Co-op Strain Donations and Breeder Match Ups

It would be great to see them repro’d for OG! @catapult would it break your heart if @Kushking902 ran these? He has the time now…
When you are ready for a run this fall, I’ll personally help you find something good to run. There are lots of choices listed and I have a very large list of potentials myself that are not listed…

8 Likes

I was gonna put my hand up for these when I had room if no one else did. I’m not catapult, lol, but I support this notion!

4 Likes

Have you seen the list at the top of this thread? Is there anything else in particular you were looking for? @Eagles009

4 Likes

Not particularly no, I personally am partial to skunky, funky, unique plants. But I am open to doing something that excites the right people here even if it wasn’t my cup of tea. I have smoked plenty of fruity buds with great taste and nice highs as well.

This is all a bit down the line anyway. I won’t be ready for a couple months. Just keeping my eyes open in the mean time.

I have checked out the list at the top, not recently, but a couple months back. I’m rather uneducated as far as strains, history, pedigree, etc. So when the time comes I will lean on y’all as to what to run.

7 Likes

I didn’t want to step on any toes if it was talked about for someone else to run.

5 Likes

No worries from my end, if kushking or someone else wants to run the skunk sooner than I would be avail. That’s great, I support that fully.

8 Likes

@catapult…Thanks. Very OG of you. When the time comes, we’ll find you something good. I promise. Check out the list from up above, and if you don’t see anything, let me know. It looks like you enjoy sativas there’s lots of them floating around OG.
@Kushking902 if you have the time now, its yours to run.

7 Likes

@Upstate thanks for coordinating this. I do like sativa’s a lot, but really I like to mix it up even more. From the list, I would say the Darkstar and the Blue Geez grab my eye off the bat.

2 Likes

I’m all over it! This is exciting!!

5 Likes

How do I sign up for that?

3 Likes

There are 2 options.

You can get in touch with any of the breeders that have posted packs for donation in the first post. It will be up to them to decide if they want to work with you on that project.

Or you can add your name to the “Potential Breeders” list. Then members who have a strain they want to donate for preservation will be able to contact you if they want to work with you on a project.

Because you inquired I will go ahead and add your name to this list for you.

The first post is a wiki, so any members who are prepared to volunteer to take on a preservation breeding project can feel free add their name here.

12 Likes

How up to date is this. I think things are being posted elsewhere sadly.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

It’s probably not up to date on any of the current projects. It would be nice if people posted current and upcoming projects here.

right now, this is more of a list of potential projects and donors.

If anyone has a pack they are thinking of donating or a project in the works, please feel free to post in the wiki at the top.

7 Likes

Think I was the last one to add to this list and I’m currently running them now. Doesn’t seem to be much interest in preserving/growing any of these strains. Wondering if growers lack capacity or are scared to fudge it up.

Would think people would jump at the chance to grow some of these, they’d all be seeded but one can take cuts for themselves and do whatever after.

:man_shrugging:t4::man_shrugging:t4::man_shrugging:t4:

11 Likes

The bottleneck effect, also known as a population bottleneck, is when a species goes through an event that suddenly and significantly reduces its population. … The individuals that survive have greatly reduced genetic diversity compared to the original population since fewer individuals means there are fewer genotypes.

4 Likes

I put some malana seeds in wet earthworm castings yesterday

5 Likes

Just added 2 packs of Bodhi - Goji OG F1’s to the list if any wants to F2 these for the community.

25 Likes

I always forget about this thread

2 Likes

I’d ask @nube to do it.maximum effort would be put in.

8 Likes

I’d be honoured to do this if I meet the criteria. I’m planning on hitting my current plants (Sherbert x Irene Kush by CSI and a 2:1 CBD:THC strain called Peach Puree) with Doug Dawson’s PPP pollen and documenting/donating the seeds if all goes well and the pollen is still viable! I’ve been waiting for Sebring to get back to me on some other potential runs in his thread but other than that I have the time, space and desire to F2 Goji OG as it’s been one I’ve always been interested in! LMK!

10 Likes