands up too long or work with my arms over my hand.
Sitting all day and using your arms as you do in the cockpit could also be part of your arm problem
Do you strech before druing and after your tour in the seat.
Sitting all day is no good for the back.
Sounds like you could be having muscle spasms along with other damage you have done to you back over the years.
My back is so shot and they want me to let thme cut it, not ready for that yet.

1 Like

Also DT
Are you over 50 yet, it gets fun over 50 if you have worked labor all your life.
Some people never worked a real day in their lives other do more than their share for sure.
I have done way to much myself before i landed a cushy job yrs ago.

1 Like

You carnts have way too much free time.

4 Likes

I’m only 42 but I was a brick layer for 12 years before getting into cranes. I had to have pulled something as i went to grab what i thought was an empty bucket but it was full of bolts and my trap on the left side popped. Week later I can barely use my arm. I’m shutting my job down for the weekend and taking it easy for 2 days. Gonna hire a grow hand for the weekend to do res changes and shit. I’m over hurting

3 Likes

I agree rest it and see if it feels any better if not seek further med advice.
I live in pain everyday myself so I know how much it sucks and ruins ones life.
You are to young to be in this much pain, take care of it now while you are still young.
I screwed up my back when I was young and blew it off, now I can hardly walk and I am almost a crip
Next step a wheelchair.

Damn buddy, I’m having flashbacks. You better get your ass to go get an MRI. Sounds like you’re neck is out. When I blew the disc in my lower back, I thought I had a charlie horse in my ass for months, causing me to continue working. I ended up herniating what was probably just a slipped disc, shredding it. For God’s sake be careful. I hope it’s just a muscle. Don’t mean to make you nervous. Be careful what you let them treat you for. When my wife hurt her neck, physical therapy and workers comp forced her to do exercises for a torn shoulder. I knew it’s not the problem, but they were going to drop her case if she didn’t do what they told her. She ended up herniating 3 discs in her neck. In the end you know what you can do better than any doctor and don’t let then tell you different.

2 Likes

I must also say day trip 69, when my back gets bad now I eat as much hash oil as my body can handle. Or just a good strong pot brownie. For me they work way better than muscle relaxers at loosening up the muscles. Sometimes I’ll go to sleep with a f*****-up back, and when I awake it’s gone back into place. At the very least you’ll be good and baked and won’t be thinking about your pain so much LOL

4 Likes