ChronicMcBudz's Stealth Wardrobe

Very cool can’t wait to see you grow in this thing. I love the idea of stealth wardrobes. Although I love even more the idea of just being able to grow openly everywhere. Haha

3 Likes

Only thing better than the stealth wardrobe is a secret doorway in your walls leading to a hidden
grow room

8 Likes

Down for the ride and best of luck to your build and grow

:love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I remember a guy from OG 1.0 that had it hidden behind a book shelf. Was some cool shit. If I remember correctly his wife didn’t even know it was there.

5 Likes

Epic! That’s on the list, maybe not behind a bookshelf but hidden!

4 Likes

And then there were lights! Wife decided she’s done with the painting for now, so I’m a go to hopefully finish the box tomorrow while the kids are at school. Still need to put in weather stripping, cut a couple pieces of wood to cover the gaps on the top of the doors, and assemble the exhaust. After that I still need to finish the DWC tub, but I’ll have a couple weeks while the seeds germ and start in Jiffy pellets.

17 Likes

We’re almost in business! Got the ac infinity s6 and scrubber installed, and a fair amount of the light proofing done. Test run of the exhaust tomorrow for sound and hopefully finishing the light proofing. After that it’s time to start soaking some beans! I’m not too concerned with finishing the DWC tub before popping beans. All I need to do with that is hot glue the air stones down, set up the air lines and make holes for the air lines and maybe a fill hole for topping off.

6 Likes

Hell yeah man, what do the air intake and outtakes look like?

5 Likes

@ChronicMcBudz great job man, it’s been a hot minute since I seen a quality cab being built. It’s gonna look slik & run like a dream…

I 2nd what @JustSumTomatoes says, more photos bro.

4 Likes

I’ll get a pic of the intake tomorrow, but it’s just 4 3 1/16" holes in the bottom of the back. The shelving inside creates a natural light trap. Exhaust is a 6" hole out the top lol.

The scrubber is aluminum taped directly to the fan and then the fan is hooked up to the hole using 6" duct and a 6" connector flange that’s just dropped in from the top and sealed in with aluminum tape.

14 Likes

NICE. It shows you think about the mechanics of how things work before you take action on it. Im definitely sticking around to watch this…

Have you thought about heat sinks on your led strips? Or installing a few PC fans over them for active cooling? Good job on your lights by the way…

I DIY my own led lighting excatly how you made yours (mine was only 4 strips in Parallel) and I needed the active cooling or the leds would run to hot when it was at Max output of 300w

The cords coming from my Meanwell driver (after 3yrs of full time use) actually melted and almost caused a fire. So I purchased my current lighting lol still have the DIY as backup, just need to replace the driver.

6 Likes

Thanks! This thing has thrown lots of curve balls at me. Mostly due to my skill level, but I’ve had to get creative a couple times. I’ve had to be sure before I do anything as I don’t have the money to fix a screw up. Measure twice, cut once. Honestly, if I did it again I would have bought a newer wardrobe lol. Not planning on any heat sinks, but I do have a small Honeywell fan for circulation. I don’t expect to need them though, based off of other’s experience with this build.

5 Likes

It’s nice seeing your project coming together, it has been great following your progress. :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I love how the lessons of OG apply to other plants as well. Just flopped my dill in the aerogarden.

Here’s the big one with lettuces, golden harvest tomatoes and bell peppers.

13 Likes

So… my daughter has become an opsec risk. She’s throwing insane tantrums leaving school, twice this week, to the point I had to leave work to come home and take care of it today. Not sure what’s going on with her. She’s usually not bad and never like this. She’s 6, and the only changes recently are that I’ve gone back to working (I was on leave for awhile) and she just started back full time in school this week. She was on a hybrid schedule, half online/half in school, before this. I really hope we can get a handle on this soon. The wife isn’t comfortable with me starting up with the current situation.

Still trucking along with the build, just might be growing legal crops for the initial run. I’ll be damned if I put this much in and don’t put something in the thing.

14 Likes

Sorry to hear your daughter is going through all of that man. This has been an insane year that most adults have struggled with handling, I can only imagine how children are trying to cope. I’m sure returing to school full time must be overwhelming for a six year old. Kids have been told this whole time that they or their loved could get a deadly disease and all of a sudden they and their parents are back into the situation they were told not to go into. Also, one year of adult time is like 4 years of kid time. Hope she can settle in soon and make the adjustment. Best wishes and good vibes to you and your family!

5 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes! I think it will calm down soon. She’s pissed I’m working and over tired from school. She’s a lot more active at school than home schooled, so I think it’s wearing her out. Just never seen her take it to this level before, and twice in one week. It would be one thing if this was at home, but it’s in the parent pickup line, and that’s what worries me.

4 Likes

Anyone know what’s up with my tomato plants? They all have this going on with their leaves. A little looks like nute burn on the newer leaves with the tips burned, then on some of the older leaves they have it in between the veins.

4 Likes

Anyone running DWC, how often do you need to change your reservoir and do you run sterile? Trying to plan out how I’m going to run airlines and topping off/changing rez. I’ll be running Jack’s 321. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen people that never change, but I don’t know how feasible that is. Trying to decide if it would be easier to put air lines through the top or the side near the top.

4 Likes

Not much happening with the box. Got it fairly light tight, couple small leaks but nothing I’m concerned with for the first grow. May have to change hinges out in the future to get the doors hanging true again. In the mean time I could start today and finish the DWC tub while the seedlings are sprouting, but im going to wait until next week just to make sure everything is good and ready when I start.

3 Likes