Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

And I could flip ya a few more for a run

4 Likes

@Jamescoldflame

I have grown RSC Mazar-i-Sharif I-Sharif and they can grow 2 feet of stem in 10 days. I just spray them and coil the stem below soil of solo cup until 5 blade leaves develop. They can grow 16 feet but I keep mine below 4feet due to grow room limits. Raw beans are not popular but this is a beautiful nonsleepy hash plant.

Pix of ladies from 2 different runs of RSC Mazar-i-Sharif:

23 Likes

cuts or cash haha :slight_smile:

but maybe the best thing is running a big seed-run coop with a big open polenization to make alive this legend that is extinguishing

All the best

8 Likes

I might just do that one day! LORD willing.

5 Likes

I got some freebie blueberry sativa from antennae seeds off seedbay. Is this where that originally came from do you think?

4 Likes

What a great quote ! I like thatšŸ˜

7 Likes

Not a clue sorry. I bought mine around 2013 I think? Wish Esko would post on OG. :v:

6 Likes

Lem from alien genetics is the one I had.

4 Likes

Was it worth growing? Sorry, what is Lem?

3 Likes

Lem is the breeder, use to have the clone.
The longer it sat the better it got, big producing.
I recommend, think I have a cross of her somewhere maybe with tigers milk I did.

4 Likes

Hey @Upstate . something I learned a very long time ago from a teacher in trade school. "You donā€™t have to know everything, you just have to know where to find the answers(info., education, wisdom) your looking for. .
The answers I seek are here on overgrow in abundance. With the proper motivation and self discipline( very hard for a throwed off clown like myself) and the information so generously given from this community, someone with no knowledge of growing could become a top shelf respected breederā€¦ I took several years off from growing, but Iā€™m back. Everything I learned I learned on overgrow. There was nothing around that was as tasty as strong. As the weed I grew. I met several big famous rock and rap bands and all of their personal growers because of my weed. Now I am trying to learn to breed weed and to know the proper way to do such a thing is to study the breeders here on overgrow. This community seems to have the right knowledge and respect for the plant. As Iā€™m learning about landrace rarity and preservation. Not just chunking pollen and tagging a name on it. I love this community on overgrow.
Fuck GREED, plant a Seed, Free the Weed!

14 Likes

I have

I hope you donā€™t think that Iā€™m adverse to learning because I liked that quote. Itā€™s just that until now Iā€™ve had no one to learn from. Just MASSIVE amounts of reading and a green thumb. Iā€™ve
learned so much here already and I learn more every day!! I am very interested in proper breeding methods, as my experience is mainly in keeping a couple varieties for 20 and 30 yrs, and some crosses between the two. Iā€™m really a hands on learner, but a site like this allows me to get answers from multiple sources rapidly and accurately. I love overgrow because of the great teachers that are the members here! Iā€™m still learning my way aroung the site but I certainly love the breeders section( I think thatā€™s it) ! My goal(s) areā€¦ (1) to breed some outdoor ibls to pass down in the family using landrace stock, ( and my own two ibl varieties.) (2) To locate and explore the super sativas and mythical heirlooms of yesteryear, preserving them and breeding my own hybrids from them . Iā€™m just blue collar in a white collar family, but I have grown some kick ass weed! I would like to leave behind some sort of legacy for my family or local area. While I have grown plenty of killer plants, I was not the one responsible for making them in the first place. This is where some of my true interests lie.
Leaving behind a family heirloom or 20 would be nice!!! I wonā€™t be shy about asking questions when the time comes thatā€™s for sure! Right now Iā€™m reading on dominant and recessive traits, line breeding, punnets square ect. Some stuff is really confusing. I had to read about dominant/recessive multiple times. I still donā€™t get itšŸ˜£ (but if I take an 8 week Kashmir and cross it to some thai or zamal and grow the offspring a couple/ few yrs I would understand better how breeding works!). Where do I go on this site for such questions?here? The time will soon come when i will have many questions. I just acquired many longer flowering types that could only be done in a container indoors or in a greenhouse. One can go 25 weeks! Longest Iā€™ve gone is 12 or 13 weeks! The longest in a container is 77 days. I love yr story. I would love to smoke a big fatty of yr epic weed with you! Iā€™m glad yr here and i look forward to learning more!

6 Likes

I smoked some good hash! Apologies for that long winded repetitive post!

2 Likes

No sir @Upstate . I meant no disrespect. Not saying you have a adverse to learning. I was just telling my story so you(yā€™all) could understand where Iā€™m coming from. And a hint on knowledge. Not having to know everything, just knowing where the knowledge is.
Iā€™m starting to learn about breeding myself and the best place imho is here , breeders lab. This is where I think the best breeders are, and so far they generously answer my questions. I just donā€™t know which questions to ask yet. There will be tons of questions in due time I will ask. The further I progress. The more questions I will have. It sounds like you are more knowledgeable about breeding than I am. So Iā€™ll be asking you questions Iā€™m sure. I know I canā€™t remember all at first. Thatā€™s where bookmarks come in, Screenshots and other ways of storing info so I can go back to when needed until I have it burnt into my brain. Like you Iā€™m a hands on. Then I remember what Iā€™ve done. But Iā€™ve just started learning and Iā€™ve got a long way to go to be half as good as yā€™all are!.
Much Love and pure respect!.
TheBubbleKing
:v:

5 Likes

one day I would like to make a grow where not only me but one or two more breeders not just growers can get together and bounce ideas and knowledge around with each other. I think would be best way to learn and perfect the art. Just thinking out loud.

6 Likes

Two heads are better than one! Did you see my Kashmir co breeding project idea? Could be a great way to learn for both of us. Before I was just worried I had come off as a know it all or something.i donā€™t ever want to sound like that. Glad thatā€™s not the case! I Donā€™t want to look like some snot nosed kid lol. Everybody is great here at OG. I have followed icmag threads, but there are some " i know more than you" vibes going on over there. Still great info, but doesnā€™t feel like Iā€™m hanging out with family, like it does here, and people seem eager to share what they know.

5 Likes

No I havenā€™t seen the kashmire thread. I will read it now. And yes I love OG too. Best community ever. Family does describe the feeling I get here.

5 Likes

If your looking for some supersativa landrace @Upstate check out the Santa Maria co-op seed run and sign up for some free seeds. My first attempt at breeding. Itā€™s a preservation so itā€™ll be some inbreeding. Not for new strain. I need to learn how to put the link in my post.
Santa Maria preservation run

5 Likes

Hi @TheBubbleKing, if you want to add a link, copy the link address you want and then click the chain link icon in the header above your message.

First paste the link you copied into the first box and if you want to shorten the link address add a name to the link and post it into the second box.

That will create the working link to your thread. You could name it Santa Maria co-op thread, or anything you want. Give it a try and let me know if you have problems and I can make it. peace

4 Likes

Didnā€™t have anybody to mentor me and no clubs back in the 70ā€™s, Mel Frankā€™s and Ed Rosenthol The Marijuana Growers Bible and blood, sweat, tears, and money.

Beginners are very fortunate these days.

22 Likes