Cogitech's Conservatory

Well it has been a while since I have had much time to take photos and post them, so this morning I took a quick cell phone snap.

As you can see, things are moving along alright at 5 weeks of veg. I LSTed and topped them all and they have all responded to it well except the Northernberry is slow going.

Top left - Cali-O x Durban, top right - CBDream x Critical Kush, bottom left - Northernberry, bottom right - CBDream.

Funny that the CBDream was easily the weakest plant at the start and now it is just flying. Maybe it likes the lighting and feed better. Apparently the CBDream x Critical Kush got quite a lot of CBDream DNA, too.

I canā€™t decide whether to flip or not. Iā€™m not really in any rush.

8 Likes

Man those plants are flying, they look very healthy and happy too. Good work!

4 Likes

Thanks man!

Iā€™m a firm believer in the KISS principle, and it has worked out so far. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ya Iā€™m the same way. I tried crazy nutrient regimes etc for years and have just as good results sticking to the basics.

2 Likes

I think I have it easy, because maximum potency and yield are not high on my list of priorities.

Iā€™ve learned with many other hobbies and activities that the ā€œextremeā€ end of the scale is where all the chaos happens.

My goals are pretty simple - 1) raise the healthiest, best tasting, cleanest plants that I can, 2) Enjoy the process - growing the plants should be as therapeutic to me as smoking them. The last thing I need is more stress in my life.

8 Likes

I also think, at least for me, that the ā€œextremeā€ end of the scale is when it start to feel less like a hobby and more like a second job :slight_smile:

I like enjoy the company of them too :blush:

6 Likes

See, in theory i believe in that principle as well. In practice, canā€™t help but mess with shit. Especially after the kid and wife are asleep. Itā€™s my second wind dammit, and iā€™m gonna do something :stuck_out_tongue:

I should really stop that and be more like you. Plant look great KISSed.

5 Likes

hehehehe I think you are my long lost twin :smiley:

4 Likes

Too true - break it till we make itā€¦

4 Likes

Flipped them to 12/12 this morning!

Pics on the weekendā€¦

6 Likes

Well, the one male CBDream x Critical Kush is a male, no doubt. None of the other 4 have anything like thisā€¦

10 Likes

The girls are doing great, too!

11 Likes

This is what I look for when identifying males, clusters of flowers. Single male flowers sometimes look female. Same with females, unless I see a pistil coming out, I wait to declare sex.

5 Likes

Todayā€™s photos. Once again with my phone camera because I am lazy and the phone camera has been getting things mostly right recently.

The lonely male:

The ladies, who are growing like mad:

12 Likes

Wow. Thats a lot of grow in 4 days :grin::blush: what is your feeding? How old are they? :blush: what temperature and humidity at the moment? Did you removed any leafs so far? What medium you grow in? Have you added anything to the roots?

I Hope that its not a lot of questions and I bet some of them were answered already but Its nice to do assessment once a while :grin::grin:

Really beautifull! :muscle: keep growing :blush:

6 Likes

Thanks! The photos were taken 3 days apart, actually!

Feeding General Organics ā€œGO Boxā€ nutes at half strength according to box feeding chart. They are 6 weeks and a day from seed. Switched to 12/12 5 days ago. Only removed a few fan leaves that were shading the mains. They were topped and LSTed a couple weeks ago. Temperature under the canopy is around 21-23 C all the time. Was closer to 28 C during the first few weeks of the grow. I donā€™t monitor humidity because it is never a problem where I live. Quite dry here. Probably 50-60% max in the tent. Growing in peat moss+perlite+EWC+dolomite lime. GO Box includes ā€œBio Rootā€ but that is the only thing I have done for the roots.

Growing under a combination of 200w(actual draw) blurple and 5x36w Citizen 3500k 90CRI COBs.

8 Likes

Things are moving along - tent is packed to the edges. Might have been a bit ambitious with this grow, but time will tell.

The lonely boy is sure stretching - and heā€™s super stinky for a male. Been collecting pollen from himā€¦

8 Likes

Like the ambition bro, there will be competition in that tent for sure. May the best plants win :grin:

3 Likes

Iā€™m tempted to do some defoliating on the bottom 1/3rd or so of each of the 4 plants, and maybe get rid of some of the small ā€œsuckerā€ branches thatā€™ll never get any light.

I dunno. After reading everything, I have come to realize defoliation is solidly in the same category as Marmite when it comes to public opinion.

7 Likes

Aye it splits opinion that one eh. I normally do what you just suggested, remove a lot of the low stuff to improve air circulation and maybe send more growth energy to the heads. I usually do it in stages to limit stress, just removing a few leaves and a couple of shoots at a time doesnā€™t seem to bother a healthy plant and the extra light and air circulation can help big time. I also remove lower limbs that want to grow through other plants or that shove buds against the side walls. Crushed buds rot fast eh.

3 Likes