Clones from Clonify

Ive been wondering if they are legit or not

Yea, I wonder about every place

1 Like

Me too i hate being in the midwest where i cant just go check em out first… Meh

2 Likes

I jumped on Clonify a while back when @Seamonkey84 first mentioned them. I ordered single cuts of Slurricane (discounted to $75 at the time) and Mendo Breath. Got the whole thing with “winter shipping” for $130. They shipped out Thursday the 7th from Maine and didn’t arrive to me in Ohio until Mon the 11th.

I was surprised by how good of shape they were in after 5 days in transit. They add large heat packs above and below the plastic clone shipping container which also contains a small LED light. By the time I got it the LED light was dead and the heat packs were spent, but damn those plants looked great. They even threw in a “Freebie” extra cut of the Mendo Breath, so I got two of those.

I almost let the Mendo Breaths die off because of my failure to recognize a problem. From what I could see, the substrate was all promix. All three clones’ soil felt moist so I just let them be as-is in the tent. After just an hour both Mendo Breath clones were wilting. I figured it was just shock from being dark/cold and then going in a warm/moist environment with light. So I let them chill for the evening. Next day they were almost goners. Turns out the clones were propagated in a rockwool cube, and the cube was then put into pots with promix. Well even though the Promix was moist the newly discovered rockwool cube in the center was bone dry. I wonder if the promix actually pulled moisture out of the rockwool. Either way, I thoroughly watered them all and they’re back and growing healthy again with just a bit of leaf damage. Pheww!

I put them in quarantine in a separate room under some T5s and have checked them over well with a USB scope. I have not found any sign of pests so far. I’ll be starting IPM on them in a couple days. I’m real happy with the whole situation so far. The Slurricane cut is big and has like 4 or 5 places I could take cuts right now if I needed. But I’m gonna give them at least another week to recover in quarantine, then probably take some cuts, then just chuck the original after the cuts are rooted. Only the cuts will be going into my grow room.

9 Likes

Good to know they made it to Ohio ok!!! Going to check this out now.

3 Likes

Glad to see they worked out so well for you! Like I said, I saw something crawling on one of mine, but it got away from me quickly and I did t get a good view of it. so it could of been a predator mite or something, but take no chances! Awesome that they sent you two mendo breaths, I wish I got a freebie :pleading_face:. Oh well, maybe I’ll have them ship my next order instead haha. Prob better idea with everything going on anyway.
My clones were nice sized too, but I want that slurricane to thicken up a bit before taking some cuts, kinda thin at the moment. I did water mine right when I got them, with 3:1 water and hydrogen peroxide (3%) to aid in satanizing any pests. I gave them a light feeding yesterday as well. I think later tonight or tomorrow I can pull them out to give them another really good look over. They’ve been in the sealed tent with the pest strip for 5 days now.

2 Likes

From my experience the pest strip kills everything in 3 days (including eggs), and I pull it out at 5

5 Likes

I’m still going to take a cut and submerge it in water for 30-45 mins to drown/wash anything that is on it.

3 Likes

You are 100% correct in your thought line on the cubes being dry. I have experienced the same from planting cubes into un completely saturated promix.

2 Likes

Also the little cubes on the outside don’t have roots yet to suck them dry so the cube clone is in will dry out faster at first

2 Likes

Now that’s just unfair, what If they wanted to be catholic pests?? That damn seamonkey always goin around satanizing everything… :joy:

3 Likes

Oh wow, yea didn’t catch that :rofl::rofl:. :smiling_imp:
That does right with a short story I listened to on YouTube, “what happens when you write to satan instead of santa”

1 Like

Ordered a few clones 09 Animal Cookies and Purple Punch in November. They charged my Credit card, texted them a month later(end of December) they said that they suspended shipping because of the Christmas and will resume shipping on Jan4th. Text them back 3 weeks later and they said they’d check my order and never replied back, respectfully texted them again and never answered my text. Called them from my other phone and texted them again yesterday and no answer. Real unprofessional, too much work for a service I’m paying for. Hopefully I can somehow get my money back.

2 Likes

2 Likes

That stinks sorry to hear it. You’re more patient than I. I’m having similar issues with them now. We need a local like @Seamonkey84 to drive down there and rattle some cages LOL.

I got my first order a month ago no problem. All was good. Placed a second one 2 weeks ago and they keep on stalling me. Failing to respond until I poke again. They say they’ve recently been setup with UPS for shipping but clearly the operation is not working right now. Meanwhile their website has not changed for weeks, nothing appears to be in stock. I kind of feel like they took my money and don’t actually have anything to show for it. They keep delaying and now I can’t seem to get any response. Not a great feeling. No idea how to get my funds back.

3 Likes

Ouch, sorry to hear about your experience with them. They were slow to respond to my texts, but they did come through.

2 Likes

The Company have potential to be great in the clone field and they charge premium prices that some of us pay for but if they start slacking on orders and doing the people who trust them with their money wrong that reputation can follow them for years and turn a lot of customers away. That’s a lot of money lost to some easily fixable issue like answering texts and giving a simple update to their customers. I wasn’t even being disrespectful on the texts and they just stopped answering altogether.

Hopefully We can somehow get in contact with the and get our money or what we pay for.

1 Like

I heard great things about them and when I was thinking about ordering back in May I spoke with the Owner Joe, I texted them and they replied super fast and friendly. When I placed the order in November I noticed the person on the other side wasn’t as friendly or as prompt with the replies as before, I did some more research and found out some new kid took over the company phone, I guess Joe the Owner hired a “Communications Manager” to handle the orders, emails, FB messages and the phones, that person might not be fit for the position… I wish I could get in contact with Joe but the person clearly selectively ignoring messages and emails.

Agreed. There’s not many companies that I know of who are willing to ship clones all around the US. But that means they better have lots of inventory on hand and be able to update inventory on their site pretty regularly. Having a hobbled USPS certainly doesn’t help anyone. I’m kind of thinking I ordered something they didn’t really have though, and they didn’t update the site to reflect actual inventory. I’ll keep waiting. I will say that I did manage to stack a couple coupon codes they had sent and it worked out to be a deal worth risking. This is another lesson for me to just keep popping seeds and not even bother with clones in general.

3 Likes

I always go with seeds. I had bad experience with Clones, only time I’ve had mites in my garden came with some clones I ordered from a local company. I usually get my mother plants from seeds and clone from there but Clonify had the 09 Animal Cookies that I can’t find from seed. Otherwise I would’ve gotten the seed pack instead. This experience will only make me completely eliminate clone shopping for good.

1 Like