Closed for good

Closed for good

13 Likes

Hey man, Iā€™d like to subbadubbdub to this thread (follow along). Enjoying the read so far man. Great strains you got going. Seems we deal with similar grow conditions with the un-climate controlled space. Certainly has its challenges. Also run the 12/12 at night and also should do a portable ac. Just not sure I have the amperage to spare. Iā€™d say go check out my grow thread but I sorta killed it when I had to bust my grow down a while back due to unforseen events. Became disillusioned because of that and quit posting my own grow and merely lurking. I should fire it back up because I do have some cool grow stuff to report. Heck, maybe I will! Anyway, your post struck me as something I should check out. I was also USAF, but donā€™t claim vet status. Clinton years, never deployed, and took an early out due to base closure. Got the GI Bill and went to college. Loved the outdoor scenery you posted. I live in quite a scenic place and hike/bike daily. Sorry to ramble, but welcome and thanks for sharing. Shuttin up now.

5 Likes

Welcome!

I know perfectly well about getting disillusioned. Thatā€™s kind of why I posted a journal finally myself, itā€™s almost a way of keeping tabs on myself and forcing me to check in, if you know what I mean? I would love to be one of the reasons why you jumped back in with a journal, so please, let me know when you do!

Yeah, I really would.love one of those Mr.Cool DIY splits, but I would have to do so much work lol, and Iā€™m not the most mechanically inclined tbh, haha. The portable Ac rhough just needs a little hole in the wall with a hole saw that attaches to a drill, and even my dumb mechanical brain can pick that up! Still, it took me a lot of reading to understand how to set it up so itā€™s working like itā€™s intended, and I still donā€™t truly understand if it will be good enough, but I will just have to see from doing it.

Youā€™re definitely a vet if you volunteered to join the armed forces to me. Thereā€™s so many different jobs and skills that we learn in the military, and no matter what, if a situation had occurred that you were needed to be a rifleman or what have you, you would have done it. I actually got out of my contract a little early as well, when they were doing the sizing down in 2013-2015 time periodā€¦many of the vets from the 80s and 90s I have met only did 2-3 year contracts anyway, it was a product of the time. Theres no reason to think youre less of a vet for never deploying, to me, its more like, the government didnt get a chance to screw you up more with their political wars.

If you have never gotten assistance through the VA and need help with that, Iā€™m your man as well, and you can PM me if you want. Iā€™ve assisted about 30 vets with getting their ducks in a row and service connected. Kind of my rebellious nature, always taking on the man, and it makes me happy to see people get what they deserve.

I can ramble with the best of them so, yeah, feel free to check in anytime brother, and I would love to follow in your journal when you get back up and running!
Thanks for the compliments!

11 Likes

All caught up and up to speedā€¦ Iā€™ll be following along quietly from the corner :slight_smile:

Good vibes coming your way!

3 Likes

Awesome, welcome my friend! :peace_symbol:

Hope you enjoy some of the tunes I got playing, the garden seems to shine with new light when I start up the old tape player :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Donā€™t we all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Closed for good

12 Likes

Is your cat a Tonkinese we had one, same stripes but the face was a bit more pointed like a Burmese.

1 Like

Idk tbh my friend, we got him from a shelter when he was about 6 or 7 months I believe. Heā€™s my favorite(donā€™t tell the others) and he follows me around like a dog. Heā€™s more grey/white, heā€™s usually outside lying in the dirt all day and itā€™s a bad photo, idk if that makes a difference

Iā€™m about to start fostering some babies from a local no-kill shelter. I canā€™t wait for the chaos to ensue haha.

I was just checking out your journal last night, lots of good stuff over there. Thanks for checking in :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yeah he definitely looks like a blue tabby tonkinese.

They are definitely a more friendly, or less aloof, than most cat breeds. Ours was like a dog as well, it would play fetch, and follow my daughter around everywhere. If you wanted to know where the cat was, you just shouted for my daughter and it would be with her lol.

Glad you found something interesting in my thread there is lots of what not to do lol.

1 Like

That description is spot on for him! Cool, now I have some stuff to go read about my boy! Thanks.

Haha, yeah, I saw there was quite a lot of opinions and
ANd sharing, but it works out for sure to help people like me learn. I love that DIY tester drying cabinet lol.

Youā€™re making me want to grow potatoes for sure haha.

:peace_symbol:

1 Like

Closed for good

13 Likes

Check out some research on anxiety in children and the and gut and brain microbes.
Kinda cutting edge research.

Also Theanine works well for me on bad days.

Good luck brother!

