Closetgrowth's "Old School" Grow pictures!... Past and Present! :)

Hey Bro… How come you aint doing the buckets?? lol

2 Likes

Never tried it, but I just might one day soon

1 Like

Easier than soil, without a doubt! I’m surprised you never got into the dwc scene. I thought you messed with it back in the day. Hmm… Well, if your temps aren’t in check, and you dont have good tap, or at least filtered, soil is the only option. Personally, Im not into playing with dirt. But, living in the back roads of the country makes things very difficult. It takes me a 1/2 hour just to buy a coke at the nearest store! But, I can pretty much do whatever I want out here. Gotta do what I gotta do, ya know. My filtered water looks crystal clear, and the ppm is near zero… But, I still get much better grows from tap water. It has everything a plant needs, especially calcium and magnesium. My contest winners, or the gals that made it into High Times, and Cannabis culture magazine, were brought up on tap water under the KISS method… May give the filtered water one last try, and see what happens. I owe it to myself. Had a mighty rough year. :expressionless:

3 Likes

You got some good friends. That’s awesome. It’s cool to see something you put together be so adored. It’s nice just to get to see your work. Keep the shiny side up. Be safe bro. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Hey Baltimore! :slight_smile: Nice to see ya. I appreciate the words bro. :slight_smile:

Just trying to keep it together. Its not easy, But somehow Im managing.

Sure liked the pics you posted… Some crazy phat ass buds right dare!! Thanks!

Ya, I miss the good old days when the tap water was nearby, in a sink…LOL

Today, Things are a whole lot different. But, Ill get it dialed in yet.

The temps are in the high 60’s, and that by itself puts a smile on my face. Have a nice day! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Man, sure craving the DWC folks!.. :heart_eyes:

Im getting real tired of the rather “slow growth rate” running soil indoors. Just not my thang!.. I like seeing my plants grow like their on Steroids! haha If you ever grew in DWC, or Hydroponics, you would know what Im talking about. I’m spoiled after experiencing deep water culture,… Its Crazy fast!! :sunglasses::+1:

The whole process is ultra simple. And the best part, its ultra “CLEAN!” and affordable… :blush:

Each run cost me about 10 bucks in food(Jack’s Hydro Nutes & Calcium nitrate), and maybe $150 in electricity. Veg-flower :astonished:

I managed to get at least 2 pounds per run every single time from 8 buckets… Thats every 52 days folks! :smile:

Yup, I think Im gonna setup another 5 gallon bucket and use my filtered well water, and see what happens. Have to give it another chance. :relaxed:

Temps are low enough, 59 degree’s outside, 68 inside. … I see a green light! :grinning:

This style of growing is my specialty!.. Might as well take advantage of the cooler month’s… On with the show!!! :smile:

Past grow>… Setting up 8 buckets… Look at the water bubbling away! Its because Im using a high output 280 watt air pumpAir stones? NEVER!! :laughing:

8 Likes

Psyched out!, … and getting it together. The wife is at work, so might as well get this project on the road!.. BTW, My girl does not like ANY dirt in the house. Another plus for DWC!!.. :wink:

I have the donor Glass Slipper, bucket, clay hydro balls, and all that. Gonna clean out the bucket with some dawn dish washing detergent, and soak the clay balls for a few minutes… Gotta be clean!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Since a DWC bucket requires about 4 gallons of water per 5 gallon bucket… We need to run a hydroponic filter from the well spicket… Or else I’ll have to drive to the Daughter In laws over, and over!.. I gets old, and very expensive. Gas is over 3.00 a gallon where Im at, And she lives a great distance away… So, this is the water filter I use. I wanna grow quality cannabis as simple, and as cheap as possible. Remember, Im running (2) 1000 watt eye hortilux hps lights…One in the veg room, and one in flower…It adds up! cha ching! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alrighty then. We carefully removed the donor Glass Slipper from its pot.

There will be alot of soil on the root mass, so you must carefully rinse off all the dirt from the roots.

Your gonna laugh at my procedure… I simply take my plant and put it in the toilet, and flush once, or twice. Im not joking folks!! LOL It removes all sediment from the root mass. And submerge the plant in the toilet water, if you think that bugs/mite may be a problem. The cold water will kill everything, except for the plant! Sounds strange I know. But, it really works!! :laughing:

This plant/clone was snipped off a GS that was in severe heat… It will come back just fine, and with flying colors!..The leaves may look a bit funny at this time, But, This is hydroponics my friend!.. no worries…

s

7 Likes

Take some of your thoroughly washed clay balls, and pour some into a netpot… Just enough to cover the bottom…

Ok, now gently put the clone in the netpot, and fill the netpot with the clay balls.

