Chefs and Foodies - Post Your Favorite Recipes (bonus points for pics)

And when you do get a taste of the dark roux, anything less just doesn’t cut it. Automatically inferior in flavor if it’s too light. I learned early in life about that dark stuff. My Momma used to make it dark as brownies, and my dumb ass ate a hunk of it thinking it was brownies :face_vomiting:
But after that I always thought it was kool to do it the same.

1 Like

Try this next time, it works and you are not standing over the stove.

4 Likes

Is there a way to so save this thread for my future use hahaha

1 Like

Thanks, @Tejas! I’m old fashioned, so I don’t know if I’d trust my roux to the oven. However, I did check out that recipe and watched a couple of YT videos after your post, so if I ever try it, I’ll have you to thank (or blame! :smile:).

In fact, there is!

4 Likes

I’m sorta new to the site how would I go about saving this thread? I’m on my cellphone internet browser, is their an app for this site?

In the post just above yours, can you see where I have an arrow pointing to “Bookmark”? Click on that to save the thread to your bookmarks. Or, you can save a specific post to your bookmarks by clicking on the 3 dots at the bottom of the post (between the pencil and the “Reply”).

There is no app, but lots of people navigate this site on their phones, so you should be able to find your way around just fine.

2 Likes

Awesome thanks man!’

1 Like

Ok OG’s here is my recipe to share.

I know we all smoke or eat with cannabis. does anyone have some killer recipes they would share on here…this thread will be for recipes that OG’S are willing to post up and share…

INGREDIENTS
2 12oz New York Strip steaks

¼ cp HERBED BUTTER
(made prior to this recipe)

2 tbsp
Corn oil
3 tbsp Smuckers
Salted Caramel Topping
1 tbsp Hellman’s mayonnaise
1 tsp Minced garlic
1 tsp Teriyaki marinade
1 1/2 tbsp Lea & Perrins
Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp Kosher OR Pink Salt
½ cp CAJUN SEASONING

CAJUN NEW YORK STRIP W/CARAMEL TERIYAKI GLAZE
This is one to make handy recipe for that
Steak surprise to be
passed on for many generations

DIRECTIONS:
Step 1: PREHEATING PAN
TURN OVEN ON TO 500° F
PLACE YOUR CAST IRON PAN IN THE OVEN FOR ABOUT A 1/2hr
WHILE THE STEAKS REST WITH SEASON
{INSTRUCTIONS BELOW}
Step 1: Bring your steaks to room temp, on a paper towel. Sprinkle a pinch of salt on both sides and let sit.
 Once at room temp pat the steaks dry both sides then season accordingly with CAJUN Seasoning and small pinches of salt for flavor
 Let sit for 5~10 minutes with seasoning before cooking

 Once pan is hot place it on stovetop over medium to high heat.(be careful this is a scorching hot cast iron pan use oven mits)
Step 2: Gently pour 2 tablespoons of corn oil, and roll it around the pan so it covers the bottom of the pan evenly.
Step 3: Place your herbed butter in the center of pan, and let melt…NOT BROWN. Then gently lay your steaks into the pan laying them in away from you to avoid splatter. Let them cook one side for about 7~10 minutes depending on thickness of your steaks.
 Flip your steaks and making sure the crisp is even move; them around pan and let cook for 5~7 minutes (to desired heat) i.e. …rare/med/done
Step 4: Once steaks are to desire temp set them aside in rest with aluminum foil draped (not secured) over the steaks with holes in the top as to not overcook the meat.
Step 5: Take/Use your Sucs (the remains in the pan) and use them for the glaze you are about to prepare.

 Start with 3 tablespoons of caramel topping, and continue to add ingredients one by one to a low heat simmer, constantly stirring to allow all the ingredients to mix will…manage heat accordingly…as to not brown, or burn the glaze
Step 6: Continue to stir constantly until you have a thick glaze. Once your glaze is thick and shiny remove from heat. And continue to stir.

Step 7: Place Steak on plate and Pour Glaze over the Steaks accordingly.

6 Likes

My Gummie Recipe

2 Likes

thanks for sharing…i hope people will post up some goodies on this thread…i love cooking, and baking cant hurt

2 Likes

theres this thread with a bunch

3 Likes

Wondering if you or anyone ever tried that recipe for oven roux

Doesn’t always have to be an edible recipe

Was looking for people to share some gold

2 Likes

In fact, I created this thread so we can share recipes for any dish, including (mostly) non-THC infused recipes.

I never did try it because I love the roux I already make, and I make good use of the time it ties me to the stove. Perhaps @Tejas can tell you about their results with the oven roux…

5 Likes

I tried it a couple of times and it makes a good roux. Since I have gone back to the stove top method as it seems to be a little faster than the oven.

2 Likes

I got a new knife, it’s very sharp

1 Like

Made a bad ass bacon Mac and cheese, 3 cheese bechamel(cheddar, mozzarella, parmigiano reggiano) roux done with bacon fat not butter. Topped with freshly pickled jalapeños

5 Likes

Thai Beef Salad

A great Thai Beef Salad comes down to the perfect balance of flavours in the dressing. To achieve this, use teaspoons to measure the garlic and chilli. Because - not all garlic cloves are the same size. So annoying, right??! Grinding coriander to mix into the dressing gives this an extra dimension that makes this a restaurant standard recipe. It makes all the difference to the flavour!

why I love cooking asian style - 25 minutes total !!

Thai Beef Salad.pdf (713.2 KB)

4 Likes

Tuna Tataki

Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 4.49.48 PM

Pan seared sashimi grade tuna drizzled in a refreshing ginger ponzu sauce and finish off with sesame seeds, this tuna tataki recipe is a delicious treat & easy to make !

Total cook time - 10 minutes !!!

Tuna Tataki.pdf (755.9 KB)

2 Likes

I thought I had posted my Green Chile Stew recipe in this thread, but it turns out I put it here:

When I lived in New Mexico I got addicted to the chiles. This dish is one of my all time favorite meals.

2 Likes