(complete) F.B.S.C. 1960 Lambsbread Preservation

Well if anyone can run a 18-25 week flower, it’s going to be you. Good luck, as if you need any :grin:.

8 Likes

Wow! Incredible sounding run. I’ll take a seat in the back and follow along :smiley:

3 Likes

Amazing. I’ll sit in the back and watch. For a very long time. :seedling:

8 Likes

Very cool!
I have heard it mentioned so much in music I have listened to, very cool to see someone preserving it here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Right on @Upstate sending mucho positive vibes your way!.

3 Likes

Damn, Upstate. You always have soooo many cool projects going on! :+1: :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

good luck with the gro @Upstate !!!

2 Likes

I’ll be using all plants for this reproduction. If I get a hermaphrodite or two I’ll try to isolate them ( depends on room and maybe weather) and pollinate them by hand with all males or, if i can’t do that I’ll pick( and eat😁)the male flowers every day. Male ratio is about 25% and around 10-15% hermies.
Also, I’m not sure when I’ll flower these. I’m running Huixtepec Mexican too, which flowers 14 weeks( i think?). I’m making seeds with both, though just a few with the Huixtepec. Lambsbread takes a couple months of flowering to even show sex so the goal is to be done pollinating the Mexi before I have flowers on the Lambsbread. Hoping for a couple mild April days for that purpose. Should i run into timing issues I’ll set up a second space. Good possibility of that. Vegging the Lambsbread 3 or 4 weeks. Should work well.
Thanks for the love everyone. Outta likes…so​:heart::heart:

44 Likes

So cool to see you doing this run! Definitely one of old ones that you always hear about.

3 Likes

Looks like we got a party going on in here!

18 Likes

Oh hell yeah!

2 Likes

the holy grail of lambsbread

36 Likes

Freakers be freakin!!! Excellent choice in preservation @Upstate !!!
Locked in and watching the grow! “We be jammin”!!!

Grow4th!!!

8 Likes

My wife and I honeymooned in Negril more than 25-years ago.

I remember visiting “Miss Brown’s” tea shop, We got some tea. It was wonderful later that evening as the resort held a fire-lit surf-side-buffet with tables at the waters edge……I remember the “saucer plates” that were my wife’s eyes as I found her sitting in the surf at the fire lit table….

But that’s a different story.

While we were there at Miss Browns earlier in the day, an older salt-n-pepper Rasta poked his head into the front room through a half-doorway to the closed garden.

Smiling a huge smile, he engaged us in conversation about our stay.

We told him we loved many things about Jamaica, but among the things we most appreciated was the ganja. We had effortlessly procured a large sack of the sweetest, sticky, ickyiest, lime green unmanicured bud the previous day. (It was actually rolled up in a piece of black plastic and we got about 40-grams for $30. )

He laughed and we began to talk about the environment in Jamaica and how it was suited for cultivation of fine cannabis. He leaned in closer and asked if I grew.

I told him, I dabbled a little and would love to grow some Jamaican weed. -A little, indeed. I had no idea what lambsbread was, so long ago, and my grows were almost all single plants in the forest or the closet of my college apartment.

He pulled a bud the size of my forearm from a sack slung over one shoulder at his side and removed a seed that looked huge. In my memory I’d never seen a seed so large and healthy.

I’m sure it’s exaggerated in my memory, but it seemed as big as a small marble.

He gave me three of the seeds, and told me to smuggle them in my hat. I carefully tucked them away for later, folding them into a napkin.

To this day I regret the choice of a napkin… Sure enough, after another 4-days of sunshine, rum, and smoke rings, the napkin disappeared, likely thrown away by someone thinking it was trash.

No body’s fault but mine…. Treat those beans like the treasures they are.

26 Likes

They may be overgrowing a garbage dump somewhere!

6 Likes

@upsate F KING YESSSS. This is gonna be Amazing. If you need anything, hit me up…

5 Likes

Great project!

4 Likes

The king of Sativas grown by @Upstate the king of sativas. Will be following along my friend ! Extreamly excited about this one

7 Likes

Fucking sweet!! This is a cool one, getting interested in hazes right now so this is right up my alley

5 Likes

It’s been so many years since I smoked Jamaican that I only remember it being sort of trippy like some of the Mexican weed in the ‘70s. Good luck brother. Seems like I have some Lambsbread seed crosses from @Instg8ter. Best vibes! peace

6 Likes