Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

No I get that it’s being hyped up. I’m expecting a tall plant, but not something unreasonable. I’m interested in the fact that it’s a fruity tasting strain that’s an autoflower. The tall height isn’t impossible from Kazakh strains. I hear there’s a 2 meter tall one that would make good breeding stock. You better believe I ask them questions before I pay anything. The 4 meter part is what made me laugh and ask them about it. If it’s not a joke I’ll be getting it for the value of a landrace recreational autoflower stock.

7 Likes

As long as you head into it with the right expectations (low) and you haven’t spent a whole lot of cash, then there’s nothing to lose really. Despite being a skeptic, I hope it’s all true!

6 Likes

It’ll cost me 25 for 5 seeds and apparently 17 free seeds😂 I’m skeptical AF

6 Likes

If you want to run em say the word.

6 Likes

Here’s the link I’m hoping is at least half truthful as occasionally I find my way extremely rare lucky shit. Finding this line from @ModicumGenes I’ve been enjoying with Booberry was a mix of luck and "I know them":joy: I just happened to look at the right time. That time I was lucky enough to get the deal I found.

I have a scary ability for morbid predictions as a first impression :grimacing: I have to learn not to joke about it or that shit seems to happen more frequently :grimacing: it’s how I choose things blindly. The one I passed on usually ends up broken if I keep an eye on it. So far nothing outside of a this might be a short plant stock prediction comes to mind luckily.

8 Likes

@MomOnTheRun, I have about ~40 seeds of Papua New Guinea landrace and 8 seeds of PNG x Tom Hill Haze. I will donate all of those if someone’s interested.

10 Likes

Cool! If your not going to trade them then put them on the list in the 1st post so people seeing this can see what all is available to run :wink:

8 Likes

I have added it to the list.

7 Likes

Ok @Craigson15 and @cogitech, @Shadey can package them up with a packaging donation and send them out to distributors for the sign ups with the money that will be reserved just for this purpose…if ya’ll are good with that then a match up has been made

10 Likes

The 1st post has been amended adding a section for match ups made so we don’t accidentally lose track of what to watch for nor answer a “million” pm’s what may be coming up :wink:

5 Likes

Sorry folks I am backing out of this one. Going to keep it between myself and the seed source for now. I can’t guarantee the amount of seeds required for this project. If I end up with a bunch I will share them willingly but find someone else if you need a guarantee.

8 Likes

All good here
Ill get to em eventually if no one else does

7 Likes

Holy fuck yeah… if these are at all related to the PNG Gold type strain we used to get in OZ about 20 years ago then IMHO this most definitely needs preserving…

11 Likes

Likewise I am more than happy to produce s fuckton of beans and pass them out to people on OG but packaging and mailing them as individual packs is a killer in oz… everything going out of the country now you have to fill in a long form and declare the exact contents AND they take your licence details along with it :frowning:

11 Likes

Here here! Wow some really great stuff being offered here. Would love to see these PNG grown.

@hush I may consider taking you up on it. I have a few months before I would be ready.

7 Likes

Man you just know that any PNG landrace is going to be about as mold and rot resistant as it’s possible to get…

Coincidentally I have a perfect patch of dirt in the far north tropics of Aus I could put some of these… only about 900 miles south of PNG with a very similar climate and something like 12 feet of monsoonal rain a year! :slight_smile: @hush I could easily whack some of these in the ground outdoors, let them seed and document how they grow unrestricted in their native tropical outdoor environment and give out the seeds… Not sure how many OG ers would practically be able to grow this landrace though… It’s going to be fkn humongous. BUT the mold/rot/disease resistance will be off the hook and that;s an awesome trait to have in this part of the world…
I got a bunch of stuff to be planting out in about 2-3 weeks so I can happily just dig a few more holes :slight_smile:
The equatorial sativa’s will typically flower in the far north of the southern hemisphere from about late January till mid May, sometimes even into mid June. and they can be planted anytime from the end of August…
I gotta say, I thought this strain was loooong dead.

21 Likes

Definetly good things in this community. I have some other older varieties I’ll donate once some of the current ones have been matched up with breeders. I’ll be watching for that ROM and PNG preservation to start excited to see both of those around still.

8 Likes

Shit I might have to rethink my packaging and sending strategy… Not Gunna hand over my licence to send a few thousand seeds between country’s.
Was going to be outrageous expensive that way anyway.

7 Likes

.> …cannabis known as ‘Niugini Gold’ is cultivated in Papua New Guinea (10). This strain of cannabis can be identified by its red stem, compact golden-yellow inflorescences (‘buds’) up to 15 cm long and a characteristic pungent smell (18). The term ‘Niugini Gold’ refers exclusively to the inflorescences of female cannabis plants that are harvested before they are fertilized and produce seeds. ‘Niugini Gold’ is without seeds and is similar to cannabis preparations known as ‘sinsemilla’ (19).

The species of cannabis in Papua New Guinea was identified by botanist E. E. Henty (20) as Cannabis sativa L. [Cannabaceæ]
(Anyone has link to his book?)
some info

This cannabis species has recently been described in the journal Science in New Guinea (21). It is an erect annual herb that
grows from one to four metres high. The leaves are palmately compound with 5 to 9 narrow-lanceolate serrate leaflets, 5 to 15 cm long. The flowers are small and greenishyellow and the male and female flowers appear on separate plants. The male flowers
are loose cymose panicles, somewhat glandular and hairy. The female flower panicles are more compact, covered densely
with resinous glandular hairs. The fruit and achene is three to four mm long and is ellipsoid and slightly flattened with two convex faces meeting in an angular rim.

Based on the taxonomic revision of the genus Cannabis Linnæus by Small and Cronquist (22), the correct nomenclature for this
species of Cannabis is Cannabis sativa L. subsp. sativa (L.) Sm. et Cron. var. novoguineensis nov. var. (18).

And a pic. the link I originaly posted was a bum steer.

Yeah, it freaked me out that’s for sure… maybe you might be better off working out a way to pack them in bulk and see if you can’t find someone stateside to do the packaging?

15 Likes

I want to thank all you donors and everyone else involved in making these runs happen. Without you all being so giving and selfless this community would not have access to these great genetics. Some have the genetics, some Have the space, some have the time, each of these runs takes this entire community to pull it off. Sappy as F but thank you all for being apart of this. :v:

24 Likes