(complete) F.B.S.C. 1960 Lambsbread Preservation

I only recently learned any long-flowering Jamaican seeds were still available (from TLT) and now these? I just assumed this was long gone. There are few strains I want more from TLT’s site than that one they have. My new fave thread.

5 Likes

WOW…I can’t put into words how special Lambs Bread is to me

4 Likes

your doing this good @upstate. A propper Preservation is needed for those . Alegedly these come from one of Peter Toshs Relatives gardens . Thats most fabulous Story ever.

I dont know date of collection, should be pre 2000 , (yes i watched this one for a while) looks middle old i think. Has good reports. And a nce yellow hues, wich i like

7 Likes

Will definitely enjoy watching this one. Appreciate the history lesson too.

5 Likes

Lambsbread I’ve heard all about it and how legendary it is… but doing a preservation run here is freaking believable… sending good vibes to your garden for this one @Upstate :+1:

:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Jamaican plant from reddit

46 Likes

that one from reddit looks similar to the vibes collective version

6 Likes

This is quite exciting indeed, I’ll tag along if ya don’t mind :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Stoked for this one! I just received some lambsbread x’s from classics (R.I.P) freezer among others and am excited to see what they produce as they are from very old stock . Definitely here to stay for this one. Positive vibes sent your way .

6 Likes

Tlt Jamaican

Having a sliiight issue. Either too wet, PH off, soil too strong or N deficiency. Since they looked like this within a week of transplanting, I’m thinking they were drowned or soil too strong. Could be N pigs I suppose. First step is waiting for the soil to dry a bit. These things grew so quick i had to keep burying the stalk…a normal thing for me, but these grew in height very fast. I normally start under blue light cfls, which keeps them short, but also seems to stress some plants when they transition to hps. So, this time I started under hps and they really stretch! I’ll figure it out.

35 Likes

Yes I mi lion, good to see you keeping dem vibes irie up in dis bombaclot Babylon we in.

Bless Up idren :jamaica:

14 Likes

Thanks buddy. I’m honored to add my name to ranks of preservers before me.

Yup. Came straight from the same neighborhood Bob Marley and Peter Tosh lived in. They likely wrote some well known tunes puffing spliffs of da Lambsbread. This was Collected by Bushman in 1960 and The Vibes Collective got it later.

22 Likes

definitly looks oldish, thats shure. The yellow hues are subjective proove :smile:lol for me. But imho, a tiny bit strange look is inside, but again, principially older…
it was collected by a Vibes collective member after a Concert backstage… this Member met a Peter Tosh Relative and got the Seeds…

i found this Concert cool:

9 Likes

Jam. Vibes Collective F4 (not my Pic) :smile:

38 Likes

Another Lambsbread.

34 Likes

I think 1960 is the oldest year I’ve seen attached to a strain. At least one that’s still around. Is there something out there even older than this?

5 Likes

yes, a 1950 south indian, reproduced 2 times since! alive. quiet a cool looking one

9 Likes

Hey if somebody wants to preserve 1950 Indian… im not interested cause i only search SE Asians basically…PM

10 Likes

Good luck Amigo…go for it.

2 Likes

Whoa! I would love to try that. How long are the flowering times on those?

1 Like