Check out my perpetual grow!

One reason to share stuff with a few friends is it backs up stuff you like. This way everyone can revive each other when sh!t happens, and it will

4 Likes

Yeah he told me that’s gary payton by powerzz. He gets most of his cuts from a local guy who clones and sells for cheap and has been doing it for 30 years

3 Likes

It’s so weird how stuff goes. I tried setting up a clone vending service like 20 years ago. I was charging 7.5 a cut and no one was interested.
I’ve heard good stuff about the gary patton

4 Likes

Man part of the problem with some of the stuff though is there are some clones out there people ask ridiculous money for. Saw one guy getting ready to drop some seeds and was going to drop a clone set with the drop but wanted 5k a clone on a new run. Like I get it everybody wants to make a living but damn. Most of it now just seems to be a bit of hype marketing.

3 Likes

My thinking is a long term project we’re people keep coming back. The 5k guy knows it’s a one shot deal and that person is going to immediately undercut his price to recoup money. Absolutely a ton of hype marketing

2 Likes

Oh for sure I 100% agree with this and it’s the same thing all too often with these new “hype strains” or any newer strain in general here lately

1 Like

@Emeraldgreen it would be nice to have like a nursery style clone/ garden store.

2 Likes

Day 47 of veg. Im anticipating to flip to flower soon. I have all the plants trained how I’d like but 2. Hella jelly which just wants to be a small bush and has had the slowest growth of all the seeds I sprouted (besides the dj short blueberry lol) and the sunset sherbert which is understandably behind the rest. I think ill give the flower tent max to day 60. My main thing there is letting them heal from the current supercropping and trimming I just did and I think hella jelly is just gonna be smaller than the rest because I can’t keep waiting on her to play catch up when chemtek is taking over real quick. The veg tent will get the 2 week offset unless I run out of room early then im winging it come harvest and dry times. Everything is looking great around here. Still loving this trainwreck 14r x pistachio the most she hasn’t had any issues this whole grow and in the mother tent when things were mad because the humidity dip she wasn’t even phased. Really high hopes for this girl but let’s not forget about that chemtek wow has she grown up!

12 Likes

I love the aggressive training.
Its gonna be neat to see what it does for you!
:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I’m really like the aggressive training also… I really like your doing @HighTilliDie
Looking forward to more

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Nice! You use whips and rubber hoses on those babies too?

4 Likes

Haha thanks guys! I’m not gonna take anymore nodes from anything in the flower tent (4×8) they will be allowed up to 2 weeks to recover before the flip to flower and ill just use the stakes to help as much as I can then lift off everything when it becomes useless. I love doing this method of training and growing because it gets my plants to where id like them width wise and then when I let them grow out finally without training they won’t need much if any training to get them where id like for the flip to flower and achieving only keeping the very top of the canopy. N no whips but sometimes ill resort to pipe cleaners and have seriously thought about using some spare cuts of autopot tubing and bonsai wires for training. I’ll leave that up to my fiance tho she’s been eager to start a bonsai project

6 Likes

Do you always tip at the fourth node? And then do you top the tips afterwards?

2 Likes

I almost always top 3rd to 4th node then no more topping. I shoot for 6-10 nodes per branch in flower for a nice stack on each branch when she’s finished

4 Likes

Any thoughts on what’s going on with my clones? They are rooting just fine but over the past few days just shriveling up and dying. I had the temp set at 73 so I upped it to 78 thinking maybe its the night temps. Humidity is set at 70 and I got a humidifier that works with the inkbird controller and it’s been staying around 65-68 rh. I also checked the cloner PH it’s sitting at 6.0-6.1. Lastly I raised the fan that was blowing on the plants to a higher level so the cloner wouldn’t really be getting hit. Im just not sure whats going on here lately in this tent specifically

3 Likes

The ladies in the solo cups were transferred from the cloner a day or 2 ago and were showing the same signs before transplant and im not sure if they will make it but I just want to solve this dang issue already lol

2 Likes

It looks like you have some damage to your new growth from moisture. They look like they rotted, especially the cap junky and single leaf cut. The other one should grow out of it. I get this when I use lids on my trays

2 Likes

Yeah they are for sure looking funky. So you think it’s from moisture on the leaves or something? I’m not too worried at the end of the day as it can all be cloned again but it’s throwing me off. I had the solo cups in a dome after the 1st day because I thought maybe they were upset due to low humidity but then in the dome I saw 1 spot of mold on 1 plants soil and cleaned off the topsoil and took the dome off. How can I avoid this moving forward? @Emeraldgreen

1 Like

I cut the leaves so they transpire less water. This way I never use lids when I clone. The lid increase humidity, but I find the increase in humidity keeps the little growing tips to wet. I always lose clones this way. They root but no new growth. Outa :heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Shoot good advice brother! I’ll probably just take new clones and see how the old ones ride out. Worst case scenario I’ll have something to handout if the current ones make it and then ill keep the new ones for the next run

1 Like