(complete) F.B.S.C. 1960 Lambsbread Preservation

I’m sure it’s this one.

1 Like

I don’t hear the carrot phenotype anymore from Parvati.In 2009 you still could find this phenotype in Parvati.

14 Likes

I love that carrot weed. Contamination occurred on camera( video)in Parvati Valley area in 2017. I don’t know if this has anything to do with no carrot phenos or not. I hadn’t heard about this particular terpene from that area.

1 Like

Man that looks like Peshawar. As of now that’s where I’m thinking the Peshawar is originally from.

1 Like

The Vibes Collective just make another victim with Swami big lack of respect, like R. Williams, Snowhigh etc fuck you all! By hoping Jah offer you his worse endless pheno aha so stupid you will stay.

3 Likes

Sucks people do that @Roms . Don’t let that detract from what you guys accomplished. :100:

2 Likes

Can alway count on @Upstate - to set the record straight - the longer flower time = the more pure the stai is ? Glad your are on this site to learrn others about 100% Sativa’s --Keep your sharring of knowledge comming _Peace

4 Likes

If I have an option I always choose the longest flowering time when buying seed from country. Shorter flowering times are achieved by western breeders via selection, and we see this in India and to a lesser extent, in Thailand too. Other countries have hybridized to get shorter flowering times. Jamaica, Mexico, Colombia, Morocco, South Africa, Afghanistan and more have been hammered in this manner. India, Pakistan and now East Africa are following suit. For this reason I always try to find longer flowering collections to have the best shot at purity. There are always exceptions to this rule.

3 Likes

@mexcurandero420 check out my seeded Peshawar.

The Afridi Tribe from the Tribal areas of Pakistan still cultivate the old Sativa that their oral traditions say came from India 600 years ago. Right now, I’m cultivating Peshawar, the old Afghan Sativa, which was absorbed into the Ilaqai Nasal Afridi Sativa landrace back in the 80’s. I’m growing Ilaqai Nasal soon to see if they ( Peshawar and Ilaqai Nasal)are the same, but judging by the look of your Parvati I sure see the resemblance! No one seems to know.

9 Likes

Yea ! some times I go to Seedfinders to check genetics for example: Dr.GreenThumbs Panama is from 3 generics traits were Ace Panama only has 2 genetic traits. like you mentioned most cultivator don’t want long flower times, can’t waite for 4 mos + - Seems people are getting tired of all the cookie, ect strains and want to go back to the old stuff. Feel I’m lucky to have experienced the old school strains (History repeats its self)

6 Likes

Friesland indica seems to be originally from Balochistan Pakistan, which was told by someone who worked with Nevil at the time of The Seed Bank.

The Parvati I grew was totally mold resistant and I had three aroma phenotypes at the time I grew this variety, orange, sweet carrot and earth hashish.

@Upstate
Shall check your seeded Peshawar.

4 Likes

No way!!! wow. Farmers in Balochistan migrated from the shores of the Caspian Sea hundreds of years ago. This area is wet, Balochistan dry. I Wondered if it would be possible to pull mold resistant plants out of the Balochi genepool due to a plant " memory" of a wetter past. I guess I would have to say it’s possible at this point. Balochistan is extremely dry. That mold resistance came from somewhere. Neat info. Now I want Friesland😁 pretty bombproof strain.

5 Likes

Freezeland (Friesland indica x Pluton) didn’t give me any mold issues and I live at the sea side.
Balochistan is not always dry.They had floods last year or year before.

12 Likes

Yes, springtime flooding. Most precipitation is in the winter months though. Each year they get spring melt water, briefly moistening the soil for an April germination, but then it’s very, very dry during grow season and especially so during flowering. The crops there are rain fed only in some areas, too. Incredible genepool.

June thru November almost no rain at all.
Friesland is well known to be almost mold proof. I’m not surprised you had no issues.

5 Likes

I followed a guy from over there on IG.Some amazing stuff they’re growing , but that counts for some parts of India too.You’re right about the drought during the growing season.They irrigate the plants.The soil is a kind of clay.

Rajasthani sativa

Kerala 1983 from an English guy

20 Likes

I’ve read a couple places it’s imperative to keep some original landrace expression in every single following filial generation to keep the genetic diversity as high as possible. Anyone with more knowledge can either say that’s right or wrong I’m sure, but logically and on the surface I immediately agreed with it lol

1 Like

Man I’m so blown away by these seeds :raised_hands::raised_hands::fire::fire:

Is that your Rajasthani? From bodhi? I think @Shiv9545 might have passed some out too. Someone was literally just asking me about that one. Anywhere to find the cultivated version you are showing? Supposed to be a good one.

1 Like

You’re the only one with swazi seed, period. Literally just you😁.
You can find old and new swazi gold, and old and new Durban, old and new KwaZulu, new transkei and Lesotho, but that Swazi Red is extremely rare. Just you offer it, so far as I know. There are other hybrid versions, but yours is likely a pure one. I’ve had Afropips Malawi. Good stuff. He was a good breeder.

2 Likes

In some places, they don’t even do that. They have a name for these crops, grown in areas deemed " unfit for agriculture " by the gov’t. I can’t think of it offhand. @LandraceWarden will know. The root systems of these types must be massive. I always try to push this fantastic genepool on Southwestern growers or any area with unpredictable or expensive water…

5 Likes