Ok, great job! The hard part is overwith!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Now, fill your 5 gallon DWC bucket with tap water, or filtered well water, or RO. You will need to fill the bucket until the water touches the bottom of the netpot… Which is approximately 4 gallons. The good thing about the Jack’s Hydroponic nutes & calcium nitrate is that it has enough of calcium and magnesium from the get go. Its the all in one!.. No worries.

6 Likes

Ok, i forgot to say something folks… On your bucket, you wanna drill a small 1/8th inch hole near the rim of the bucket… This is the hole that will be used for the air hose.

Ok, here’s what I do. I hook up the hose to my GH dual diaphragm air pump, and feed it through the hole… I take a small airstone and place the hose around the outside of the stone, and zip tie it around the stone…

Dont squish the hose, just make sure its firmly in place around the air stone… This is how the hose stays at the bottom of your bucket… Air stones are something I leave out. They get clogged up all the time, and studies show that when you run an air stone in a hydro setup, the DO(Dissolved Oxygen) levels diminish within an hour… I run pump to bucket, and no attachments at the end of the hose. You’ve seen my roots, and now you know why they turn out so good! :trophy:

5 Likes

Now, for the food… These 3 items is everything you’ll ever need to achieve yields like never before! And maybe a little ph up and down… IF needed.

If your running fairly good tap water, or filtered, or RO, you may not even need it. Jack’s Hydroponics nutrients is ph buffered, and will try to keep the ph in check, on its own. DO NOT add anything to this mix, or you will run into problems… Quaranteed! BIG NO NO!

Add 1/4 teaspoon of Jack’s Hydroponic nutes & the same amount for the calcium nitrate into the bucket. This is the correct dose for vegging. When you put your plant into flowering, you give them a 1/2 teaspoon of both… Thoroughly Mix “one” at a time, and never combine together, or precipitation will occur. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Man, I cant believe I have posted all of this!..Im seriously baked!! … Now I know why all my friends ask for the Glass Slipper! Sheesh!! LOL! :grin:

Ok, on with the tutorial… :slight_smile:

Ok, for the next step, you will want to buy a ph/ppm meter. You can buy these meters on ebay, or amazon, or where ever. Personally, I went with the nutradip Grow Boss. It shows the current ph, temp, and nutrient levels. Once you have the meter in your hands, you will have to calibrate it with 7.0 calibration fluid. Follow their instructions that comes with the meter. Very simple as well.

Take the probe and dip it into the buckets nutrient rich water. You will see that the ph will read between 5.7-5.9, if your water is good. If you see a reading out of this range, you will need to put a few drops of either ph up or down until the meter reads approximately 5.8 which is optimal. If you dont have the ph correct, you will run into a shit load of problems. Also, Make sure you calibrate your meter at least once a month. :slight_smile:

FYI: My Nutrient/temp probe went bad… Thats why there is no reading I’ll have to replace it… But really not crucial, as long as you feed your girls like I mentioned earlier.

5 Likes

Sweet. Haha I planted the bucket seed in your head huh? Lol glad I did, you run a bucket like no one else man, and keep it nice and simple. Can’t wait to see thos blinding MASSIVE white root balls.

1 Like

Now for the maintenance… :wink:

Make sure you keep the nutrient water level within an inch of the bottom of the netpot each, and everyday. Or else you will burn up your plants with excess food, or ppm’s… And you add only Tap, Filtered, or RO water with no nutrients. Just pure water.

After 7 days, you will then dump out the bucket, and add nutrients like I showed you earlier. THATS IT FOLKS!! EASY AS CAN BE!!

That wasnt so bad! Have a great day OG!! :v::grinning:

6 Likes

Hahahahah! YOU SURE DID!!! :laughing:

1 Like

My power goes out too much in the winter to do any buckets or ebb n flows, or I’d be all over it.

1 Like

Yah, we seem to run into the same problem Rock… But, the last 2 years, not one problem. No Guts, No Glory. Set up a single bucket bro!.. Cmon man… You wont be sorry. :innocent:

1 Like

1 would just screw me up, it would have to be all or nothing

1 Like