Coffin_Dodger's Continuous Chronicles of Cultivating Chaos

Out of likes for a couple of hours ! The groundhog greets you every day!

so take some of this :heart: :heart: :heart: for you write up :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Looks about 7 beans, just letting 'em warm up out of the fridge a bit now. We run a 4-site RDWC, so that gives us about a 75% margin-of-shit-goes-south, or so. The sites are 13 gallon buckets, the system runs at about 35 gallons or so.

Kratky doesn’t sound too effective for cannabis- except for maybe a 55-gallon drum, I’d think off the top of my head. :man_shrugging: I think it’s proven most effective on non-flowering plants, though some squash and beans do well in it, also. Longer living plants pose some issues with stagnation or depletion of solution.

Germ method will be a bath in purified water shots on the heat mat in the dark, under a dome, until we get some nice taps. Then into Root Riots.

Thanks for the great (and damned fast) first reply on the run, bro! Looking forward to them very much based on what we’ve seen here.

Stay up
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost::raccoon:

6 Likes

I wanna say @LedZeppelin runs autos Kratky method exclusively. Could be wrong. Check it out.
I’m off to work brotha!(now I’m unsure actually😋)
:call_me_hand:t3:

4 Likes

One day I’ll have a Current Culture system… so pricey but damn it hydro just seems to have some of the best results.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with @blowdout2269’s SG.

5 Likes

@Going2fast’s SG
I just made more seeds.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I like the modular lean of the systems I’ve seen from them, for sure. And based on these lids on our old Fallponics rig, it’s a well-constructed line. The spin-tight bulk heads on ours is actually Current Culture, too, if I remember correctly.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I’d reckon it’ll be a great learning curve to tackle.

Stay up
Coffin_Dodger

1 Like

oh they’re F2’s?

3 Likes

Yesir.
I’m sure its written on your pack…
:thinking:

2 Likes

I’m sure it is… i mean… I was just testing you. lol

When we know as many people as we do doing different things with different strains it gets hard to keep up. I see now @Coffin_Dodger has it listed as F2’s forgive me no morning coffee yet and it’s my day off so waking up real slow. haha

To be fair I did think the SG was yours though! haha

3 Likes

Day off!?! Middle off the week!?!:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
You lucky dog! :rofl:
If you’re anything like me…enjoy your day of “rest”

Ok, I really gotta get to work now fella’s.
:v:t3:

3 Likes

Wow. Had to check it out, and the Kratky cannabis is not only doable, but @LedZeppelin is out there killing it. I’ll be damned. If you haven’t, do yerself a favor and check that out!:exploding_head: :star_struck: :sunglasses:

Always something amazing to see here, y’all.

Stay up
Coffin_Dodger

4 Likes

I wish I had weekends off still. I used to… but as a manager they frown on that even after 20 years. The main reason I never went to the next level of management. They own you the higher you go where I work.

Anyway… no more thread derailment sorry @Coffin_Dodger !

4 Likes

I heeear that. And the rest is why I’m only technically an assistant. No thanks has had to be driven home to them.

No worries, man. Always glad to have folks chattin’. You never know what comes up.

Gotta start getting ready to bed down here, myself. That Graveyard of produce doesn’t tend itself. Hahaha

Stay up
Coffin_Dodger

5 Likes

Scarlet Grapes F2
(Scarlet Sunset X Double Grape)
This plant looks amazing, as exemplified by Post 31 and 32 of [Going2fast does autoflowers] Going2fast does autoflowers These parents were grown by Going2fast and hunted for their profiles of cherry cough drop and citrus, and heavy trichome build up. Scarlet Sunset of Gas Reaper Genetics is (Black Cherry Punch X Erie Sunset) With such great strains as Sunset Sherbet, Black Cherry Pie, Purple Punch and Pink Panties in that line, and Double Grape (Mephisto) delivering Sour Stomper X Grape Crinkle, I am sure we should find a most pleasantly heavy hitter in our little patch in no time.
blowdout2269 carried on the work with an F2 generously shared with us shortly after we started being active around here, back in September.
There is further evidence in the journals and posts of @Whatnow , @AppalachianBiscuits , @BIGJ of this beast of an auto. There seems to be two major phenos (from what I’ve read) that have been found by those familiar with her: vibrant greens and rich Scarlets.
The overall life from seed seems to be about 80+ days, with some taking her considerably longer. Having only run photo crops, we intend to take out time with these. We will be scrogging again, and using all the same nutrients as last run.

Please correct any of this if I am mistaken. This being our fourth grow and first with autos, I hope we do it justice.
Just a rundown of the strain and a couple pictures of wet beans for my insomnia.
Now I really need to @#$&+ sleep…
But yall-
Stay up
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

11 Likes

Wishing you great luck on all your grows present and future :green_heart: Keep up the great work in the Dodger den :pray:t2:

6 Likes

@Coffin_Dodger that’s a beautiful description and spot on. Thank you. My only remarks are the link takes me to docs page…
And just to add she is about 50/50 on the purple/ green phenos. The purple have a strong artificial grape or cherry and the green citrus and gas.

