Comacus Projects

Thank you very much for the really detailed answer
It helps a lot.
I hope that I will have something to show very soon
Thanks again :slight_smile:

A quick update. On the finish it should be (3) quarter tsp.

I’ll edit the post.

3 Likes

Here are a few flower shots from before the chop on Friday. These Puck HP BC3 Series plants have all come out nice!

I did have some bananas on the Casey Jones IX1 cross and moved that to isolation early. This is not completely unexpected as those seeds also need to be watched when running them pure. I won’t continue with that cross without some additional future work on it.

E.C. Puck:

Tuna Puck:

Puck OG18:

Love Puck #1:

Red Skelly:

Puck HP BC3 F2:

Love Puck #2

21 Likes

Great shots!
I like the look of the Red Skelly and Puck OG18.

6 Likes

oh yeah…beauties

1 Like

Corn LED bulbs are an interesting modern alternative to vertical bare bulb MH/HPS neat to see @comacus using them that way! I’ve got a few of those that I picked up at HD and Lowe’s on clearance that are sold with a diffuser dome as weatherproof outdoor floodlights, I’ve got one in a giant tall lamp in my room shining up to make the whole ceiling glow diffusely. I’ve use them once or twice for a little supplemental light here and there in the tents when I needed it but mostly I’ve been using these LED outdoor PAR floods for that, a mix of corn and lensed bulbs would make an interesting DIY light setup:

https://www.amazon.com/Lighting-GE-Par38FLD-Bulb-37667/dp/B07JRB9XVL?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=A21VMARUHA6XAU

https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-6-5-in-1-Light-White-32-Watt-Par38-LED-Grow-Light/1001001638?com_cvv=0232ce70818826f8e138a12e29ec5a4679a51102a20451118e1453c682c174d8

2 Likes

Thanks for posting your finished Orissa Gold. I have these Odisha Valley that are either the same as Orissa Gold or at least very similar. I put them almost directly out into my greenhouse where they stay very hot and humid and are at 12 hours of light or less per day. Still no side flowering so I can sex them, but I think that’s probably to be expected with such a slow flowering plant.

I love the cob idea. I’m thinking I might start another long flowering sativa bc I can tell Orissa Gold might be tasty, but not a huge amount of resin. I understand that’s expected with landrace l, but it’s such a long time to wait haha! I feel like after curing your buds will have taken a calendar year to enjoy. Max respect! Definitely more like fine wine than a cash crop.

Thanks for running this Landrace and for sharing your adventure!

:v:
FM

5 Likes

Good luck with your adventure! Having a greenhouse to run these long flowering strains will be a huge benefit.

3 Likes

My buddy did that with bags 40 years ago. Looks to still work.

3 Likes

How did the those purest indica turn out, how did they smell? They looked really nice. I popped a pack a few days ago, hopefully find some nice frosty plants like you have found. Cheers

1 Like

I can almost guarantee you will get some frosty plants. These are three plants all very frosty! When I bust up some buds I’ll try to get a smell report. I’m terrible at describing smells though.

10 Likes

Looks really nice! Hopefully I find something like the description on authentic genetics website states. He posted a terp profile lab result and it was almost identical to OG kush, would love to find something like that. Cheers!!!

3 Likes

The Puck HP BC3 Series crosses have all been coming out nice. Here is one of the Puck OG18 being grown out by a friend at 4 weeks into flower. They’re looking nice!

15 Likes

still making the fire, I see

5 Likes

Have you seen these?
https://www.carolina.com/wisconsin-fast-plants-supplies/pollination-bags-4-x-6-in-pack-of-10/158949.pr?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=ea+|+pmax&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&hsa_acc=9131076190&hsa_cam=17231377884&hsa_grp=&hsa_ad=&hsa_src=x&hsa_tgt=&hsa_kw=&hsa_mt=&hsa_net=adwords&hsa_ver=3&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjwkuqvBhAQEiwA65XxQBYZsJxK34iqeE6bmUTZkW3z1KxbGY-nW9wSEEId2yTuXfjgShysTxoCNL8QAvD_BwE

I hadn’t seen these yet. Great idea though!

1 Like