(complete) F.B.S.C. 1960 Lambsbread Preservation

I’ll get some in the mail to you first thing in the morning

6 Likes

Those do sound nasty… never even heard of them, spider mites and thrips are top of everyone’s lists. I guess since the IPM methods to take care of spider mites, thrips and fungus gnats all line up with the methods to control flea beetles, they just don’t make it in all that often? Anyway, good to hear you found the issue. :slight_smile: Hopefully they recover, and a few extra seeds certainly won’t hurt any.

6 Likes

We can all expect to deal with these little bastards more and more with hemp( and weed) farming becoming more and more common on a large scale. They skeletonize leaves too, but all it takes is one nibble and the leaves get all contorted, which imo is worse. Sure like to know why. Maybe some virus they inject into the bitten leaves? Thankfully, when they are gone the new leaves normalize. Neem oil works to keep them at bay outside. Never had an issue with them during flowering.
They only attacked the Lambsbread, which may be a blessing. Now I know I have to use neem when they go outdoors.

13 Likes

Do they live on, and attack, the leaf? Roots? I’ll look them up. If they look like what their name implies, I may have seen some of those around here. I don’t think it was inside, though… I’ll look them up now.

edit: Colorado State Univ. has a paper on it. when I Googled. It turns out we have dozens of species of them. I know I’ve seen some of them outside.

4 Likes

I’ll be darned, never heard of these little bastards. I get squash beetles attacking my cucumbers and zucchinis every summer, but never had anything attack my herb either inside or outside, except leaf rollers.

So, do you think this is actually the Vibes Collective JLB? My understanding is no one will share it pure outside that small group. I’m currently waiting for a Double Jam to declare itself.

3 Likes

someone shared the Vibes Collective Lambsbreath. Ive seen the discussion where multiple Members complained it shouldnt be shared, then one Member said, no its ok, People shall just mention that its the Vibes Collective Lamsbreath. and good is.

After that reply nobody said anything nomore… So, i can imagine this Guy had like a higher Rank?
I dont know in the end, but the discussion suddenly went silent after his response.

8 Likes

Well that’s nice to hear. Personally I think it is foolish to hoard these cultivars forever. I understand some people have taken great risks to collect them and have put in a lot of work to stabilize the genetics etc. And then there is exclusivity for seed business advantages. But after some years it’s a bit crazy to deny the rest of the world because of some selfish agreements years ago.

11 Likes

I agree. They are too rare to hoard and that’s how strains are lost forever. This one is irreplaceable. How many people here on OG have heard of the legendary Lambsbread? How many here on OG have had the pleasure of Smoking real deal, not watered down Lambsbread? I’m guessing few or none and that’s unacceptable. Everyone should be able to experience this special smoke. A very hearty thankyou to the Vibes collective for keeping this one around and for sharing it. The temptation when something is special is to hold it tight so it remains rare and therefore special. I myself am not immune to those feelings, but I overcome them. This energetic, happy, healing grass is exactly what we all need right now.

42 Likes

Amen to that I haven’t seen the real deal since the 80’s

If and when there ready I’d love to have some

8 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, at one time I was of the mind to hoard all of our cuts. But after a severe change of heart 12 years ago I’ve been passing around what I can and preserving a bunch as well

13 Likes

Yeah this is exactly what attracted me to the OG community. I have spent many thousands of dollars on seeds over the past 6 years since I started growing. Mostly sativas and mostly Ace and Cannabiogen stuff. Now I’m on to my next phase of exploring landraces and I keep running into people holding this rare stuff that they don’t want to share. And I don’t necessarily begrudge them because there’s many reasons and a lot of history involved. But, I love the fact that there are folks who want to preserve and pass around these lines for everyone to enjoy. And no money required, just do your part and pass stuff on as well. That’s really nice and yes, just what the world needs now. :slight_smile:

24 Likes

It’s 100% what made me fall in love with this community as well. OG is a truly special place. And you could not have said it better it is “exactly what the world needs right now” otherwise in ten years the polys will be all that remains “except for those hoarding” and the future generations will have most likely bottlenecked themselves into cannabis oblivion. I absolutely love that strains I’ve been searching for for YEARS and YEARS just seem to find their way to me here, it’s truly amazing and further encourages the pay it forward mindset I’ve absorbed all those years ago.

22 Likes

I completely agree the sentiment posted above.
Having the pleasure of smoking ‘gum’ (or charas) on the beach in Jamaica years ago was a truly mind expanding experience.
A gift to be shared - not hidden and locked away.

10 Likes

I’ve held off on buying any JLB because I’ve always doubted the authenticity. This is a VERY special run. Right up there with @lambchopedd 's Acapulco Gold preservation. Many thanks! :pray:

9 Likes

Last year I grew out El Aleph’s Double Jam (Blue Mountain x Orange Hill).
Here is the start (as a comparison to this 1960 LB grow,…)

11 Likes

Dear @Upstate … some little Bud ( 1960 class) adds

I’m a playboy tanic … Living by the Sugar Loaf … my private idaho

Before the weeb times … The Taxinomy Bk … Ferns first Orchids late stuff … WC early letters

I have a dream >>> The Cannabis Botanical Garden >>> With the Autumn Fest > the sensitive space > The indoor RGB show >>> Cypress Hill tour

And all the Cannabis genoma frezzed below …

3 Likes

Idk what the cause is, but I see this kind of “mutation” everytime I pop something that’s on the “purer” side. First pick is a current Hoa Bac, second is one from the original MDS pop

13 Likes

Looks pretty damn similar, and if I hadn’t actually found and killed both of the hemp flea beetles I could believe the same thing was going on. In this case it’s the flea beetles. As soon as I killed them the plants began growing normally again. I never had issues with flea beetles when growing my own heirloom but when I switched to Growing land races I began battling them. The little bastards are so fast, jumping off the plant before you even know they’re there and leaving you scratching your head as to what happened. Last summer I had two different Worcestershire Farms Kashmir get absolutely hammered by The Beetles to the point that I left them in my Potato Patch to die. They didn’t really want to cooperate and ended up rooting through their pots into the ground, and once they made contact with the local soil, the flea beetles stopped attacking them. Since I have grown in the ground organically for most of my life, this could explain the absence of these Critters in my past outdoor Bush grows. Normally you will begin to find small holes in the newest leaves of the plant. They seem to prefer the growing shoots. Anytime they have attacked by plants they always caused this same deformity but this is the first time I have seen this deformity without the associated holes in the leaves

8 Likes

Thank you for giving me that Oaxacan.I don’t think I’ll ever breed with it I’m going to keep it in a pure form at all times Popping those seeds after this next run is finished I have a bunch of runts stuff and a Copa Genetics batch of Turkish landrace xAncient Og going now.I had to wait till I had enough smoke to wait in those Oaxacan are done.I’m making a move next go through longer I drag my feet the longer I have to wait till I get that holy sacrament.I’m going to grow it next to some of those SMBH Vietnamese crosses when I get them

6 Likes

Every time I look at this thread I think of myself back in the 70s sitting on the beach in Negril with a pound of black weed that they called lambsbreath, I spent a week on the beach lost in the fog
When I came home I forgot that I kept sticking the Roaches in my pocket of my cut offs
I went to do laundry and I was out of weed
Well what a surprise I had when I put my hand in my pocket and found 10 roaches of lambs breath and sat there and enjoyed my Jamaican stay all over again​:crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

20 Likes