Closetgrowth's "Old School" Grow pictures!... Past and Present! :)

I hear ya there. Im done playing in dirt… Ridiculous. I wanna rip these girls out, and GIT-R-DONE!! Life is too short for soil!! LOL :joy:

1 Like

Dirt is ok for regular houseplants, tomatoes, or an outdoor grow… But, I’ll tell you this much,…Once the hydro bug bites you, and you realize how much cleaner your house stays, you will never go back to soil ever again. Im just sick and tired of driving one of my hot rods over 100 miles to buy dirt, or grab tap water for my grows…Unfortunately, in the summertime, its my ONLY option. A cheap setup like mine will yield at least 4 zips a bucket… More like 5 when Im growing the slipper. That aint bad at all. Pretty much double the yield over soil. Way less work. :wink:

1 Like

So to scrog with dwc, you’d have to have a little spigot in the bottom of the buckets eh? And have the buckets tilted a bit and on something so you could have the spigot on the very bottom, to get all the water out for bucket change? Would need to have some sort of water level gauge on the bucket too huh? Can you just fill the buckets through the net pots, or does that mess with the roots?
Ya got my wheels turning here man.

1 Like

You can add a spigot on the side of a reservoir/bucket to empty if you want… Or you can take off the lid,… set the lid, with your plants unto a toilet seat, or wherever…lol … Empty the buckets into a drain, or use on houseplants,. or whatever, and replenish with fresh nutes… Pop the lid back into place, and call it a day. The scariest/hardest part of hydro is “just doing it”… Very easy procedure. DWC hydro will blow you away! WAY easier than dirt. :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

Well for scrog, you can’t move it, cause it’s under a net

1 Like

If I were to do it, I would do 4. 2 in veg and 2 in flower, and scrog the ones in flower

1 Like

Well in that case, you’ll be using a tote. But, I suppose you could run a bucket scrog… and yes, a spiket will work fine. Or you could buy a cheap electric pump… That’ll make the job way easy…I have one that I use when I cant remove the lids in flower(Plant that is too big)… Its Extremely difficult to guide a “Monster” unto a toilet seat when its 5 feet tall! …lol

2 Likes

Here’s a hydro plant in action!.. Ready? :grinning:

2 Likes

Aight Dawg,… Gotta pump that old Iron…Today is chest, and Im gonna hit it hard!.. We’ll chat later. Now, dont lose that train of thought! Repeat after me>… “HYDRO KICKS ASS” :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

Some great info man. Looks fairly straight forward. I’ve never tried it before. Maybe I should try 1 bucket for fun. :v:

2 Likes

Wow, I thought you might of done this shit, at one time, or another… That kind of surprises me.

I think all soil growers should at least give it a try., And see where it goes. Deep Water Culture is AMAZING! :grinning:

There are other styles of hydroponics, that aren’t quite as good as dwc… Dwc buckets are the easiest to grow in, easiest to clean, without a doubt!

Aeroponics is not bad, but then you have to worry about the misters/sprayers clogging up etc…

Ebb and flow is so so. But if the pump dies, so do your plants.

With dwc hydro, you wont have much to worry about except for keeping the water level in check everyday…The roots are submerged in the nutrient solution at all times.

I remember a time when our electricity went out for 3 whole days at my other house…Plants survived without any issues… So, there is a safety net.

Anyone who tries dwc hydro usually likes it. Plain and simple. :+1:

Only time I see problems in hydro is when a grower mixes 2 or 3 different things into the nutrient solution to combat one specific problem, which in turn makes a bunch of new problems appear! …

Or they run these weak ass 10 dollar air pumps, and wonder why they have root rot, or slime,… then they add bleach or hydrogen peroxide! Good God!! More problems!!.. See it ALL the time. Makes me wanna SCREAM! … Pisses me off! :rage:

3 Likes

Sorry Rock, I forgot to answer a few of your questions… You can make a small water gauge that protrudes from where your spiket resides…Or simply lift the lid slightly to see where your nutrient level is at… You will have enough of “play” even if your doing a scrog… And yes, you can fill your buckets through the net pots if you wish…

1 Like

Wrong thread, I know… But, I Had to show ya all my “Passion Fruit” roots… This plant has been vegging in dwc for only 5 days! …

This plant is loving its nutrients, oxygen, and the intense rays of a 1000 watt hps light…Cant get this kind of root growth in soil…

She’s moving right along! :grinning:

3 Likes

3 Likes

Passion Fruit roots… Looooking goood! :grinning:

3 Likes

Couple of Juvenile “Glass Slipper” plants about to get transplanted into their final home… A 5 gallon bucket. :grinning:

2 Likes

Well, Have all the candidates planted in their permanent homes now… Have 2 Hydro plants which is the Glass Slipper, and the Passion Fruit, and 3 Glass Slippers in soil. These girls will all be moved under my 1000 watt hps in a while to initiate the flowering process… For now, they’ll remain under another thouie in the veg room. Ill keep em there til’ i feel their ready to bloom… :grinning: :+1:

**Here are the last 2 Glass Slipper’s that I just transplanted a few minutes ago in their very own 5 gallon buckets…A little in shock, but will snap out of it. The roots were coming outta the holes on the bottom of the smaller pots they were in…lol **

3 Likes

Alrighty… Got my Sunday “to do” List tackled!.. Time for a puff!!.. Momma had to do some extra work today,… and wont be home for a couple of hours.
Just me, and my Dog… lol

6 Likes

And here are the same 2 Glass Slipper plants, after getting some rest. Looks as if their both out of their transplant shock… Yup, pretty much back to normal… :smile:

Passion Fruit roots in DWC Bubbler

**Full house!.. NO MORE!! **

3 Likes

High @CLOSETGROWTH, thanks for the tuto, my second grow was DWC and never had same results on soil :sweat:, way too slower and feeding and pH problems …

I was thinking on going back but on RWDC, just controlling a simple deposit looked more easier for me, even if the pump is coitus they still have water, don’t they?

Appreciate all your detailed explanations, it’s much easier than soil, hope it becomes a trend in this site, cheers …

2 Likes