Comacus Projects

So I’m snapping pictures this morning of the three plant groups of the different Puck HP BC3 tester crosses. My wife asked why I was taking so many pictures, and said they all look the same :grinning:

She’s right of course at this stage there is not a lot of difference but I assured her there would be as they go through flower.

I’m testing a few sets:

Red Skelly (Red Rum x Puck HP BC3)
E,C. Puck (ECSD S1 x Puck HP BC3)
Tuna Puck (Tuna Kush x Puck HP BC3)
Wrecked Skelly (Trainwreck S1 x Puck HP BC3)
Puck OG (The OG18 S1 x Puck HP BC3)
Love Puck (Love Sic #1 x Puck HP BC3)
C.J. Puck (Casey jones IX1 x Puck HP BC3)
Puck Mints
Lime Puck

22 Likes

After 2 weeks of 12-12 all the males have been thinned out on the Puck HP BC3 crosses. Now to see how they do in flower. This part is always fun!

The second picture are a few of the Purest Indica all looking very similar and uniform.

21 Likes

This is my low tech pollination room. It works great to isolate the plants I want to pollinate from the others. I will typically pollinate using a paint brush and then let the plants sit for 24-48 hours. I then spray them with water to lock down any pollen before fan drying and returning to the general population

I did a couple small pollinations this past weekend. One with the Authentic Genetics Purest Indica and NL#2, and one on several of the Puck HP BC3 Series crosses. On the Pucks I selected some of my favorites from the first run to create a BC1 using pollen collected during that run.

24 Likes

Whatever works Brother! Great idea might just build a couple separated little breeding rooms. Dumb question but what is the light you are using looks interesting.

1 Like

So it is a 200 Watt LED I got on Amazon. I think it’s light spectrum is 3500. I can look when I get back home. It is just screwed into one of our Desk lamps so it raises the bulb up nicely. I have also used an aluminum clip on reflector.

6 Likes

Sounds absolutely phenomenal ! Should be straight fire,I’ve heard so much about these,and hope to see you run those bad babies!!! Cheers

1 Like

Cactus, here is a picture of the LED Cob Bulb I bought. It was a 30 watt with 6500K Cool White.

The description on Amazon although it looks like they are in a (2) pack now: 30W LED Corn Light Bulb for Indoor Large Area, E26 3000Lm 6500K Cool White,Super Bright Daylight LED Corn Bulb for Garage Barn Workshop Warehouse Fact

You should be able to find something similar.

5 Likes

That’s what will work! Get more good ideas on here than I can count! Thanks will bc getting one ! Actually 2 :+1:

3 Likes

Here we are at 5 weeks of 12/12. Got them all out for inspection this morning and everything was good. The most frosty at this point are the Purest Indica from Authentic Genetics.

22 Likes

looking good brother.

very nice, love that color …

4 Likes

Here is a lone Jack the Ripper F2 from 2 Guns and a Guy. Plant definitely has more of a sativa structure compared to the other Puck HP BC3 Series crosses in this run. I never like up potting in flower but think this one could benefit from a little bit bigger pot.

Here are both.

19 Likes

I guess you could call these plant condoms but I am calling the pollination covers. :smiley:

This is a single Jack the Ripper F2 from 2 Guns and a Guy. I am running it on 12/12 from seed so it is basically a single stem plant.

I wanted to pollinate a few bud sites with three different pollen types so came up with this idea to use baggies to cover the bud sites already pollinated and to protect the ones that have not.

Today I pollinated the top of the plant with Jack the Ripper pollen that was very generously sent by a member here!

Jack the Ripper cropped F2 110423

19 Likes

I use paper towels so everything can breathe , I hope it works bro.

4 Likes

The paper towels is a better idea. The one thing I worried about with the plastic was moisture build up. The paper towel version will eliminate that potential problem and let the plants breath!

7 Likes

All of the Purest Indica plants are super frosty. These were just small tester plants to get a look at them but it shows how nice they might be if a full size plant was run!

These are the three small girls.

SMI #2 cropped 110523

22 Likes

Here’s a quick update on the Puck HP BC3 Series crosses. Except for the C.J. Puck that I moved into isolation this morning they are all coming along nicely.

These are right at 8 weeks of 12/12, and the buds are starting to put on weight and are getting resiny.

Puck HP BC3 F2

E.C. Puck

Tuna Puck

Puck OG18

Love Puck

Wrecked Skelly

Tuna Puck

Puck Mints #1, #2

NL#2 from Authentic Genetics

Puck Mints #1, #1

19 Likes

What’s the smell on them?

1 Like

I haven’t started to document them but most are stronger stinky smells. I’ll probably start to log my impressions in the next couple weeks.

The Jack the Ripper has a strong turpentine smell. That surprised me as I was expecting fruity on that one.

3 Likes

Huh, this was a long read… :slight_smile:

But please could you explain in a little more detail how you use Jack’s 321. There is not much information about soil and 321. And you obviously tuned it well

Do you feed every watering? Do you change the concentration according to the phases (let’s say that 3.6 : 2.4 : 1.2 is 100%)… Whatever comes to your mind! :slight_smile:

Thank you very much
Spunk

2 Likes

The Jacks 3-2-1 is very easy to use. I am actually not using soil but Promix HP or Sunshine Mix #4. Either is fine.

I am only using a rate of 3g, 2g, 1g and that seems to be plenty. I did start weighing it out each time but more recently have found that it works out to 1/2 tsp of part A, slightly less than 1/2 tsp of part B, and 1/4 tsp of Epsom Salt per gallon.

You will need a ph pen, to my mix with my water I need to add 20 drops of PH Up to get my solution to 5.9-6.0 which is where you want to target. I try not to go below 5.9 or above 6.2.

I have run the 3-2-1 start to finish and it works OK but have started using the Jacks Finish in late flower. When I ran the 3-2-1 start to finish I was getting some regrowth on the buds from too much nitrogen.

For the finish the rate I am using is 4 grams finish and 0.8 grams of Epsom. This works out to (3), 1/4 tsp of finish and a less than full 1/4 tsp of Epsom.

Later in flower I start reducing the finish to 1/2 strength, and then try to finish the last 2 weeks with just water. This run I am going to try a taper to 3/4 strength first.

That’s it. Very easy.

Now for the secret on your seedlings. They don’t like the Jacks. I think it is too strong for them. So start your seedlings in Light Warrior or a mix of 50/50 Promix and Happy Frog. Seedlings seem to like this for the first 3-4 weeks of their life, then start with 1/2 strength on the Jacks.

Give it a try. I look forward to watching your first grow with it here, and there are plent of people to guide you along the way.

8 Likes