(complete) F.B.S.C. 1960 Lambsbread Preservation

Thanks brother. I’m just doing my best to not go digging around looking for them. I can be bad that way. :flushed:

Since I have other stuff starting I’m able to not mess with them so far. I feel like today will be the day! Five out of five seeds will be up and sprouted by the end of the week! peace

2 Likes

Well,probably doesn’t help, but I’ve had a lousy week for germination too! 6/12, 3/6 & 0/6 but none of it was the Thai. I’m really hoping that the cards & envelopes get delivered this week and I can get the next batch off to you guys!

:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not worried about it. I bet some will pop for sure. The weather here is up and down right now and I think the seeds sense the outside temps. It creeps into this old house. If the sun comes out today, I’ll put it out on the window sill to catch natural rays from the sun. Otherwise it stays in the dome.

5 Likes

The same is true in hypnosis :wink:

5 Likes

Hell of a thread.Ganja was brought by indentured people from Sierra Leone to Jamaica in 1862, which could found in British archives.

Some old rasta pics with the plants

17 Likes

Lee Perry and Peter Tosh

11 Likes

1970s Jamaican ganja field

Peter Tosh again next to a nld Jamaican ganja

Homegrown magazine 1981 with some Jamaican ganja farmers

20 Likes

Interesting. There’s another source for Jamaican genepool then. Africa. Indian indentured servants also brought cannabis to jamaica around the same time if i remember right. In West Africa around the 1840’s cannabis was just being introduced, according to one source.( marijuana botany) i think it must have been there earlier but no proof yet. From where this West African cannabis originally came, is hard to say. Good chance from India via Africa… but could be from somewhere else. I found this article about West African indentured servants in Jamaica. Alas Alas Kongo — Ameena Gafoor Institute
(This was earlier than what you are saying and no mention of cannabis)Picked up in Sierra Leone but servants were from many countries from west Africa.

I don’t think I’ve seen any seeds from Sierra Leone available anywhere. I was chatting with a guy that had seeds from that area, too. I Lost touch.
Would be neat to see if there is any resemblance to Lambsbread in West Africa Genepool.
@mexcurandero420 nice to have you here sharing. I’ve learned a lot from your IG and IC mag posts.
Welcome to OG!

11 Likes

Around 15th century slaves from Congo and Angola were brought to Brazil.Some of the slaves managed also to bring of their precious cannabis seeds with them.So in South America Brazil was the first country and it even grew wild there for some time.After slavery ended some of the ex slaves went back to Africa and brought the cannabis seeds back but this time West Africa like Sierra Leone.
I found out that Senegal received a ship load of seeds from Mexico in the 1950s.
British Empire was a quite sometime supplier of Medical Cannabis in the 19th century, which came mainly from India, but India received till 1935 tonnes of hashish from Yarkand Xinjiang region and perhaps some genetics too.In 1935 the Chinese government banned the cultivation of hashish in Xinjiang.

1663200873990_4SQuC__please_creditpalette.fm

8 Likes

I posted the same info about slaves but we keep coming back to the same thing. no proof. I believe it and I think it’s unreasonable to suggest they didn’t bring cannabis seeds with them. Do you have any specific info? I read seeds were worn in charms around the neck and woven into dreads but not a specific incidence where it was witnessed/ recorded and then we still need proof it was cultivated. Pollen samples are needed to satisfy many.

We must read the same articles :grin:

3 Likes

Chris Duvall wrote in his book, that there are reports from that time that some slaves managed it to bring seeds to the New World.
Jesuit priests were interested in the medical value of Cannabis and could probably introduced it in Mexico I read from a Mexican historian.

4 Likes

I swear I read something like that myself. For me, that’s enough. A report that someone saw it. Little details like that in a report don’t seem like the type of thing someone would lie about seeing. Why make it up? To what end? Seems credible to me.

4 Likes

2 six packs😁

23 Likes

Received yesterday.

Jamaican Lambsbread
Caribbean Dream = St.Vincent x JBL
Top Kouch = Deep Chunk x X18
Swazi Ruz = Swazi red beard (rooibaard in Afrikaans)

22 Likes

25 weeks dang you got to be kidding thats almost 6months

6 Likes

Not many Sativas go longer. This is one of the special old ones.

7 Likes

growing these you need a backup stash
i run out before my next crop and they are 8 weeks loll

4 Likes

This is why landrace sativa beans are every fourth round for me.
Gotta bulk up my headstash!

4 Likes

@Roms
Does that say “10 greens”?
What does that mean?

1 Like

ima keep that in mind if i plan to

1 Like