Cogitech's Conservatory

I’m not so concerned about rot because I live in a very dry climate - but perhaps I should be more wary of that (?)

3 Likes

You are lucky, i have the exact opposite :laughing: it’s less of an issue for you than for me but you still need decent air circulation for general plant health. Also a load of leaves bunched up together will sweat and could attract mold even in a dry climate. I’ve lost too many fat colas to bot rot over the years but finding the solutions has made me a better grower.

5 Likes

The stretch is well under way! I did some minimal defoliation to help airflow through the bottom 3rd and make watering/feeding easier.

7 Likes

This morning I pollinated one branch of the CBDream female with pollen collected from the CBDream x Critical Kush male - so back-crossing to his aunt. I plan to back cross these BX1 CBDream x (CBDream x Critical Kush) to another CBDream female and possibly once more after that - for a BX3.

7 Likes

Some new photos this morning.

The group:

Cali-O x Durban:

Northernberry:

CBDream:

CBDream x Critical Kush:

11 Likes

I noticed a couple more more fungus gnats hanging around so I decided to apply some nematodes. We’ve never had them in our house before, so I suspect they caught a ride with our geckos’ habitats that were at a friend’s place for a few weeks.

On another note, I think the buds fattened up just since this morning.

5 Likes

Very excited to announce that my selective germination effort seems to have worked! The buds that I hit on the CBDream with the CBDream x Critical Kush pollen appear to have some particularly round, swollen calyxes!

5 Likes

Some flower shots. Things are coming along nicely! (Click on them and they look much better)

Northernberry:

Cali-O x Durban:

CBDream x Critical Kush:

CBDream:

7 Likes

Photo details - COBs + blurple lighting, Canon 5D, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro @f8, custom white balance.

3 Likes

This morning I noticed the Cali-O x Durban is showing signs of some sort of deficiency or possible nutrient excess. Didn’t have time to really look into it, but will try to post a pic later…

2 Likes

Cell phone pics for a quick update at 4 weeks and 5 days. The last shot shows the issue that the Cali-O x Durban is having.

6 Likes

i try to go back to this old classic here:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I’ve been selectively harvesting over the past two weeks. A lot of the tops were done, while the mids and lowers still had some ripening to go.

The only one that was taking its time was the Cali-O x Durban/DTHF. Not a lot of trichome production, and it foxtailed like a muthafucka. Chopped it today. A bit early but I’d like this one to be upbeat.

I’ll do a final weigh out on all 4 strains in a few weeks and take some photos of the cured nugs.

7 Likes

Can’t belive I missed this thread, lol.
It’s soooo cool to see the mothers of my children grow up! :seedling: :four_leaf_clover: :herb: :tada:

Seeing specific traits on the 4 now, like hight, leaves, and how bushy they grow, regardin forgetting to label them :stuck_out_tongue:
Not sure ofc :wink:

3 Likes

The parents of your seeds were actually the grow previous to this one. The CBDream x Critical Kush in this grow is a sister (same generation) of the ones I sent you. Once yours are harvested and cured, you’ll know which ones are CBDream x CK by the smell (bananas)!

2 Likes

Ahh, cool :slight_smile:

Do you remember how tall they ended up? I’m topping them tomorrow. The stems on these are frikin thick af, lol :smiley:

1 Like

I kept them around a meter max. They might have gotten taller. Much depends on how soon you switch to 12/12.

2 Likes

I’m getting the new pots next week (autopot) so I’m flipping them a few days after Repotting. The pots are fairly similar in size.

2 Likes