Chem D Discussion

Hey All - wanted to get into / opinions from growers here on Chem D.

I have grown a small cut of it before and it turned out to be some nice smoke. Went about 70 days, had a Lemonish scent to it in flower and cured to a garlic BO funk.

Was able to get the same cut back:

Anybody here a Chem D fan or grown it? Would love to hear thoughts and what you found to be successful while cultivating this variety.

50 Likes

Is that the original chemdawg? Funky looking plant!

8 Likes

Oooo I’m gonna send you some BD x 88G13 pollen. :joy:

16 Likes

This is the Chem D - from that same original seed batch that the Chemdog ‘91.

Ya the variegation is pretty funky. Apparently CalMag can make it go away.

14 Likes

Yes! I’m down if you are :slight_smile:

7 Likes

One of the things I always was curious about was the lemony scent of the D in flower. I hadn’t read about that before - but certainly noticed that first hand.

It always had me wondering “is this the real deal?”

Interestingly I came across a quote on IC Mag from Nspecta, from a quote from Chemdog himself:

The three are close the orig 91 cut is more ogkush sour taste and the sister is a thick expanding punch smoke more of a peppery taste and the chem D maybe the best yet its lemony skunky thick one hit ripped weed ive turned more people green on that shit even pros

The above was pretty cool to find!

20 Likes

Thats a great find!! Nice work

6 Likes

I’m a fan of smoking it never had the chance to grow it

6 Likes

Well that’s what I call provenance or about the best that could be had to ease your mind that it’s legit

4 Likes

Ya - I was happy to find that nugget of info!

Everyone always talks about the D’s body odour/garlic funk - which it does when it cures.

In bloom there is a prominent lemon scent, which threw me off as I never read anything on that.

11 Likes

I got three/ four week…Humbolt seeds…got 5 Regs.funny thing is the two I put in the yogurt pots…seem to be doing better LOL

They all sprouted and put in pots three/ four .days

The chemdawg are the five to the right

Happy growing

Seem like good seeds.

They come in a right fancy wooden box…but there is no way to get into them unless you smash the glass.

24 Likes

Nice - hope they turn out like the 91 cut for you!

6 Likes

I have Chem91. I’ll try and tag you next time I post pics for your comparison purposes.

It’s such good smoke. Well worth the effort to track her down, as I’m sure the D cut is as well.

12 Likes

Hmm I have the Bigwyrm chem cut. Be interesting to compare as well.

5 Likes

We have the same cut :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If I could find the 91 I would be all over it!!

4 Likes

Sorry - we have the same Chem D cut. You have a 91 cut?

2 Likes

Yes i have chem d and the bigwyrm chem 91 now.

5 Likes

What’s the Bigwyrm 91?

My Chem d came from a common friend we have :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ive heard of the bigwyrm chem (big chem wyrm cut) a bunch over the years. A cpl wks ago i tried searching about it and couldnt find much.

2 Likes