(complete) Holy Smoke Seeds Peshawar Afghan Coop Seed Run

Sweet! I’ll be planting tomorrow.

7 Likes

You gotta lot going on buddy. Probably hard to keep track of everything coop related. Thanks for everything you do!

7 Likes

@upstate , the overflow, would that be Joe’s offspring? Or just random mix?

2 Likes

Not yet, no.
Shit’s been real slow for me. I just got my Fall Box last week

5 Likes

The overflow seeds will be the same seeds everyone else gets. A mix of the first preservation and the backcross to Joe. Why mix them? Because I know everybody will skip growing the other seeds and will go for the Joe back cross If given the option. I want to force people to search through all the genetics in hopes that they find something as good or even better than Joe coming from a different parent.

20 Likes

Cool, knowledge is power, I had a feeling you was going to do that lol edit not hateing on it I was just wondering it’s really best , especially if those genetics you started from came gathered through time kinda opens it all back up I think, @Upstate , thoughts?

3 Likes

It’s totally possible to find more diversity/adaptations/mutations/outliers if one uses the runts/weaker parents, my reasoning for this is that they have to come up with more adaptations to survive. @Upstate , what are your thoughts on this line of reasoning ? If you don’t mind, ty edit, well, survivers I guess would be a better word the ones that struggle but make it

3 Likes

So when I mentioned last week that I was going to have a few crazy days ahead due to my whole immediate family coming to visit, I did not think it was going to be crazy to the point where I was going to end up in the emergency room from a dislocated knee but that’s indeed what happened.

Needless to say many things were delayed for me this past week but the seeds are now soaking in some water + h2o2 and I will keep you up to date as the grow progresses.

21 Likes

When i run seed to preserve, i use everything unless hermaphrodite and even then if its special I’ll keep it for me. Weak or slow starting plants from landrace seed I often chalk up to poor seed treatment and not poor genetics. I give them a little nudge by babying the runts a little and these plsnts often catch up with the rest. Their offspring are normal and their genetics help broaden a small genepool when working with smaller numbers of plants. More numbers=more rolls of the dice to find some majic.
I would avoid breeding any diseased or infected plants but runts in my experience have become my favorites a good number of times.

Oh i know. No worries. Its good info to know.

16 Likes

@deeez99 i hope that knee injury heals quickly. Having too much fun Were we?
My germ rate was 8/10 btw. I lost one and one didn’t pop. Planted the rest.

5 Likes

Smart way to honor the plant.
Good job listening to Her and mixing the seeds.

6 Likes

Thank you so much for your hard work ! @Upstate

5 Likes

eh yea just a tad. that and getting old kinda sucks.

10 for 10 on germination. Into their little pots and here’s hoping that each of them break ground!

21 Likes

Excellent! Glad they all popped😁 the fun begins!
@zephyr I’m trying to figure out timing…i need 2 months for seeds to form and i hope to dry a little bit too. 10 weeks from mailing seed should be the latest pollination. When do the spring boxes go out?
Not much to look at but the little plants are healthy. At the moment they are in the big room during the day and under a fluorescent at night.

17 Likes

Thanks @Upstate for this opportunity.

__

Guys, i’m trying to put my name on overflow list, but it’s appearing an error when i click on save edit.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Put your name on the over flow list with out the “@” symbol.

:green_heart: :seedling:

8 Likes

Damn ! Sounds like you had a crazy time haha
But seriously feel better brother. I’m excited to see how those come out as well

:v::green_heart:

2 Likes

This distributor is happy to handle the Canadian overflow for you if you like @Upstate .

11 Likes

That’s awfully nice of you to offer to help. Let’s see what kind of progress I make over the next couple months. If I’m feeling overwhelmed I’ll give you a holler.
Perhaps you could help with a second place for the overflow list. There are still 45 slots available But you can only mention 200 users in a post so that 1st post will not allow for any more sign ups.
@mospri Is trying to get his/her name on there. Need your country mospri.

2 Likes

Joe is looking nice and bushy and is poised to make a nice wide canopy. Today is the 2nd day under 270 watts/ florescents with a good bit of some 1000 watt mh light making over to the area as well.
I’m currently doing a little dance with spider mites. They hitched a ride indoors in the fall and honestly I was too tired to care. I just let the plants do their thing as most everything was for seed or too far into flower to do anything about it.
I have joe and the little ones surrounded by a neem oil moat ( could this become a thing? Why do we have no perimeter defense for bugs climbing on our plants?) and I have heavily sprayed the sides of all of their containers . I’ve got another 2 or 3 weeks that I will have to deal with this situation until my 430 W bulbs come in. After the infested plants are finished they will be removed from the room, and the room will be scrubbed down in preparation for new plants. Joe and the seedlings will get a neem spray to be safe.
As the main room is flower cycle lighting, Joe and the little ones are carried each morning and each night to a different location and put under a 150 W fluorescent just to keep them in veg. Story of my life these past couple years lol. A second room For vegetation mode has just been put at the top of my to-do list. Currently I use a-tent in an unheated apartment. It’s working fine at the moment but when the temperatures drop I’m hoping those bulbs are around.

13 Likes