Comacus Projects

C, you got pollen from that uzbekky?

2 Likes

@motz, I only kept the x-18 males this run. There were a couple other males that would have been nice including the Iranian and Uzbekistani but I wanted to keep it a single pure run this time.

6 Likes

What is x18 a paki?..

1 Like

It’s a Tom Hills Pakistani strain. So far not as big of a producer as some of the others but nice and resiny, and still very nice.

One of the females threw some early bananas so it got axed. The remaining female has been solid so far. As an outdoor strain, I think getting a few bananas until it is worked to an indoor line is probably pretty normal. I saw it late in flower on the Family Vault Purple too.

8 Likes

great lookin ladies,comacus :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

How’s momma’s knees?

3 Likes

@StocktonT the Mango Thai girls are slowly doing their thing :relieved:

20 Likes

Thai girls are looking sweet!! Love those long slender fingers.

5 Likes

Nice! Going to take a while but they are often worth the trouble the longer flowering ones.

2 Likes

This Mango Thai is very unique. It has an unusual leaf trait on some of the leaves where one or two of the leaves are further up the leaf stem.

It is flowering super super slow though!

19 Likes

Damn I have never seen that in a SE asian but maybe it’s environmental. I have had some show distress indoors when the humidity is too low for them and maybe even the temps, or the temperature swing (lights on and off) but they never curled like that. Kind of looks cool but I think they’re trying to say something. Are they all showing this?

I had real problems the few times I tried to grow mostly NLD or what was said to be Thai, indoors. Mostly due to me keeping the humidity and temps at a range where most of my indoor hybrids did well. The thais would show signs of distress and I think it was the rather low (50%) humidity and also the day-night temp differences that they didn’t like at all. Also funny how they seem to respond quicker to photo period changes outdoors in their right climate as compared to an “normal” indoor environment. They do flower forever outdoors too though…

2 Likes

@StocktonT yeah I think you are right. The leaf curl may just be over fertilizing. I’m giving them the same food as all the others. Snowhigh always said not to over fertilize satties. I am trying to keep them green too, and maybe they should be a lighter green.

They are flowering slower than I had hoped too. We’ll see…

The other plants have 3 more weeks to go. Once they are out of there, and I can spread the two thais out a bit that may help too.

5 Likes

Yea I would think the food situation with more or less pure NLDs could be a bit different, the strength and also the distribution frequency, they have way more time than a regular 8 to 10 week flowering type. Usually I think the Thais are a bit more light green but my experience is limited but I saw that with indoor types that were thinner leafed ones, they tended, not always but more so than not, to be lighter in color. It’s a fine line outdoors even in the ground here to keep them green but it’s also a double edged sword as too much food will also kind of stunt them.

Think the color on the leaf you posted looks pretty on point though. But only five fingers, not that I see a lot of 11-13 fingered leafs but usually 7 or up.

4 Likes

The X-18 looks chromed with resin!

3 Likes

I have a few 12/12 from seed plants mixed in with the landraces. One of my favorites is a strain created by a friend which I-95 x White Cherry Truffles.

The pictures do not do them justice. The buds are a deep lavender, and coated with resin. The leaves are turning such a deep purple they almost look Black!

27 Likes

That I95 Cherry Truffle is pretty pretty, eh? The purples show a bit in the picture, especially the heavy contrast on the sunleaves.

How’s your Mango Thai these days?

4 Likes

@DiggySoze I am really starting to wonder if I will finish the Mango Thai, and if they will be worth finishing inside!

I definitely have two different phenos. The wider leaf pheno is sort of budding but they are very loose, and flowering very slowly. The other pheno is like single flowers on a stem! This is the red stemmed pheno. I keep hoping as some point (soon) they start to explode with flowering.

We shall see but I am starting to wonder.

21 Likes

Couple months looks like C.
Got her that far ain’t known ya to just drop something, not like you.

Now me I could see chopping that and moving something else in.

4 Likes

@OleReynard you’re right. I’ll probably stick with it, and see what I can make of it.

It’s not very encouraging though! Even the Panama Black that went 6 months on 12/12 from seed was flowering better by this stage.

7 Likes

@StocktonT these Mango Thai are the weirdest plants I have ever grown. Still doing single flowers on a stem but now at least the tips seem to be flowering, and it looks like the single flower sites may start to flower too.

I has been hard to keep them happy. All the leaves are falling off. It looks like a CA MG deficiency so I have been giving them some extra, and they seem to be doing better.

The only plant I have had that was similar was a columbian plant back in 81. It was in a 5 gallon bucket, was about 4-1/2 feet tall, and after 8-10 months was barely flowering a lot like this one.

I’m trying to be patient as I do want to see what these do next but the are also pushing my will power to stick with them!

16 Likes