5 Likes

I really enjoyed growing the Scarlet Grape. If I had it to do again I’d more heavily prune lower branches and shaded bud sites especially on the purple pheno. Id top it, not going to lie. I wish it had fatter buds. I like big buds, but it’s more of an indica leaner. The lime green fatted up more. I think I gave it too much light, but who knows.

3 Likes

Damn. I knew I was too tired to be trusted. :man_facepalming: :yawning_face: hahaha. Got that edited to the proper destination, now I think. Thanks for the heads up and all the more for stopping by with some encouragement. Means a lot coming from you, bro.
I’ll drop an update after work tonight, for sure.

This should be great practice for us, then! So far we’ve still had a bit of anxiety on that front. Getting better about it with each grow, though. Thanks for the tip! What kind of light/output did you have em under?

Thanks, bro! And much the same to you and yours.

Thanks for the :heart: s, @m0sirys ! Always nice to see you checking in week after week

Gotta get ready to sling some fruits and veggies for now, folks, but thanks again for all the great replies!
Stay up
Coffin_Dodger
:ghost: :raccoon:

4 Likes

Oh the fuck if I know. I’ll look for you next time I’m in there, I need to know more about lighting

2 Likes

Good morning, OG’ers!

Hope y’all have been hanging in there this week and doing your best at whatever you’ve got goin. All the best to your gardens and the people you keep closest, just the same.

Been a full week here in the Dodger Den, so we’ll get to it.

We germinated a week ago, and saw great results, with all seven cracking within 24 hours soaking, and six out of seven showing tap roots by 48 hours. Some had already grown several centimeters in that time, with the largest at about half an inch, to mix metric and imperial.

At 48 Hours soaking, we soaked Root Riot cubes in purified water, and @JustTieflingThings went to work with surgery, her far steadier hand dropping each and covering with a plug of peat. Back under the dome, we gave them a little while longer in the dark, waiting to see signs above ground before throwing on the T5. Again, this only took about 20 hours or so, before we were greeted one after another with what quickly became 6 healthy looking sprouts. While the last struggled, seeming to have lost track of up, or lack the strength to move the plug, the others shed their helmets, which clung a bit to four of them (one worse than others, which we eventually helped off, but left some cotyledon damage.) :upside_down_face: :sweat_smile:

After about a day and a half under the T5 two of the seedlings seemed to have their cotyledon curl “closed,” where they have remained. It seems like they are trying to grow first leaves to match their sisters, the seed-leaves are blocking them. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

Four of the six, on the other hand, are starting to push second leaves as of day 6.Barring any extreme circumstance, these will be the four we transplant to the RDWC. At least one of these, on inspection today showed about a centimeter of tap root hanging from the bottom of the cube. We have prepared the system, pH balancing tap water to 5.8, which we’ll transplant them into during my work week, then feed them according to the GH Trio Medium Schedule to kick off my week/end.

We have set the light at 20%, delivering a DLI of ~11.5-12, from 56" above the top of the buckets over a light schedule of 18/6. The long schedule will be nice, giving me plenty of time with the girls before and after work if the need should arise.

The weather has been damned strange around the big river valley, and that gives some cause for concern, but we’ve yet to need to blast any fans or bring in the big space heater. This may change in veg, depending on ambient heat from the equipment. All equipment is running smooth in tests, though we have swapped out the band-aid digital timer we ran half of last grow, as it seemed to not want to accept a new program. :gear: :toolbox: :man_shrugging: We put on an old analog timer for now, and will be testing the digital again with something else to see if we can’t save it.

:green_book:
BAREBONES STATS

• :spiral_calendar: 7 Days from Seed
  • :seedling: 4 out of 6 sprouted seedlings are strong contenders, if a bit leggy for being under the weak light of the T5. At least one shows a bit of tap root hanging out of the bottom of the cube when inspected.
  • :flashlight: T5 over the dome, putting it at now about 3" from their seedling canopies.
  • :computer: :non-potable_water: Tap water has been pH balanced in the res to 5.8 target. PPM is at ~300.
  • :sun_behind_rain_cloud: Average 81.6 * F, 85.7% RH, and .53 kPa VPD under the dome. We began opening the vents after sprouting was evident and the light was on.

In other garden related news, Jessicat the Girl the Mail Cat dragged in a generous letter from @Hashpants just yesterday, bearing two amazing looking pants-pucks, with Feminized DP X WW and Lemme OG X WCT. Both sound incredible, and based on his work, should prove to be, once given a run. Thanks again for a chance to see and experience such stunner genetics, friend.

All in, it’s a great start to our fourth run, and should be a hell of a lot of fun, a great learning experience, or both! :four_leaf_clover:Thanks for stopping in as we start off on it, and as always, especially so for any kind words, conversation, or otherwise. Hope all the best for you and yours this week. Make it one to remember.

:coffin:
Stay up
Coffin_Dodger

15 Likes