Cloning with a legal limit of 4

Know the rules so you know how to break them too.

That line has always stuck with me. :thinking:

8 Likes

I agree I look at it being a clone itā€™s actually a fraction of a whole plant and whole plant grown massively can produce way more flower than your average clone will. I could litigate this point

2 Likes

Here is one thing i found but still looking for a description from the state

POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA:

The recently instated laws allow Virginia residents over the age of 21 to legally possess one ounce or less of marijuana. The possession of one ounce to one pound, however, is a civil violation that typically results in a fine of $25. It is a criminal felony offense to own more than one pound of marijuana, and the sentence for this can be a $250,000 fine and up to 10 years in prison.

3 Likes

Another reason to make hash and RSO and Dabs with your bulk older harvests. Store them in your Safe.

3 Likes

or you could just grow your 4 if it makes you sleep better at night. Sometimes sleeping at night is the right call. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh we know these all to well in Oregon wood chippers on flat bed trailers

Oregon State Police seize illegal marijuana valued at $500 million | CNN

4 Likes

@MrWizard I came across a post in r/microgrowery of a guy who has grafted 8 strains to a bonsai mother. Maybe that can help you with with having multiple strains available.

Here it is https://www.reddit.com/r/microgrowery/comments/q88h7f/bonsai_mother_with_8_strains_romoved_the_grafting/

Go through his post history I think he has/had one with 9 strains on it

HTH
:peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Nice one!
My first thought too!
This is something to look into. @MrWizard
You can leave rooted clones on the plant until you need em, then cut em off.

Good luck with those messed-up laws brother man.
In other states right now Cops and judges that jailed folks for cannabis their whole careerā€¦are able to legally hold hundreds even thousands of plants right now.

They only give you four, so you donā€™t cut into their profit. :money_mouth_face:

6 Likes

Iā€™m surprised they didnā€™t gram out the weight at $20 apiece leaves stalks and everything for a total street value of 3.5 billion dollars :joy:

6 Likes

Itā€™s worth twice that if you have public servants slinging nickel bags of it on the street corner for 6 months.

I like how they fan out the money from seizures in photos. Theyā€™ve obviously got seizure stylists on staff with your tax dollars, chasing you.

Ugh. Urge to kill rising.

10 Likes

I think the only fair and well thought out legal system that actually considered the needs of patients was the old california prop 215 prop 420 collective system.

Instead of plant counts, growers were regulated by canopy size in square feet. So if your canopy limit was 20 square feet, you could grow a few giant trees that yield pounds, or you could run a perpetual sea of green with as many small plants as you like.

By creating and joining independent collectives, you could become a caregiver for other patients, and add their allotted canopy space to your grow.

That system worked great, but people were too greedy for recreational legalization. Voters killed the medical system when they passed legal rec laws in 2015.

6 Likes

I am not sure I agree here?
I will let him comment, but I believe this would actually hurt @MrWizard

His canopy is as big as he wants it to be.
I forget what canopy size is allotted for 4 plants but it probably is not as big as what @MrWizard has going right now.

Or are you saying the collective is the key, on that I think we can agree.

Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

Just thinking out loud-What constitute a plant? If you have 4 separate growths that came from the same seed, can you argue that it is just separate pieces of the same plant? Any Perry Masons out there want to take a crack? Oops, just showed my age.

3 Likes

Laws differ from country to country, state to state and province to province. Really depends on your local laws.

4 Likes

It depends on what the authority having jurisdiction defines as a plant. Iā€™m no lawyer but from the laws I am seeing passed most legislators are clueless when it comes to this wonderful plant. IMHO.

3 Likes

Not trying to argue with a man just thinkinā€™ hereā€¦LOL
But
I was thinkinā€™ too. :exploding_head:
I think anyone would find it hard to argue, that this is more than one plant.

@MrWizard
Just wait till they root cut em off, throw the big plant into flower, ect.
Until then it should (legal disclaimer here) be considered one plant.

You can do large cuttings this way too.

3 Likes

It varies widely between jurisdictions. Donā€™t try to trick the Man because youā€™ll lose.

I would suggest you research the legality in your area to be absolutely sure and then decide what sort of risk youā€™re comfortable with.

I can tell you what Iā€™d do, but Iā€™m not you :+1:

Cheers and all the best.

5 Likes

Just get a med licence with a decent plant count.

2 Likes

yes, the collective system allowed you to increase your canopy space to grow as much as you needed and provide meds to all who need them.

Regulating by canopy size gave the grower much more flexibility when it came to seed starting, cloning, and keeping mother plants.

canopy space varied depending on where you lived. 20 square feet is on the small size. I could have legally filled my entire back yard if I wanted to.

1 Like

Iā€™m not planning anything. Iā€™ve fought the lawā€¦ I just like playing a devils advocate and get some discussion. There has got to be at least one lawyer in the shadows

3 Likes