Cloning with a legal limit of 4

I remember when we weren’t allowed to grow any but did it anyway :joy:

Seriously though:

We can complain about the government telling us what to do.

Or

We can tell you that if you’re committed to having 4 plants only you can still exceed your goals.

Personally I wouldn’t go perpetual I’d just do like 3 crops a year, take the summers off, still get double your original goal.

22 Likes

I would say 2 crops a year if taking summers off or at least that is what I am doing. That said this was my last 4 plant bud run. There is tons of room for improvement there as well.

29 Likes

Yeah and you’re running a 4x4 I think? I’m using my own rig as a ballpark and it’s only a 2x4.

2 runs a year of a 4x4 with four plants? Shit you’d only need to grow once a year.

11 Likes

Absolutely and I stopped messing with summer grows so I didn’t have to stress when out of town. I only got the higher plant count so I could make seeds and perhaps do some hunting.

9 Likes

Well I live in VA too, and before I got started up again. I read about the laws and amendments. Considering I would be over 4 easily and back to breeding, I decided where is the threshold for felony and it states 49 is a misdemeanor, so on this basis you’re growing under the amount of more serious consequences. My situation is there’s no foot traffic. Two older men, and I have the run of the upstairs to myself. I get plant counted by one and dare not exceed clones, cut, seedlings, moms over 49. Trust me, if he didn’t see this section, which I had to show and prove, there’s no way I would be allowed. From 10-49 has more leniency. It all depends on your foot traffic if it’s feasible. Anyways, I hope this helps

5 Likes

That is probably going to be the route I take.

I guess I will just have retire the idea of finding some spectacular mama and just cloning her forever.

2 Likes

Are you saying foot traffic as in people coming through to buy some marywanna? Sorry if that was a dumb way of putting it. But in the legal jargon did it say why its predicated upon that.

But still 49 plants not bad if they consider that a misdemeanor. But i do wonder if ultimately let’s say you do get busted and have 29 flowering, and 20 veg, seedlings and clones depending on the judge you might get the book.

1 Like

Are you kidding ?! I’m talking about guests, relatives friends or repair people. No I don’t sell. I build my stash since I’m about 2 oz’s a month minimum. Yes I had 2 grow prepetual DWC, which allowed me one set flowering and another set growing to flower after harvest, so taking cuts and backup cuts the numbers get up there fast. Mainly in between cycles then numbers go back down. Yes that’s the point. Not exceeding what’s classified as manufacturing and distribution. Also plants are culled, it’s as simple as that so there’s fluctuations, especially in a breeding project. But sure if you want to show and talk to people about your grows it’s best to stick to 4. I’m a loner, so don’t have to be concerned there. I just live a quiet life w my plants in a makeshift apt

3 Likes

stunning flower room and herb for years if those jars could talk. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 plants :grin:

28 Likes

I’m in VA and I do/grow as I please just like I did before it was legal. That said I don’t show my grows.
As of now the cops lost a lot of rights to raid. Hell the narcotic dealers are getting probation in my county and I’m in the conservative part of state

7 Likes

Nice, love a vert grow :+1:
Heath Robinson inspired?

3 Likes

Also in VA here. One thing to note is the amount you have in your house.

I think if you have over a pound it’s a felony.

4 Likes

Heath, Delta, Lou and many more…

That run was the prototype, lots of stuff thats wrong in that Pic :slightly_smiling_face:

2nd and 3rd run was great :+1:

3 Likes

Cool room man :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Guys. Why not air layer the next round of clone while in veg. Puts roots on a clone before you even separate it into 2 plants. air layering can take some really big clones too if you have support for the roots.

here is an example. Air Layering Propagation - How To Air Layer Plants

8 Likes

I interpreted the law a little different. Did they define what a plant is? If you are taking clones, wouldn’t they all be considered the same plant genetically speaking? I’d fight this silly ass law in court all day.

3 Likes

Also up to 10 is a civil penalty of $25. Take your chances.

5 Likes

Is it? My understanding of the law was they don’t care how much weed you have at your house, just don’t bring more than an ounce out with you in public.

2 Likes

So many of the laws contradict themselves and have no sense behind them. California has done a especially good job of complicating and over restricting personal grows and taxing all others to the point of collapse.

3 Likes