2 Likes

hey doc, loving your grow and the slices of your life that you share as well. very cool and thatā€™s also some gorgeous scenery you get to take in.

iā€™m curious about your vape, does it last you long enough on the trail? i have a crafty+, and i swear after vaping through maybe a half dozen small capsules, the thing dies on me. that wouldnā€™t last me all day outdoors at all.

i read that youā€™re using happy fox. iā€™ve actually been impressed with the root growth from the happy frog soil versus the ocean forest i was using for my first grow. iā€™ll probably pick up another bag to see how it does. i think i did notice more bugs in my grow area after i started using the happy frog though. nothing that some neem oil sprays and neem/karanja top dress canā€™t handle though (at least so far).

aww man @Cbizzle, i hope you do fire your grow journal back up. everyone has their own perspective to bring to growing, and you never know who in the future might be travelling a similar path to you and they could learn from what you share. or hey, at least itā€™s cool to look back on it and think ā€œoh yea, i did that!ā€

i did that the other day with my grow journal. i went back to the beginning and surfed through to look at the pictures and just marvelled at how things have progressed.

2 Likes

Thanks, I will look into it. The gut is definitely connected to our brains. Hangry is one of the easiest examples to see, even if itā€™s not truly an emotion :wink:

I have read about the Theanine but never actually grabbed any to try. However, if you think it helps though with the anxiety, I will pick some.up tmrw.

Currently I just had a C&P exam for the VA, so I have gone through the anxiety all the way into a depression spell. Just existing, and not really present, emotionally numb, with a huge helping of irrational anger so Iā€™m willing to try anything to get me out of the funk.

Anyway, thanks for the tip, and checking in. I appreciate you! :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I know I am selling what is already sold, meaning you understand here.

But, think about a craving when a woman is pregnant.
But guys donā€™t get pregnant and they have cravings.
I suspect it may be microbe sending signals to the brain so they get sent, what they need, for what they are doing.

We know for sure all our cells can communicate on a small level.
I do not feel it is unrealistic that to keep our bodies in balance microbes send signals to the subconscious brain to request things.

Pretty safe stuff, I was taking a teaspoon per day for a bit.
FYI it is not water-solubleā€¦LOL

Please use caution and good judgment here, as I know you will, at that time Theanine was not new to me and I may have built somewhat of a tolerance without knowing, so start slow and work up slowly too.

Peace
Shag

1 Like

Yeah the Happy Frog is nice, but too expensive for sure. I found a local landscaping company that has basically the same product for 12$ for a 2 cubic foot bag, so Iā€™ve just been using up the last of my HF. It IS very nice though if you can swallow the cost.

Yeah, so I have two vapes currently, the DynaVap, which uses a lighter and is super simple and effective, but more like a one hitter. I would definitely recommend at least getting the M, which is 50$ and trying it out, thereā€™s an entire universe built around its following, Reddit has a huge sub for it.

The second wood vape is a Milaana, and it uses replaceable batteries. I just take 2 batteries with me on hikes, and it also uses capsules. It unregulated so you just hold the button and it has full power, you regulate it with your draw of breath.

Iā€™ve had a Mighty, itā€™s probably the best for pack a bowl and get high, especially for non-vapers. The battery was already small on the Mighty so I couldnā€™t imagine the Crafty lol.

I used to have a volcano, havenā€™t used a desktop vape in a long while though, those bags would devastate you though haha.
I have used the Arizer Solo 2, itā€™s a tank.

Ummm thereā€™s alot out there, really, I would try the M for portable and even for at home use, itā€™s a 10mm so if you have any pipes or bongs with that size joint you can cool your vape Even more. Use it dry though, water will filter your vapor a little too well :upside_down_face:

thereā€™s a sub reddit called Ent Market Place and itā€™s a good way to get used vapes for cheaper, lots of people collect them like we do our seeds hahah :rofl:

1 Like

Roger that, I will start slow lol. I heard it helps alot with people when they use caffeine, thatā€™s where I had first heard of it.

I actually stopped using caffeine except one coffee/espresso drink on Sunday mornings because I have been having such bad anxiety. Iā€™m getting back on the medicine here soon, it just takes forever to get an appointment through the VA.

I didnā€™t even think about the cravings being connected with the pregnancy brain, makes alot of sense. Thank you for this, I think Iā€™m going to do some research into it for real, it seems like another tool that I can use, and also advise others with. We still have so much to learn about the human body. An entire universe of knowledge contained in these bones, we just havenā€™t been able to study it properly yet it feels like.

Much love! :heart:

2 Likes

Yes, bacteria in the gut and brain can make hormones to create cravings for the food they like to eat.

Grains especially corn and wheat that is gmo, and heavily sprayed with pesticides, herbicides and fungicide causes leaky gut syndrome, allowing bacteria through the blood gut barrier and inot the blood stream, where they will roam around the body, setting up home where ever the nutrients they like mostly accumulate.

As a lot of glucose is used by the brain, you will find a lot of the bad bacteria there feeding on it and causing havoc. A lot of neurological problems are now being recognized as being caused by bad bacteria setting up home in the brain after getting through the blood brain barrier usually connected with MSG and gluten, you can actually watch brain cells dying on mass, after eating something with MSG, on a brain scanner.

2 Likes

How to fix the issues then, besides cutting that out? Prebiotic or Probiotics?

2 Likes