ChronicMcBudz's Stealth Wardrobe

Thanks! This thing has thrown lots of curve balls at me. Mostly due to my skill level, but I’ve had to get creative a couple times. I’ve had to be sure before I do anything as I don’t have the money to fix a screw up. Measure twice, cut once. Honestly, if I did it again I would have bought a newer wardrobe lol. Not planning on any heat sinks, but I do have a small Honeywell fan for circulation. I don’t expect to need them though, based off of other’s experience with this build.

5 Likes

It’s nice seeing your project coming together, it has been great following your progress. :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

I love how the lessons of OG apply to other plants as well. Just flopped my dill in the aerogarden.

Here’s the big one with lettuces, golden harvest tomatoes and bell peppers.

13 Likes

So… my daughter has become an opsec risk. She’s throwing insane tantrums leaving school, twice this week, to the point I had to leave work to come home and take care of it today. Not sure what’s going on with her. She’s usually not bad and never like this. She’s 6, and the only changes recently are that I’ve gone back to working (I was on leave for awhile) and she just started back full time in school this week. She was on a hybrid schedule, half online/half in school, before this. I really hope we can get a handle on this soon. The wife isn’t comfortable with me starting up with the current situation.

Still trucking along with the build, just might be growing legal crops for the initial run. I’ll be damned if I put this much in and don’t put something in the thing.

14 Likes

Sorry to hear your daughter is going through all of that man. This has been an insane year that most adults have struggled with handling, I can only imagine how children are trying to cope. I’m sure returing to school full time must be overwhelming for a six year old. Kids have been told this whole time that they or their loved could get a deadly disease and all of a sudden they and their parents are back into the situation they were told not to go into. Also, one year of adult time is like 4 years of kid time. Hope she can settle in soon and make the adjustment. Best wishes and good vibes to you and your family!

5 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes! I think it will calm down soon. She’s pissed I’m working and over tired from school. She’s a lot more active at school than home schooled, so I think it’s wearing her out. Just never seen her take it to this level before, and twice in one week. It would be one thing if this was at home, but it’s in the parent pickup line, and that’s what worries me.

4 Likes

Anyone know what’s up with my tomato plants? They all have this going on with their leaves. A little looks like nute burn on the newer leaves with the tips burned, then on some of the older leaves they have it in between the veins.

4 Likes

Anyone running DWC, how often do you need to change your reservoir and do you run sterile? Trying to plan out how I’m going to run airlines and topping off/changing rez. I’ll be running Jack’s 321. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen people that never change, but I don’t know how feasible that is. Trying to decide if it would be easier to put air lines through the top or the side near the top.

4 Likes

Not much happening with the box. Got it fairly light tight, couple small leaks but nothing I’m concerned with for the first grow. May have to change hinges out in the future to get the doors hanging true again. In the mean time I could start today and finish the DWC tub while the seedlings are sprouting, but im going to wait until next week just to make sure everything is good and ready when I start.

3 Likes

Looks like wilt to me, wrecks my tomatoes every year.

2 Likes

So, we are still in a holding pattern. Hopefully next week I can get the tub finished and some beans popped. In the meantime, our Aerogardens are doing well. Whole bunch of tomatoes already growing and lots of fresh salads and herbs.

4 Likes

The wife went and took a shower, so I did some work on the tub. All that’s left is buy a bucket head, cut a hole for filling and draining and get the all clear from the boss to drop the seeds.

5 Likes

Putting those thermometers on the light is brilliant! Now where is my stack of those?

3 Likes

I have em on the walls and as soon as I find my other one I’ll put one on the side of the res too.

1 Like

Very cool wardrobe build, I love them and it’s how I grew back in the day. Had a 400W HPS in a cooltube in a 90x50cm closet and a stubby silencer on exhaust, masked with a couple of suitcases. Visitors passed by that closet and didn’t give it a second look, no idea what was going on inside :joy:. This is what it looked like before I put a cooltube in, and the special silencer:

11 Likes

Also understand much of what you’re going through with your kid, I have a son who also started school in this crazy virus year. It hasn’t been easy on him, I think they started and stopped school like 4 times in total… Worst possible year for kids, especially 6 year olds just starting their academic journeys - imagine what a hard switch it is for them going from playing in kindergarten to actual school work, discipline, concentration for prolonged time, meeting new teachers and classmates. Then do it 3-4 times instead of once!

So when I read your words, it resonates for me, my son expresses the same feelings (school sucks, doesn’t want to go, tummy ache, …). It really really sucks, not much else to do than keep encouraging them. I hope this covid generation will have a chance to learn the nice things about school soon, once things settle down a bit.

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement! This has definitely been a shit year for kids. My oldest started 6th grade this year and that went pretty poorly with the online school. Put her back in school 2 weeks ago and her grades shot up. She actually might pass now.

I’m considering building a silencer for the cab too. The loudest noise coming from it is the fan. The whole thing sounds like a quiet fridge in the corner of our bedroom. Just a slight vibration coming from it

3 Likes

Not sure if anyone is following along, but we’re still in a holding pattern. I’m itching to get something growing but it’s just not safe until we get everything figured out with my daughter. Considered growing legal crops, peppers n such, but I don’t want the kids getting used to seeing inside and I know I’ll get lax. Only thing left is a fill/drain hole in the top of the DWC tub and buy a bucket head. Even got the clay pebbles rinsed, sorted and filled into the net pots.

I dont know if I’ve mentioned my son’s issues, but we just got the diagnosis in for our 6 year old son. ADHD and High Functioning Autism. It’s kind of a relief to finally have a diagnosis, but it also sucks. We expected this though, and now we can get him the help he needs. It’s mostly in social aspects. The boys smart as hell when it comes to reading, writing and arithmetic.

7 Likes

I understand how you must all feel about this. And I’m not saying its gonna be easier or anything :confused: just take things day be day. Its a never ending learning process…

My oldest kid, he’s 19. Diagnosed with ODD, High functioning Autism & Epilepsy… He can’t read or write, he’s very smart just not smart in the traditional sense… Been like this since he was 8yrs old.

Alot of the time he would learn something, get good at it, then suddenly not remember how to do it anymore like overnight… It made him seem lazy or forgetful, but it’s not his fault. He legitimately didn’t remember, like he was never taught to start with…

3 steps forward and 5 steps back. Just take things day by day my friend. Allow your kid to make mistakes & to complete tasks, build his confidence = best outcome possible.

7 Likes

Thanks Cadman! The biggest thing for us is we can get him the therapy and help he needs now. He’s doing fairly well at the moment, but last year was a train wreck. Next step is to talk to his PPC and get him into everything. At least we’re going to be setting up in the summer, so that’ll make it easier to get a routine going. Next up, his twin sister. Never ends lol.

4 Likes