Chem D Discussion

This sounds like a really special linešŸ™Œ

3 Likes

Without getting to off topic. This is important because when we understand the origins and how to have predictive outcomes we can really start advancing. Mutations are an excellent way to track traits, but also well beyond that.

Right now we are at a standstill in breeding pushing minor %, but through selectively breeding with mutations and aneoploids we can start cracking through and achieve multiples of terpenes, cannabinoids and yields depending on goals.

People naturally select away from mutations which has resulted in minimal research. I have already broke and held records in minor terpenes , cannabinoids and yield selecting towards them.

My point is. Be curious and see what happens exploring this on you own.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve grown a lot of NL5 Haze from AK Bean Brains, and a lot of hybrids, and I donā€™t see it in Chem D.

5 Likes

Akbb has been breeding it out for years, itā€™s not a cut.

4 Likes

I grew out the original tsb haze5 and tsb haze5 was a local cut for years. Iā€™ve grown out the AK beans and every other claim to haze and 5haze over the last 30 yrs since including by other names like Kali Mist etc. There is a post somewhere with my queen sized bed of cash packs.

I agree 100% as do most that had the original and everything after. The similarities between 5haze 1990 and 5haze 1993 have all the profile similarities as runts and diesel. Not even in the same wheelhouse. The only difference is post ~'93 5haze tastes like shit where pre 90 hit like a metal winter chemical compound rather than smoke, coated the tongue in fir needles and filled the room with frankincense.

So basically I agree with you. There is no similarities, but others who had it back then note. There is a hint of it in some Chemā€™s though the dog bud being BLD locked onto the 5 side more.

4 Likes

This is wrong (except for the cut part). Check this out:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkgnE2yPR0I/?img_index=1

Looks almost exactly like Nevilleā€™s.

Dave has been focused on preservation. More photos in that IG post.

12 Likes

Iā€™m not saying he isnā€™t preserving the line, I am saying 30 years of breeding is going to bring a variety of results that are very unlikely to bring the same results as a single, highly sought after cut. The pheno could show up, and there is 100% fire in his beans, but its just not the same.

5 Likes

I had the sought after pheno. I found one a bit over a hundred seeds. Original seed line from back in the day.

It does not pass on the mutated pheno. It is extremely difficult to clone. Out of 20 clones I would be lucky to get 2.

It is only potent. No yield and a general pain in the ass to grow.

It reminds me of the award white widow. You canā€™t get it today. It was mutant that won the cup. The mutant you want likely wonā€™t come in follow up generations and is rare of the rare in original line.

I always kept a spot in a grow for my one or two I managed to get going.

I had a setup that enabled me to select from hundreds but I typically selected from around a 100 seeds so I could possibly select the best of multiple similar phenos. Race horses!

10 Likes

Yeah, but it started out as Nevilleā€™s seed line before there was a selection cut, unless youā€™re talking about a specific selection of his that bottle-necked the seed line down.

6 Likes

Itā€™s close. Here is a more indepth explanation from a friend for the hooked, curled leaf alas an origin marker as well as the explanation of the cannabinoids and terpenes present which cannot be accomplished through BLD hybridization. They quite literally overtake these in subsequent fgen. Further, why there has never been any success in fitting these compounds and associated affects in a hybrid package. However, I digress.

I am happy to share my experiences transparently. I would bet my whole collection that the parental stock of chem is 5haze based only on my experience and am content with that knowledge and demonstration. I get it though. Without my person experience I would not consider it based on the post Donkers 5haze '91.
I donā€™t want to cause this thread to go offtopic. I simple intended to add to the understanding and origin of Chem, but will say nothing further on it hereā€‹:pray::v:

IMG_20230319_092253001

13 Likes

So the real question is, you think itā€™s C5 or A5 or both?

Thatā€™s a beautiful girl too btw :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

That pic from the catalog is 5a2 if I remember correctly :thinking:

6 Likes

Can anyone chime in on how the Chem D is to grow, fussy or temermental at all?

Also, at risk of starting a dog fight (get it?) :laughing: is the veragation an indication of legitimacy or no?

Itā€™s on a list of available cuts im perusingā€¦ and I havenā€™t bought my Xmas gift yet.

5 Likes

I have read she can be a little finicky but nothing crazy.
As for the veragation I have read that it is a sign of legitimacy , hence why I shared the pictures I have.

3 Likes

Grows fine , short n squat n wide . Epsom will take away the stripes if you desire .
Makes medium dense buds that stink .
Give her good long veg if you want weight off her . She grew 100% on auto pilot here gave me no issues
Much better cuts to be had in my personal opinion I did not keep her

9 Likes

Interestingā€¦ and appreciative @Jetdro

I am asking myself if I really need another Chem, I donā€™t have all that much room. However, my trigger finger is itchyā€¦

3 Likes

i vote do someone else

1 Like

The Chem 4 is supposed to be the best one from what Iā€™m hearing, but she runs 12 weeks in order to be that good.

5 Likes

i shall run no more chems , not to my liking much

2 Likes

As a native of Chemdogā€™s homeland (Grassachusetts) I can tell you that of the Chems Iā€™ve had here and in NYC, Iā€™ve always thought of them like this:

Chem 91: the stinker
Chem 4: the heavy hitter
Chem Sis: the best daily driver
Chems 1/2/3 itā€™s been too long and I never tried them enough times to make a real judgement

Bonus points for Mass Super Skunk and the Amherst Sour Diesel being clearly related in some way, I couldnā€™t say up or down the lineage tree.

5 Likes

What about the D

4 Likes