Comacus Projects

It sounds like a good one for sure , any pollen left ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow::blush:

It looks like the X18 pollen collected last year, and stored in the freezer is working well. After only 24 hours seeing a lot of browning pistils.

7 Likes

Once frozen shouldn’t you use it up?

1 Like

No worries I will find a male in the pack you sent hopefully

1 Like

@OleReynard probably but I have refrozen before. I have had OK success with it.

2 Likes

Good to hear, I always freeze in small batches.
Use and throw.

Always heard viability drops drastically freeze and refreeze

6 Likes

Yesterday while doing my weekly inspections one of the two Balochistan Red plants was starting to throw some bananas at 6 weeks of flower.

This is always so disappointing when this happens. Being an outdoor heirloom, it is always possible when transitioning these plants to an indoor grow.

So far the other female Balochistan Red does not have any bananas but now I will keep even a closer watch. A few folks have crosses using a Balochistan Red male so keep a close eye on them during flower. Probably goes without saying on landrace and heirloom crosses but wanted to give a shout out.

Sort of bummed out about this one. She was such a nice plant!

16 Likes

Aw bummer dude. But yes, bound to happen.
You win some. You lose some… sure was a beauty though!

1 Like

Well the second Balochistan Red has started to throw some bananas. I’m a little disappointed but when working on these Heirlooms and Landrace genetics it sometimes happens. I moved this one into another area to flush for a week. I am hopeful on this one that maybe a few of the seeds will be mature enough for a future run. The bananas started at week 8 of flower, and had this not been a seed run she would have likely been harvested already so probably not a bad female to do a little more work with to try to work to an indoor strain.

Here are a couple updates from the plants from this morning.

Cap’s Frozen Lemons F3:

The Cole Train has a cool bud structure:

Wedding Cake F5:

LA Kush Cakes:

Cherry Bomb F2:

Bubba Kush - Ghost’s. The buds on this one are really fattening up. It does seem to produce more than the usual Bubba Kush. It would have liked some training or topping to add some branching.

Molokai Pink Diesel is still flowering like crazy.

Strawberry LSD:

Queen Mother. Didn’t get the lighting right on this one. Looking forward to it. Very frosty.

27 Likes

What does that QM smell like? You got that from Colorado Sativas right?

2 Likes

Right now sort of fruity/citrus. I’m terrible picking out the subtle smells though.

Yes, these were from Colorado Sativas. Both this one, and the Cherry Bomb seem to be on point.

7 Likes

Many of the plants are starting to have bud regrowth as I push them to finish some late pollination seeds. 10 weeks tomorrow on 12/12. Found a couple late bananas on Cole Train, and the Cherry Bomb. I would have chopped the Cherry Bomb a couple weeks ago under unseeded conditions.

I’ll push them a little longer but will probably switch to plain water sometime next week.

Bubba Kush - Ghost’s

Sour Strawberry LSD:

LA Kush Cake:

Wedding Cake F5:

Cap’s Frozen Lemons F3:

Molokai Pink Diesel:

Cherry Bomb Regrowth:

22 Likes

Well this run is winding down. Yesterday I chopped the Cole Train, Cherry Bomb, and one of the Queen Mothers.

I started with pure water on the remaining ones. I’ll probably chop a couple few more next weekend, and push the Wedding Cake F5, LA Kush Cake, and Caps Frozen Lemons F3 for another week to see if I can ripen their seeds.

Here is a leaf on the Wedding Cake F5. The buds are getting a nice reddish purple, and so are the leaves.

21 Likes

Looks great :+1: did you do any crosses or another generation :thinking: how do all these strains taste or smelll?

1 Like

The Molokai Pink Diesel sounds interesting. Where does she come from? Have you had it before?

They all look tip top, nice growing. Nice variety, as well. peace

Several have piney smells. The Molokai Pink Diesel smells like polished remover and dough right now. I try to get better smells as they are curing. Haven’t tried any of them yet so will need to report back.

My plans to make crosses with Wedding Cake F5 went haywire when My male got a few female flowers so I did dust a couple branches with some Romulan and Thin Mints x Banana Pudding pollen from a friend.

@GMan the MPD came from a friend in Hawaii.

7 Likes

Moved a few things into cure jars, and harvested a few more today.

Cole Train:

Cherry Bomb:

Queen Mother:

LA Kush Cake:

Caps Frozen Lemons F3:

Wedding Cake F5:

The Molokai Pink Diesel is a stunning plant. Smells like nail polish remover, and super frosty. While I did not get the pink pistils, The leaf stems are a beautiful red!

23 Likes

Great variety @Comacus !!!

any luck on hitting the Cherry Bomb ?

5 Likes

looking yummy delicious there !!
nice work indeed

4 Likes

Molokai pink deisel, whhhats that, I have a moloka’i frost…now what

1 Like