Closet Chronicles : Growing With Mr.Sparkle 2019

Day 57 F

Yeah its done, just consuming itself now thats it been running on straight water, so i’ll be chopping shortly.

Day 33/24/9/0

Switched over to maxibloom running at 1100ish µS at the moment, some of the seedling are straggling for whatever reason but will probably pull the stragglers, and we have some new seedlings today.

25 Likes

You leaving the flowers with seeds though until they’re ready right?

2 Likes

A single branch that was heavily pollinated yes I’ll be leaving that… But I found some end of life last ditch effort pollen sacs last night on the plant, so I’m now doubtful I’ll even use the seeds when they are done so oh well shit happens.

11 Likes

Day 59 F

Well found it on its side this morning, res was going dry and caused the plant to be even more top heavy, so it got the chop. Keeping the one branch to allow the seeds on it to ripen a bit more even if i probably wont use them cause the late stage herming, but oh well, oh and @Grease_Monkey weight is 325g wet for the chopped stuff so should be around 70ish grams dried not including the seeded branch.

Day 35/26/11/2

Still playing with levels and pH starting values and the older seedling are doing so so, but ill get it worked out hopefully.

19 Likes

That’s awesome, heavy little plant lol

5 Likes

Well lets wrap up the previous year of growing.

Grew a lot of plants this last year failed a bunch but also learnt a lot in the process.

Made some pollen, to make some seeds in which i shared with the community for fun.

Tried my hand at LECA “hydroton” as a media, and learned what a true root bound situation can do issue wise when the media can’t move.

Gain experience in how roots and plants react when they face obstacles they can’t easily go through. And ran some trials on various grades of coco to test out my thoughts on it.

Grew out quite a few plants in all the playing, making for some nice bud here and there.

Dialed in my space more, and swapped out my lights to some Viable and Cheaper Alternatives…

Tried making bubble hash for the first time, and all my normal resin and rosin making i did this year.

And worked toward making an auto from a photoperiod cross, just to experience the actual process of it.

And shared and participated with all the other good people here :wink: and tried a bunch of different things in the process.

So wrapping this thread up and i’ll post a link to the new thread once i start it.

Here’s to more good people, experiences, and learning opportunities in 2020 im looking forward to it :blush:

27 Likes

That’s the best retrospective I’ve seen yet, very well done.

It’s been an interesting journey for those of us following along, too. Thank you for that.

Best wishes for the new year! :fireworks:

9 Likes

It looks like you had a successful year, it will be interesting to see what you get upto in the new thread

7 Likes

I have Dark Devil x Red Cherry Berry completely untested… :wink:

:champagne: :tophat: @Mr.Sparkle: keeping us all humble :smile:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

I’m not even close to finishing this thread yet but I have started and already taken some notes thanks for sharing much appreciated happy growing in 2020 and now I have to rush this one so I can start the new one :laughing:

3 Likes

Look forward to the next chapter in the Mr Sparkle saga

3 Likes

Loved it all Sir! Thanks for a great year! Its been a lot of fun and always learning! Happy New Year and Magical Green Thumb Juju to ya!

4 Likes

Enjoyable, Mr. Sparkle. I wish I knew more about some of the things I am looking at here.

1 Like

Thanks everyone, i appreciate the comments and even though i said i was wrapping this thread up, im gonna do another post just as it makes more sense to drop it here than in a new thread once i get that going.

To @invisible in regards to how little you need bud wise to make some seed, i wanted to post this as an example.

The following bud is just the top of the one branch i pollinated heavily, Its a bit bigger than the size of my thumb as you can see and some seeds had already been shaken off, but from a bud around that size i got a bit over a hundred seeds off of it, which would allow anyone to play for awhile if they did it themselves.

Saying and showing that and due to my disregard and “ain’t care” attitude when pollinating i may… of over shot my target of 50 - 100 or more seeds lol by a factor of 15-30x…

LOL oh well by weight should be around 1500 seeds, will run some but not really planning on using them due to the late nanners they threw, as that’s not something i want to carry on genetically, but i still want to see if roughly 25% of these will express the auto trait as i have never actually done a photo/auto cross and worked back to being an auto, so something to play with this year just for that alone…

19 Likes

100 seeds from that tiny nug… I definetly did somthing wrong when I made seeds lol a 7 gram plant gave me 15. And i had a fan blowing pollen directly at the female, I’m guessing my extraction fan snagged most of the pollen before it reached the bud

4 Likes

also depends on how ready the bud sites are for pollen these were pretty far along in relative terms so lots of opportunities, where as doen early not much gets hit

6 Likes

I will keep that in mind for next time… for my first attempt I was just happy to get a few viable femmed seeds!

** edit. How far into flowering were they when they got pollenated?

3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle Thanks for thaking the time to post your results from the self pollinated plant. It’s very helpful and gives me hope that I too can replicate the process.

Thas a whole lotta seeds and would be more than enough for me and my medication needs once I find the strains that work.

Extras I would gift as I see a lot of that happeing in this community.

Very interested to follow along your journey of turning a photo to an auto. There would be some CBD strains that I would one day like to do the same with, that’s if they aren’t done by then which is highly likely :slight_smile:

1 Like

had to look above but week 5 of flower is when they got pollinated

3 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing your projects here with us Mr sparkle! It’s a great thread to watch…

I’m growing in 1 gallon of hydroton (start to finish), and I’d be interested to hear what you learned about growing in it. I see you use real micro pots and it seems to work great. Did you not like the hydroton?

3 Likes