Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

They will get where they have to go one way or another.

8 Likes

:heart_eyes: As they say, it takes a village :boom::seedling::older_man::older_woman::couple_with_heart::seedling::boom:
We have an amazing group of people here at OG :sunglasses:

18 Likes

I believe they are, but I canā€™t say for certain seeing as how Iā€™ve never been to Australia and Iā€™ve never grown these out. But thatā€™s the story as handed down to me by the guy who produced these seeds. Hereā€™s what I know:

They were collected in the Goroka highlands by my friendā€™s friend. Friendā€™s friend sent those seeds to friend who then grew them out (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341810) and reproduced seed. Some of that seed was sent to me before my divorce when it looked like I was going to be able to spend time breeding, and long story short, I now live in a tiny apartment.

So anyway, thatā€™s what I know about these genetics. I get the impression that PNG has an opportunity to be one of the next, exciting landraces to work into modern hybrids, but first it needs to be preserved a bit more. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m offering them up. I know that Luis at Ace has these seeds as well, so at the very least I expect Iā€™ll be able to grow these genetics out when theyā€™re worked a bit and possibly crossed with a touch of PCK and posted to Aceā€™s R&D section of their website, but for now, these seeds are just being wasted in my possession. They are being stored in optimal conditions along with the rest of my seeds, so no worries there.

18 Likes

Cheers to someone propagating these landrace PNGs. They sound like itā€™d be a crazy ride.

12 Likes

Sooooo @Jjm there are a lot of different offeringsā€¦ anything pique your interest ?

3 Likes

Oooooh I gets to choose???

3 Likes

May as wellā€¦select the one your most interested in then pm the donator to work out the details and go from there :wink:

4 Likes

Ok @MomOnTheRun!! I also got a stardog cross from Bohdiā€™s fundraiser while back. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen it for sale anywhere and be happy to donate that too if anybody has an Interest and itā€™s really a discontinued strain.

16 Likes

Hey all.

I would like to sign up for this if that is cool with everyone?? Unfortunately for some weird reason it wonā€™t let me edit the post and add my nameā€¦ also I am assuming that these PNG sativa are only really going to be remotely feasible if grown outdoorsā€¦
These will be loooong flowering plants so even IF I was to get them in the ground right now there is no way I could get these done by March, so it would have to be for September.

My plan is to be planting an outdoors patch in about 3 weeks, So as long as @hush and I can work something out and the beans manage to get here unmolested I can start this going sooner rather than laterā€¦ ā€¦

16 Likes

Ohhhh looking forward to seeing some FNQ PNG grown.

8 Likes

@slain
@hush
If you cant run all 40 of em and yā€™all are down to split the pack, Iā€™d love to help out with this one. Iā€™ll wet em the day I get em, run em next to my Mango Thaiā€™s.

15 Likes

Good point bro, if germ rates are ok then I wouldnā€™t be using any more than 15 anywayā€¦ if they grow out to the reported 4 meters they are supposed to then even one decent female is going to have thousands of beans on itā€¦ I might aim to see if I can get about 5 all the way throughā€¦ This is one to look forward for meā€¦ Getting to grow and see a true landrace strain do itā€™s thing in an environment almost identical the one it originally comes from is pretty cool and not something you get to see every day.

14 Likes

Yeah dude, that would be a sight to behold.

Go out first thing in the morning as the first rays of sun start to dry the dew off the trichomes, with the whole plant sparking. Dude, thatā€™s some bucket list level shit right there. :+1:

:vulcan:

15 Likes

Be nice to see these grown out in different areas and see how environment changes them. Where in the world is @DiggySoze located (to the nearest continent)?

3 Likes

Iā€™m at right up the road from 42.0N -71.0W, :grin: no pure sativas finishing outdoors here.
Would be indoors under led with UVB supplement, grown to sexual maturity in living soil. 100-150mm clones straight into flower should finish just about a meter tall.

7 Likes

Argghhh I gotta build a big greenhouse one of these days!!!
Would love to have my 4 ā€˜recreationalā€™ plants be 10-13 ft ers eh! Lol In southern Ontario here I can build shelters and get 8ft ers into the first wk of November but no later than that as we had 2ft of snow on Nov 12th or so.

13 Likes

Man I have been thinking about a small greenhouse myself. If I managed to start them early and can keep them later in fall here in Manitoba might get something I have to look up to.

7 Likes

Managed to eventually find a shot of some PNG Gold in full flowerā€¦

Hmmm tasty :slight_smile:

33 Likes

Damn. Thatā€™s a beast. Gonna be tough to run that indoor.

3 Likes

Lol yeah manā€¦ it would be almost impossible to control I indoors I reckon., still worth a go? Some of these equatorial strains have a habit of being almost semi autoflower, i.e. they just start flowering almost from the get go. I have seen Thai plants do this a number of timesā€¦ I figure it must be an adaption from acclimatizing to an an area that basically just has one long summer and light hours never get to 12/12? It will be interesting to see if that is the case with theseā€¦
Thinking I am going to have to put a couple of Malawi/Panama and some mama Thai next to them so we can all get comparison.

9 Likes